• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Naruto

Hopefully Orochimaru does something to revive this bore fest.

Bleach

I don't really get what Zangetsu was doing but whatever.

One Piece

Law is fucked.

Naruto

So Orochimaru will fix Tsunade or he has something else in mind?

Bleach

What a tease.

One Piece

Its going to get fun real soon. Doflamingo really pulled a fast one on Law.

Gintamen

Yamada 62

I really do wonder how the author's gonna continue this after we've found out who the last witch is.
/
She better not, it's got to end before it ends up being a second Yankee & Megame.

One Piece
I don't think Fujitora is a person to let Doflamingo go with the knowledge the marines have gathered about him.

Naruto

Huh, plot twist? Not plot twist? Sure, I'm interested.

Bleach

fix-TDL.png

One Piece

More chapter time than Robin's had through the entire manga.

I'll cut you a deal Oda, make Robin actually matter in this arc and I'll forgive the fanservice.

Naruto 634

The combination SasuNaru ninjutsu was their best moment thus far for this fight (Gamakichi ftw as well). I kind of want even more combo and teamwork attacks from both as this goes on and hope Jugo is wrong about implying some type of other motive and aim for Sasuke, just stay good, be convinced by Naruto and stay by his side, Sasuke, please.

I hope Suigetsu plays a large role there (though why is he hanging around with Orochimaru, isnt he afraid of him, he wet his pants in that previous chapter, even though his whole body is wet).

Gintamen

One Piece

More chapter time than Robin's had through the entire manga.

I'll cut you a deal Oda, make Robin actually matter in this arc and I'll forgive the fanservice.
Who wouldn't love her matter for once, she was practically non-present during FH and only had panel time in FI because of the poneglyph. Hopefully that doesn't mean she will be held back again until the unavoidable RA arc.

What happened to Robin? I thought she was this cool member of the group, Oda :(

Also a break!?
If she doesn't show emotions now, where will we see her character develop at all? She can't be cool all the time, as an archaeologist those rare creatures should be in her interest, especially when it's their place of origin. I wonder if they have any connection to the void century.

You don't stop being wounded/ill, just because you say it will only take two weeks.

dumbyugi

Jump #29 TOC (17/06)
Toriko (Cover & Lead Color Page, Fifth Year Anniversary)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Shokugeki no Souma
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Hq!! (Color Page)
Kuroko no Basket
Soul Catcher(S)
Naruto
Smoky B.B.
Bleach
Mutou Black
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Gintama
Sket Dance
Kochikame
Beelzebub
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

Issue #30
Cover & Lead CP: PSI Kusuo Saiki
CP: Beelzebub, Gintama, World Trigger
Absent: One Piece

Akito

I love Dark Souls, you know me Akito, I love that game. But it was way too easy :(

I really don't like doing handicap runs but I'll try one hopefully before Dark Souls 2 comes out.
You picked the pyromancer right? You basically played Easy Mode then. I'd recommend a bow-only run, you'd play a whole different game.

One Piece
Sometime I wished I didn't read the spoiler and this is one of those times. Sure I don't like the part Robin had to play but at least it's still quite tame on the fanservice scale. I called the dwarfes = fairies thing but they still look cuter than I expected. So Dofla made a deal with the government and pretended to exit the Shichibukai and shit's about to go down on Law. Everything is being tied together, I like it. Next chapter in two weeks :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Shit is going down. Doflamingo AND Issho closing in on Law? Can't wait for next we- oh right... break. Damn... at least Oda deserves it.

Nice reference to Gulliver's Travels.
I'm guessing Sanji found out the truth from Violet somehow.
So how long until people start demanding "Wicca for Straw Hat"?

Jump #29 TOC (17/06)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Shokugeki no Souma

New Big 3? New Big 3.

K – SIDE: BLACK & WHITE 1 (LN)
tumblr_moa67tinRm1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kuro's courage must be applauded, so young yet so brave to go and save Heita from that branch on the cliff. Really takes after Miwa and to get all embarrassed about being praised was kind of funny and sweet. Overall the first chapter provided great background for Kuro and even the mysterious Ichigen.

Not really looking forward to Neko's backstory next chapter :/

dumbyugi

PSI Kusuo Saiki getting a colour page next issue adds credibility to these rumours from earlier:
#30 : Saiki Kusuo no Sainan (Lead Color)
#31 : Cross Manage (End) & Gintama (Lead Color)
#32 : Sket Dance (End) & Kazurô Kyô / Hôkago Idol (Start)
#33 : New serie by Yô Matsuyuki

Gintamen

One Piece
So how long until people start demanding "Wicca for Straw Hat"?
Happened the moment those little gnomes were shown. Cute, fast, strong, what else do we need? Seems perfect, but it should be a personality opposite of Chopper. An adventurous apprentice maybe?

Kurita

One Piece

Another great chapter, like the last one. The bit with the gnomes who trust everything they hear was pretty cute and funny :lol
Robin sure has big boobs.

Jump #29 TOC (17/06)
Toriko (Cover & Lead Color Page, Fifth Year Anniversary)
One Piece
Assassination Classroom
Shokugeki no Souma
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Hq!! (Color Page)
Kuroko no Basket
Soul Catcher(S)
Naruto
Smoky B.B.
Bleach
Mutou Black
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Gintama
Sket Dance
Kochikame
Beelzebub
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

Issue #30
Cover & Lead CP: PSI Kusuo Saiki
CP: Beelzebub, Gintama, World Trigger
Absent: One Piece

I am so glad World Trigger is getting its second color page. Finally having ones favorite action series getting some sort of rewards for its popularity is pleasing.

Its almost time for Soul Catcher(s) isnt it? (guess it'd be 32).

Kurita

I am so glad World Trigger is getting its second color page. Finally having ones favorite action series getting some sort of rewards for its popularity is pleasing.

Its almost time for Soul Catcher(s) isnt it? (guess it'd be 32).

Soul Catcher(s)'s first ranking should be in issue #32.

EDIT : didn't see you edited :lol

7Th

PSI Kusuo Saiki getting a colour page next issue adds credibility to these rumours from earlier:
#30 : Saiki Kusuo no Sainan (Lead Color)
#31 : Cross Manage (End) & Gintama (Lead Color)
#32 : Sket Dance (End) & Kazurô Kyô / Hôkago Idol (Start)
#33 : New serie by Yô Matsuyuki

Calling it, next Nisekoi.

Pein

Banned
Naruto

Nice combo move, what good is orochimaru and his experiments going to Tsunade, none of them are healers.

Karin healed sasuke before or at least recovered all his chakra. Orochimaru is all about medical ninjutsu, he's experimented with loads of people before. Anyway as long as Orchimaru puts her back together and tsunade bites karin , the kage are saved.

Also what are the other good shonen jump series? I only read naruto, one piece and bleach.

One Piece 631

Kind of a boring chapter, focusing on Robin eliminated much screentime needed to better enhance Zoro's aspect of the plot and big reveal at the end. And additionally, the arc feels really childish now with talking toys and kiddie dwarfs. Im ready for this to end.

BatDan

According to the TOC Author Comments, Oda has not yet fully recovered and has been put on a schedule that's not too strenuous to his health, until he's up and running again.

Just get well Oda, that's all you need to do right now. We can wait.

EDIT: Beaten hard.

Oda's going to have a reduced schedule until he's fully healed. Source.

Kind of expect ,when i hear he was doing chapters in the hospital i was saying WTF .
So we might get chapter evey 2 weeks until he heals fully.
The last thing jump wants is him being out for a good while but they also can't afford him taking to long a rest .

BatDan

One Piece is the new Hunter x Hunter.

Only we know exactly why Oda is on break.
Why is Togashi on break this time? Is he still sick or is Dragon Quest taking up all his time? Or did "TOGASHI'S WIFE DEMAND HIATUS"?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: B

Okay I was about to call this a C but I had to upgrade it for the simple fact that Ichigo asked all the right questions, and the explanation(s) made sense. The chapter was nicely focused but why couldn't we see the new Zangetsu? C'mon bruh.
Stats like Kingdom hearts eh? well that explain his shitty taste in things in general, what a shitty franchise.
*DEAD*

Never change, flint. You are too awesome.

So Zangetsu wasn't really him and holding Ichigo back.. hmm interesting. Now his real potential will kick in but his sword and powers will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom