• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine this is how all manga artists feel.

ztM9Dvt.png

upandaway

Between E3 and a VN marathon all throughout next week (I have it off~), I'm not even sure I'll be mentally stable to post here. At the very least I'll try to avoid... trying too hard :(
It's gonna be great.

*is color blind*

:(

I can't appreciate these things
Waaaait wait wait wait wait, you're not...... ..... B/W color blind, are you? Just hues/saturations like me, right? Am I misunderstanding something here?

wonzo

Banned
nobunaga no chef - 30

yeah I have no clue what they're up to. Are they going to serve a meal in the middle of battle, Sengoku Basara style???
It could be some kinda peace offering to settle their misunderstandings through the power of food.

Alice in Hell, but this is just a bonus extra thing, not the actual manga.
Yeah, I figured as such. The art looks interesting after quick google search so I'll def. check it out.

Cwarrior

Shingeki no Kyojin 46

what fucken waste of time, we waited a whole month and we get 45 pages of nothing, just beating around the bush for 45 pages.

tumblr_mi30b3m0ra1rxwuovo1_250.gif

the plot didn't even move an inch, by far the worst paced shounen running today, non of the big 3 has every been this bad.

Shut the fuck up Eren!

Wiseblade

Shingeki no Kyojin 46

what fucken waste of time, we waited a whole month and we get 45 pages of nothing, just beating around the bush for 45 pages.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dabde87f5dee3757023d88db8fac7e5a/tumblr_mi30b3m0ra1rxwuovo1_250.gif[IMG]

the plot didn't even move an inch, by far the worst paced shounen running today, non of the big 3 has every been this bad.

Shut the fuck up Eren![/QUOTE]

I hate to pull an Angry Grimace, but I really don't think the chapter warrants the hate it gets. There's nothing to fault Eren for this chapter; he asks the right questions and calls people out appropriately. And I'd say the plot moved a little this chapter

Erigu

Shingeki no Kyojin 46
Ryner and Bertolt are following the Beast Titan, the Beast Titan can turn humans into titans, those new titans can move during the night whereas the regular ones can't... I don't think you were paying attention.

Cwarrior

I hate to pull an Angry Grimace, but I really don't think the chapter warrants the hate it gets. There's nothing to fault Eren for this chapter; he asks the right questions and calls people out appropriately. And I'd say the plot moved a little this chapter

Shut the hell up Eren!

It's deserves a lot more hate then it's getting, when we have to wait a whole month for a chapter and the mangka has the audacity to pull 45 pages of beating around the bush then yes it's earned that hate.

Ryner and Bertolt are following the Beast Titan, the Beast Titan can turn humans into titans, those new titans can move during the night whereas the regular ones can't... I don't think you were paying attention.

Some people are very easily pleased.

We already knew there are titans that are active at night in the castle arc and one of the kid's mom being turned into a titan, all that's new is, there now pointing fingers at the cause.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 05

yqGtAual.png

The Boy Who Doesn't Leap Through Time.

I'm surprised at how quickly they ended the Dutch route. Or is it going to keep switching back and forth depending on how many relationship points he's gonna earn.

dumbyugi

Denpa Kyoushi 77

I've been getting bored with this lately but I actually enjoyed the match quite a bit. It was entertaining even if it was very predictable. I hope he moves on to the main campus soon but it's probably still a while off yet.

Chocolate and Kase-san

Is it really a doujin if it's by the original author? This was a nice little Valentines extra that could have just been in the main story.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Something that doesn't feel like a generic Jump manga.

I just want ones that aren't obviously aimed at high school boys. The disconnect is very large.

You are thinking of Melo Holic. The saving grace of that story is how insanely meta it got after the plot twist reveal. Really well planned and executed.

That's it! It's been driving me insane for awhile now trying to remember it.

Yeah, I just really like the insanity towards the end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shut the hell up Eren!

It's deserves a lot more hate then it's getting, when we have to wait a whole month for a chapter and the mangka has the audacity to pull 45 pages of beating around the bush then yes it's earned that hate.

Some people are very easily pleased.

We already knew there are titans that are active at night in the castle arc and one of the kid's mom being turned into a titan, all that's new is, there now pointing fingers at the cause.

...which are all things that happened.

And no, you aren't going to go anywhere arguing that Erigu of all people is easily pleased. Especially not if you're just going to say, "no, nothing happened!" in response to someone pointing out a bunch of things that happened.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pull an Angry Grimace."

New Black Lagoon chapter!

Black Lagoon 83

haha bad move chinese girl. You dont piss Revy off like that.

awesome that it back , going to let some chapters build up first .

Side note it seem that Kishi saw Oda drawing\ pages of the next chapter of OP in his hospital room
Guy really needs to take a break and it also remind of Bakuman like some said on another forum .
Also chances are GAF is going to be down during E3 so even if OT was up it won't matter .

dumbyugi

Zettai Karen Children 344-345

Kyosuke's going super saiyan. It looks like this flashback might be the longest arc so far, it's already at part 8 and the longest arcs were only 9 parts.

Baketeriya 1-2

I have no clue where this is going at all, but it's... amusing? The way things are being portrayed is all out of whack. Guess I'll continue for now.

The popular ones (Tower of God, Noblesse, Girls of the Wild's) are pretty close to your typical shonen, they just look shittier.

How is Tower of God close to typical shounen? To lump it in with typical shounen is being pretty dishonest.

When it comes to art in a manga/manhwa i'm a believer of story>art though good art does help.

Antiwhippy

How is Tower of God close to typical shounen? To lump it in with typical shounen is being pretty dishonest.

When it comes to art in a manga/manhwa i'm a believer of story>art though good art does help.

What makes it different?

I've never got too far into it, so I'm just curious.

What makes it different?

I've never got too far into it, so I'm just curious.

Unlike other shounen the story is planned well in advanced and it's similar to one piece in that way. The plot is definitely headed somewhere. A ton of mysteries and unanswered questions which fuel plot speculation and theories.

It also has a unique, Well written mythology which keeps expanding. Siu has put a lot of effort into world building and it shows.

Multiple characters and factions all vying for control. Nothing is black and white, A lot of gray areas.

Anyway that's what i like about it.

Unlike other shounen the story is planned well in advanced and it's similar to one piece in that way. The plot is definitely headed somewhere. A ton of mysteries and unanswered questions which fuel plot speculation and theories.

It also has a unique, Well written mythology which keeps expanding. Sui has put a lot of effort into world building and it shows.

Multiple characters and factions all vying for control. Nothing is black and white, A lot of gray areas.

Opinions good to know. :p But seriously good job explaining it. I might have to start reading it.

Antiwhippy

It also has a unique, Well written mythology which keeps expanding. Siu has put a lot of effort into world building and it shows.

I dunno, that just sound like good shounen, and not necessarily different shounen.

I'll check it out though. Haven't read it in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom