• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

...which are all things that happened.

And no, you aren't going to go anywhere arguing that Erigu of all people is easily pleased. Especially not if you're just going to say, "no, nothing happened!" in response to someone pointing out a bunch of things that happened.

The point is that we already know about those things though? Even if they weren't explicitly spelled out, the connections were very easy to figure out. To me the chapter was pretty much guys talking about shit I already know and Eren not shutting up.

Unlike other shounen the story is planned well in advanced and it's similar to one piece in that way. The plot is definitely headed somewhere. A ton of mysteries and unanswered questions which fuel plot speculation and theories.

It also has a unique, Well written mythology which keeps expanding. Siu has put a lot of effort into world building and it shows.

Multiple characters and factions all vying for control. Nothing is black and white, A lot of gray areas.

Anyway that's what i like about it.

Boy with mysterious past off to save the world, acquires companions, battles baddies all in order to achieve a long-term goal. All that is pretty damn shounen. Throw in some video game aspects (acquiring loot, clearing levels, minigames with arcane rules), write a wiki's worth of backstory, and constantly generate new characters that you'll ignore in a few chapters when the next batch of new characters come out. It's a marriage of the shonen sensibility with the webtoon format's tendency towards bloat.

Girls of the Wild's looks great.

Bleh cg art do not like.

dumbyugi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62127647]There's another thread for Attack on Titan discussion. Try to keep it out of this thread if possible.[/QUOTE]

This is the manga thread where people can talk about whatever manga they want. Much like the anime thread where people talk about anime that have OT's all the time.

You know, the similarities between the Titans and the Yoma from Clyamore are pretty striking. Both of them eat humans, originate from transformed humans, are controlled by a shadowy organization, and come from across the sea.

Wiseblade

...which are all things that happened.

And no, you aren't going to go anywhere arguing that Erigu of all people is easily pleased. Especially not if you're just going to say, "no, nothing happened!" in response to someone pointing out a bunch of things that happened.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pull an Angry Grimace."

"You guys are hating ____ just to hate on it!" is your new catchphrase.

write a wiki's worth of backstory

Ok what other series does this? And why is this a negative factor? I think it's fantastic. When something in the series happens like an important character appears it's within context. It doesn't require further explanation from the characters.

I don't think most webtoons are bloated at all. Most tend to tell simple stories anyhow. Give me some examples. How is it a save the world story? That's just how you're interpreting it.

DarkMehm

World Trigger 1-2

Pretty interesting so far, but the translation was really bad. Whoever scanlates new series like this should seek for a new translator. Smoky BB and Soul Catchers were equally bad.

DarkMehm

Sekirei 145

I had to read the previous chapter again to remember what is going on. I guess this will end in 15-20 chapters.

Between E3 and a VN marathon all throughout next week (I have it off~), I'm not even sure I'll be mentally stable to post here. At the very least I'll try to avoid... trying too hard :(
It's gonna be great.

Waaaait wait wait wait wait, you're not...... ..... B/W color blind, are you? Just hues/saturations like me, right? Am I misunderstanding something here?

No but my color vision is more severe then simple red/green color blind. All those test to indicate your color blindness always tell me I completely failed :/ I can see colors but its just wrong, any two colors that are remotely close like brown/red/orange or green/yellow/tan or blue/purple/teal just throw me off.

Familiar 3

Really hilarious chapter for the two brothers, if only the beginning sequence wasnt just a dream but had actually happened, maybe eventually. Ending kiss was great but the reveal :( hopefully he reconsiders the move out deal.

survivor

Banned
Boy with mysterious past off to save the world, acquires companions, battles baddies all in order to achieve a long-term goal. All that is pretty damn shounen. Throw in some video game aspects (acquiring loot, clearing levels, minigames with arcane rules), write a wiki's worth of backstory, and constantly generate new characters that you'll ignore in a few chapters when the next batch of new characters come out. It's a marriage of the shonen sensibility with the webtoon format's tendency towards bloat.
Yeah, it doesn't even have good writing. Its just dumb characters fulfilling their roles for exposition dumps and you got world mythology that is the equivalent of FF13 datalog then its just not interesting to read. Even the battles are boring and visually lacking. Also the setup of the story just screams I'm gonna milk this shit if it ever gets popular.

wonzo

Banned
Soredemo 74-81
soredemo74.png

That MMO chapter and the Murder mystery ones were great and all but…

no more left ;_______________________________;

Akito

Nisekoi
Haru still sucks, was there a need for another tsundere? Komi pulled her out of his ass due to Onodera's popularity in Japan but he can at least make up another personality for her.

Monster Musume
Spider girl
second
best girl

Kuroko no Basket 216

The pace is quickening so that's good. Hope the conflict in the finals is interesting, since its already known that they'll win the match.

Don't be like this. We don't do it to Rage Town or to any other bad manga.
Nobody pretends that rage town is the freshest shonen on the block either. People really like their tower defense manga.

You know, the similarities between the Titans and the Yoma from Clyamore are pretty striking. Both of them eat humans, originate from transformed humans, are controlled by a shadowy organization, and come from across the sea.

They also both have shit art and horrible personalities for their main dudes so I can't tell apart the characters. Claymore is approaching Garfield levels of stagnancy, though.

Wiseblade

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62144111]Nobody pretends that rage town is the freshest shonen on the block either. People really like their tower defense manga.

They also both have shit art and horrible personalities for their main dudes so I can't tell apart the characters. Claymore is approaching Garfield levels of stagnancy, though.[/QUOTE]

So because people like something you don't you try to kick discussion of it out of the thread?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The point is that we already know about those things though? Even if they weren't explicitly spelled out, the connections were very easy to figure out. To me the chapter was pretty much guys talking about shit I already know and Eren not shutting up.
I was talking about the stuff Erigu was talking about about. Not to mention the fact that Ymir knows who the actual boss is, the manner in which Reiner could be the same guy AND the Armored Titan was explained and Eren acted as rationally as could be expected. I don't get how this is the worst chapter of all time without some heavy, heavy exaggeration.

"You guys are hating ____ just to hate on it!" is your new catchphrase.

Randomly declaring a chapter of a popular manga sucks is the MangaGAF equivalent of starting a fight with the biggest dude on the first day of a prison sentence to avoid becoming someone's bitch.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62127445]There's another thread for Attack on Titan discussion. Try to keep it out of this thread if possible.[/QUOTE]

You don't even like manga.

dramatis

Grimace, remove all the " from the quote and url tags.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62144111]Nobody pretends that rage town is the freshest shonen on the block either. People really like their tower defense manga.[/QUOTE]
It's not really a question of whether you like or dislike the manga or whether the manga is good or bad. I actually don't like the separate thread for Shingeki manga because there is bound to be someone there who won't come over here and ask about it and maybe explore other manga, maybe even manga you think are 'good'.

It's not as if slicing Shingeki discussion away from here will change the fact that Jojo and 7Seeds only release monthly and therefore most of the time everyone in here will be discussing manga that you think are all garbage.

It's great that you're still here despite all that, because it means you probably still believe that someday you'll find a manga to enjoy again, but until then put up with all the shounen fightan and moe-smut nonsense? Chill out, have a beer.

163969_162256570485116_5460533_n.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Nominated for most unnecessary character ever.

God's Beard!";62127647][URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537561&page=6 said:
There's another thread for Attack on Titan discussion. Try to keep it out of this thread if possible.[/URL]

There's also a bunch of specific anime OTs, but people still post their episode impressions of said show in the seasonal threads. This is a mega thread, just like that, and people can choose to post about anything in here or in the specific OT.

There's also a bunch of specific anime OTs, but people still post their episode impressions of said show in the seasonal threads. This is a mega thread, just like that, and people can choose to post about anything in here or in the specific OT.

I thought there was a manga thread for attack on titan too, odd to give it four places of discussion...

Gintamen

Side note it seem that Kishi saw Oda drawing pages of the next chapter of OP in his hospital room
Guy really needs to take a break and it also remind of Bakuman like some said on another forum .
Just following the example set by the other likely even more famous mangaka Tezuka Osamu. That's what I remember from a book about him maybe I've got it all wrong too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom