• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
God I hope Shimura follows up Wandering Son and Aoi Hana with something else.

I need my monthly serious illustrated non-conforming gender story fix.
Isn't she working on a web series?

what the FUCK. Wandering Son has been so stagnant and slow for months and now its ending? No way is there enough time to flesh out an ending.

I'm thinking of likely endings all they all make me mad.
Welcome to Aoi Hana. :/

scy

Horimiya 22 - Please god get somewhere with this whole "I heard your confession" bit. Please?

Nisekoi 77 - Please god get somewhere with this whole "Just fuck them all already" bit. Wait, I think I made that up.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 32
Ok, I expected as much, Diane somehow shrank herself and so... wait what the fuck, did she and Liz actually fused or something?
30 pages for the next chapter? Nice.

Yay were back, honestly I'm glad I followed so many of you and vice versa twitter with GAF is pretty awesome.

+ Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3, Smash Bros 4, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Metal Gear Solid 5, Watch_Dogs, Titanfall, Star Wars Battlefront, PS4 Price and No DRM

- Xboned, garbage internet connection at my house, Retro's new game being DKCR2 (not that I'm not excited for it, but I wanted something more), Killer Instinct F2P shenanigans, cg trailers as opposed to actual gameplay

All in all a pretty enjoyable E3, got a lot to look forward to in the next year so it's a good thing I'm getting a pay raise soon and I'm moving into a house that'll cost a lot less per month :D

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I haven't fucked with Nintendo since I bought the Wii on launch day (waited in line) and promptly returned it a week later from it being shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I haven't fucked with Nintendo since I bought the Wii on launch day (waited in line) and promptly returned it a week later from it being shit.

Then you missed out on a bunch of great games including the best jRPG of the generation (if I'm honest it was probably the best RPG of the generation for me).

Then you missed out on a bunch of great games including the best jRPG of the generation (if I'm honest it was probably the best RPG of the generation for me).

Let's be honest it's only real competition on consoles came from Tales of Vesperia and Ni no Kuni. Hand helds had a better showing with stuff like KH:BbS and TWEWY though.

Apart from Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Sonic Colors, you didnt really miss much. There are much cheaper things to use to that can collect dust just as well.

Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade, Zelda Skyward Sword, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption all justified my Wii purchase and that doesn't even include some fantastic niche games like Rhythm Heaven Fever or Fortune Street.

dramatis

+ Titan Fall, FF15 announcement, KH3, PS4 price, MGS5 trailer, DS2 trailer
- Xbone, FF15 gameplay video, MGS5 extended trailer
The extended trailer was a bit squicky but I thought it was pretty good.

That said, Wednesday is almost upon us. I think After School Idol is going to be meh. There's already Nisekoi, and while Nisekoi is stagnating I don't think Idol is going to be good enough to overtake it. Only way it could happen is if the girls are somehow more moe and attractive than the ones in Nisekoi.

Almost wish Ohba would hurry and cook up a new manga. Even if he's not so good with endings, his concepts are usually interesting and different.

upandaway

The best JRPG of the generation is Dark Souls #truthfact
The only exception I can allow is Demon's Souls.
I love Dark Souls, you know me Akito, I love that game. But it was way too easy :(

I really don't like doing handicap runs but I'll try one hopefully before Dark Souls 2 comes out.

I might buy a Wii for like $40 or something from Cowboom or eBay. It's kinda worth it at that price.
At this point I would recommend to use emulation instead. Or wait the few years until you have a powerful enough PC. There really is no point in using Wii hardware nowadays.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
At this point I would recommend to use emulation instead. Or wait the few years until you have a powerful enough PC. There really is no point in using Wii hardware nowadays.
Oh, I forgot about this. I'm pretty sure my desktop can run Wii games smoothly, it's plenty powerful.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
- stat's hyped for KH3,
- stat hates Naruto

I'm confused as fuck over here.
u srs breh?

KH3 is like, the best thing EVER. It is literally the one series that despite its ridiculously complicated and ridiculous story is STILL A+, 10/10, AWESOMESAUCE on the feels meter.

I played (and loved) KH1 when I was fucking 11. 11! I'm 22 now, and I've been waiting for just an announcement of KH3 for 6+ years. Do you understand these feels?

Naruto is just pure shit, so whatever. The feels left a long time ago.

Foolworm

Neon Genesis Evangelion 96 (End)

Read the chapter while Ritsuko's theme was playing. Hit the last spread right at the glissando.

Beautiful.

Now, onward to 4.0.

P.S
Anyone notice Fuyutsuki boarding the train when Shinji was dragging Asuka out?

Mr. Fix

u srs breh?

KH3 is like, the best thing EVER. It is literally the one series that despite its ridiculously complicated and ridiculous story is STILL A+, 10/10, AWESOMESAUCE on the feels meter.

I played (and loved) KH1 when I was fucking 11. 11! I'm 22 now, and I've been waiting for just an announcement of KH3 for 6+ years. Do you understand these feels?

Gameplay got better for sure, but the levels of cheese are comparable. Also the voice acting sucks ass now.

u srs breh?

original

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Gameplay got better for sure, but the levels of cheese are comparable. Also the voice acting sucks ass now.
Gameplay got better. That's one [arguably important] tick mark. Everything about Naruto has gotten worse. As I said, the story gets more and more convoluted but I think every KH fan (from 2002 on) loves it JUST BECAUSE. This is not logic, these are feels.

Mr. Fix

Gameplay got better. That's one [arguably important] tick mark. Everything about Naruto has gotten worse. As I said, the story gets more and more convoluted but I think every KH fan (from 2002 on) loves it JUST BECAUSE. This is not logic, these are feels.

Yeah yeah I know, day 1, etc.

Anyway, I'll be on hiatus for a while so I'll just throw these out now:

One Piece

Probably an A+

Bleach

Aizen/10

Naruto

Who cares.
F- anyway.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

The biggest mistake from KH franchise in my eyes is having all these cheerful and colorful Disney characters and wrapped them up in an emo storyline filled with spiky haired characters and zippers and ANSEM EVERYWHERE.

As far as I am concerned it tarnishes my beloved Disney characters: they deserve much better.

Lain

Question for those of you that read Railgun and are watching Railgun S.

Which volume of the manga/novel covers the stuff airing now? I really need to see how this battle continues after episode 9 of S (also what's gonna happen to captured genius girl).

The biggest mistake from KH franchise in my eyes is having all these cheerful and colorful Disney characters and wrapped them up in an emo storyline filled with spiky haired characters and zippers and ANSEM EVERYWHERE.

As far as I am concerned it tarnishes my beloved Disney characters: they deserve much better.

The worst KH game is Chains followed by 3DDD. I can never forgive cards and the drop system.

They can add the rest to KH III. :)

Anyways its Wednesday so time for OP, Bleach and Naruto.

I'm mostly excited for Bleach with Bach and Ichigo.

dumbyugi

Which volume of the manga/novel covers the stuff airing now? I really need to see how this battle continues after episode 9 of S (also what's gonna happen to captured genius girl).

Volume 5 of the manga covers this stuff.

Dresden

Unfortunately, from what I read of the manga
the science girl just disappears completely from the story. Light novel readers have confirmed this too.

bigkrev

Amazing how we were dead Monday and Tuesday, but will probably be alive for shitty Wednesday...

Also, was awesome following all of you on twitter during the craziness!

One-Punch Man 19

Something oddly satisfying about seeing how awesome Sonic is, and Saitama slapping him around like a bitch. Real power level discrepancy.

Lain

Volume 5 of the manga covers this stuff.

Thanks.
Seems like I've owned it since August last year, but didn't read it because Amazon UK had sent me 5 way before shipping 4... and so now I have 4 and 6 on my desk and 5 nowhere to be found. Fuck.

Unfortunately, from what I read of the manga
the science girl just disappears completely from the story. Light novel readers have confirmed this too.

Gah, that sucks.

Tsukuroiya 01-02

4lRevQPl.jpg

A series about a traveler that goes around fixing problems between alternate worlds.

An interesting read. Each chapter seems to be stand alone but it is really set up really nicely where you get charmed by the problem and just want to see it to its conclusion. The art is pretty standard but it works with this series. Gotta say I'm pretty charmed by this.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I actually like Kingdom Heart 1.

Then whoever wrote the games after it felt the need to be DEEP and he/they added all of the multiple personalities, secret identities, emo scenes, blah blah blah blah in an effort to create an image that the whole thing is meaningful while the truth it is nothing more than just stupid nonsense hogwash.

Gah.

But I should stop speaking about the series... hmmm.

Anyways,

Wednesday, yay!

DarkMehm

Yamada 62

I think this will end when they solve the mystery about the last witch. I can't see it go on after all witches are found.

Kusagari

They're stupid as fuck, but Ansem's rants about DARKNESS in Kingdom Hearts 1 are still awesome.

I don't know why they're awesome but they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom