• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

I'm up to date with fairy tail and one piece

Fairy tail :

Ever since dragon ball Z i'm expecting the third timeline theory to be always active when it comes to shonens and time travel.
Fairy tail is no exception.

The matches in the tournament were standard fairy tail stuff with power-up coming from nowhere and erza kicking ass as much as possible.

Big bad guy of this arc is a disapointment even if the fights with the dragons should be intresting.

One piece

It seems we've hit the point where serious things are happening . That arc was much better than the island before it ( with the mermaids ) even if i understand how importat all this stuff will be afterwards.

Man those aliances are gonna be some serious trouble. BUt so far i'm just glad Law is near the straw hats..it's a nice addition to the fighting cast.

Hyped for next arc

For both series : I'm satisfied.

gohanrage

Awesome a Thread about Manga.

Dragonball, Inuyasha, Naruto, Bleach, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Yu GI OH, Digimon, Voltron,

The only Manga I read Every single week is Naruto at the Moment

gohanrage

I often think that the Japanese are much better actors in Anime. with a few exceptions, Gundam, Inuyasha, Bleach, Naruto.
The bad thing about Anime is Filler Episodes.

The Japaneses voice actors usually are so awesome when it comes to emotions. an example. in the Dragonball Z Trunks Special. I thought the japanese did a better job of acting when he finds Gohan Dead and turns Super Saiyan for the First time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I often think that the Japanese are much better actors in Anime. with a few exceptions, Gundam, Inuyasha, Bleach, Naruto.
The bad thing about Anime is Filler Episodes.

The Japaneses voice actors usually are so awesome when it comes to emotions. an example. in the Dragonball Z Trunks Special. I thought the japanese did a better job of acting when he finds Gohan Dead and turns Super Saiyan for the First time.

Don't forget Yu Yu Hakusho. The dub is vastly superior to the original.

Kusagari

bigkrev

Justin Cook as Yusuke is probably my favorite dub performance ever. He does such a better job capturing the character than the original JPN actor did!

I'm on that list, but feel free to follow me @skrefetz. I mostly tweet about Magic the Gathering and terrible music to listen to between hours of 1-4 am, though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will be chilling in #animegaf on irc.rizon.net as always.

You're all welcome to join to talk with your fellow weeaboos about E3 shit.

As a big YYH fan I agree with this. I have the 4 blu-ray seasons and while some stuff is better in the sub version such as the demons the dub beats it hands down.

The JP VA for Yusuke doesn't match up to Justin Cook.

@crimsonlink3 for my twitter. Lots of SC2, video game and manga talk.

upandaway

I don't even know how twitter works. I tried understanding it once and it just flew over my head. Checking now, and the user I made back then has like 5 followers now. I never used it in any way. What. What? What. What?!

You guys have fun over there and I'll see you when the apocalypse ends

Maybe I'll start tweeting some stuff in English so that you guys can understand what the hell I'm talking about.

But all your music groups stuff...though If manganews would... Ive lost track of how many languages come across my timeline.

Maybe I should do less pixiv and tumblr image spams and bursts of tons of retweets, but so many good images.

bigkrev

Maybe I'll start tweeting some stuff in English so that you guys can understand what the hell I'm talking about.

Nah, it's funnier in French

But all your music groups stuff...though If manganews would... Ive lost track of how many languages come across my timeline.

Maybe I should do less pixiv and tumblr image spams and bursts of tons of retweets, but so many good images.

I have to disable automatic showing of images on my phone app because I follow you :p

maybe I'll take this opportunity to actually update and use my twitter

maybe

edit: kurita and me are communicating on the fucking internet it's like the future

Kuroko no Basket 216:
I feel trolled.

So, after this insanely long flashback, they don't even face Kuroko's friend in the tournament at all? I thought that was what this was all leading up to, and Teikou was going to beat his school down. Now I'm really not sure exactly what is going on. I guess we finally got to see how Aomine got to the way he was at the start of the series, but it feels like this flashback should really be wrapping up now. But pretty much everything this flashback was supposed to explain still needs to be revealed.

Detective Conan 860:
Not really sure where this whole thing with Sera having another brother is going, but it's an interesting story beat (assuming it isn't all a lie and she's not just talking with Akai and covering her tracks). It seems to be someone who knows Conan's capabilities. This just makes yet another mystery for Sera that needs to be resolved. Hopefully, we'll find out about this brother and her connection with Shinichi and Ran before too long. There were a couple of lines in this chapter that made me wonder if Vermouth was disguised as Yamamura, but maybe I'm just reading too much into that.

wonzo

Banned
Ore to Hero to Mahou Shoujo 7
manhoushoujo7.jpg
manhoushoujo7a.jpg

Holy shit, looks like thats where the ridiculously fabulous hero from the prototype comic went. lmao

As much as I love Shingeki no Kyojin, having a separate thread for it is stupid.
But the main reason why this happened was because people posted spoilers in the thread about the anime.

The main reason it happened is because Branduil doesn't want to come in here anymore :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SmutGAF reads a larger variety of manga than WednesdayGAF, so it's only fair that the latter should go split off into their own thread.

Kurita

Ore to Hero to Mahou Shoujo 7

Holy shit, looks like thats where the ridiculously fabulous hero from the prototype comic went. lmao
I was going to say that the art was ONE-tier, but I realized that it looked better than Makai no Ossan and original OPM.

dumbyugi

Sakura Trick 1

Looks like it will be a fairly standard group of girls hang out with each other and talk about shit 4koma. It does have actual yuri instead of just not-quite yuri like most of these types of series though so that's nice.

Wiseblade

ONE's still doing his One Punch Man, right? Must be weird drawing that and putting it out there when there's someone redoing the archive and making it look amazing.

Have Viz said anything about releasing OPM volumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom