• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 62

I think this will end when they solve the mystery about the last witch. I can't see it go on after all witches are found.

They still need to figure out what's the deal with the President and Yamada has to give Shiraishi the D, but the impression I get is that she's going to reject him for some asinine reason because manga.

raiot

u srs breh?

KH3 is like, the best thing EVER. It is literally the one series that despite its ridiculously complicated and ridiculous story is STILL A+, 10/10, AWESOMESAUCE on the feels meter.

I played (and loved) KH1 when I was fucking 11. 11! I'm 22 now, and I've been waiting for just an announcement of KH3 for 6+ years. Do you understand these feels?

Naruto is just pure shit, so whatever. The feels left a long time ago.

I dont want to disappoint you, but I'm 31 and was waiting for Duke Nukem Forever for half of my life.

Just saying... ;)

Naruto

g6tqgfo.png

smh

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I wanna ask something to all of you who are in the know.

What is it that compels scanlators/translators to become the fastest? Because whatever it is, I think its the reason why, say, Panda doesn't care about the quality of its translation.

It's not like they can get money out of it. Just the desire of being... what, famous...? I find it rather perplexing.

Naruto

Naruto and Sasuke are soul mates re-confirmed, since their combo attacks are better than experienced teammates ;)

What is it that compels scanlators/translators to become the fastest? Because whatever it is, I think its the reason why, say, Panda doesn't care about the quality of its translation.

It's not like they can get money out of it. Just the desire of being... what, famous...? I find it rather perplexing.

Money! Being first to release the chapter will mean a lot of web traffic that generate add money for these websites.

LeleSocho

Banned

What is it that compels scanlators/translators to become the fastest? Because whatever it is, I think its the reason why, say, * doesn't care about the quality of its translation.

Gonna get those clicks

Naruto's out

I really hope the Juubi didn't go down like that.

do you really think that Madara can't suck those flames just like Sasuke does?

Naruto
Nice chapter if it wasn't for that tear... also lol for the name that the fourth invented.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Gonna get those clicks

Naruto
Nice chapter if it wasn't for that tear... also lol for the name that the fourth invented.

Well I suppose....

Also, Sasuke is up to no good I bet. It would be glorious if he do something evil next chapter after everyone is like OOOOOUUUU YOUR COMBINATION ATTACK IS AWESOME!

Averon

Gonna get those clicks

do you really think that Madara can't suck those flames just like Sasuke does?

Naruto

But Madara doesn't give a crap about the Moon Eye plan as long as Hashirama's around. Hell, at this point, he'll help kill off the Juubi if it frees up Hashi to fight him for real.

Obito can suck up the flames, but he's being converted by Kakashi in another dimension.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
There is also the possibility that Sasuke's "Burn It Down" is actually related to the wooden shackles holding the Juubi.

MEGATON, hahaha.

Or... maybe he wants to become the new host of the Juubi somehow? Hohohohoho.

And Orochimaru holding Tsunade hostage, ohohohoho.

BLEACH!

YO Ichigo was fighting with just a tiny bit of his powers....... HYPED FOR THE NEW ZANGETSU!

Holy crap all his fights were rigged by Juha Bach's spirit. FUCK YEAH! Screw you Ulquiorra, blowing a hole into Ichigo and feeling all great and powerful, Ichigo was gimped when he was fighting you and still stomped your ass in hollow form.

Ichigo is coming back into power. Must explain Final Getsuga Tensho as it was exactly like the Quincy Letzt Stil and Bach was more than happy to have Ichigo lose his Shinigami powers. The wait for next week will be hard but amazing! I hope Ichigo has to learn Bankai again! Would be nice to see a more explosive Zangetsu as an EXPANSION of his powers rather than a compression.

Naruto

NaruXSasu, DTL you will be one happy reader, its looking canon every week that passes by, even Sakura is shipping it from the tears in her eyes in the background as team NaruSasu does everything by themselves.

Hashirama is already teasing the name creation of their combined jutsu.

Nice of Orochimaru to find the half dead Kages at the end though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

Really? We couldn't fit one more page in there? This shit is just like when whats his face took a whole damn chapter to die, except we didn't get "The Heart" this time. Actually getting a page of "The Heart" would have been better since I could have laughed.

Naruto

Orochimaru is on the scene, the GOAT villain of the series is back in action. Redeem this shit Oro, redeem it hard.

Speaking of Japanese picture drawings that are actually good for a second, I finally got to read A Drifting Life today. I'll wait til later to post my thoughts on it, but it's definitely a work that really sticks with you. Also learned a lot about manga history.

Gintamen

Bleach 541
Is that a fire type zanpakatou like his fathers? Oo Or it that just a lot of light?

Narutp 634
More of that v2 bullshit from last chapter, Sasuke is useless for battle after all, Madara is chilling like the last twenty chapters to reveal the HUGE amount of plot induced stupidity that Kishimoto is throwing around from time to time. Meh, nothing seems finished, the attack was done mid-chapter, meaning it won't work.

Gintamen

BLEACH!
Screw you Ulquiorra, blowing a hole into Ichigo and feeling all great and powerful, Ichigo was gimped when he was fighting you and still stomped your ass in hollow form.
Because hollow form is the [other] true form? So "still" doesn't really work there.

Nah all that light etc, nothing mirrors Aizen's water/illusion theme, unless it's all an illusion within a dream world. Troll lvl 3. Aizen just realized that unless Ichigo uses his full power he won't be able to take over that body and become the biggest mofo alive, therefore he waits in darkness. Ah, sorry that was that other manga.

Why do people support bad industry practices? It cant hurt to wait a few more hours, considering their just not capable of delivering anything with signs of actual quality.

Gintamen

It's all a plan to deliver bad information about the content of the manga, increasing the need to buy the real volumes. hihi

Nah being first gives them a boner, some fame and maybe some ad money. Are those even jap-eng translations, not jap-china-eng ones?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece

They're so trusting! Robin <3

It looks like the story of this arc is starting to come together. Also Law is fucked. I really doubt he's admiral tier, if he was he wouldn't need Luffy.

Because hollow form is the [other] true form? So "still" doesn't really work there.

Nah all that light etc, nothing mirrors Aizen's water/illusion theme, unless it's all an illusion within a dream world. Troll lvl 3. Aizen just realized that unless Ichigo uses his full power he won't be able to take over that body and become the biggest mofo alive, therefore he waits in darkness. Ah, sorry that was that other manga.

I guess you can say that but Ichigo lost because Bach was holding back his powers that he had to resort to the hollow form in the first place.

Why do people support bad industry practices? It cant hurt to wait a few more hours, considering their just not capable of delivering anything with signs of actual quality.

I just hope that the ones that do read it still subscribe to Shonen Jump US to help the manga scene.

One Piece
:( Oda are you seriously turning Robin into a fanservice girl? Robin has always been that serious spylike member of the straw hat group and had a rather twisted sense of humor. Please bring back that Robin and not this one. Ussop is still awesome with his lies.

On that note the whole chapter was jumping all over the place and I had to reread to make sure I knew where I was in the chapter. Glad the tournament is in the backburner and that Don is being a real pirate with the double crossing. The pace is getting faster which is good.

Makes me excited for the next chapter. But Oda needs to take a break obviously as I feel that the OP quality wasn't here this chapter. Maybe it was the panda translation but this chapter did not call out to me expect the very last page.

One Piece

Didn't like the treatment of Robin in this chapter? What is Oda thinking recently with his female characters? Why regress to stereotypes from the series earlier treatment?

Anyway, things are coming together and I am excited.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
One Piece

They're so trusting! Robin <3

It looks like the story of this arc is starting to come together. Also Law is fucked. I really doubt he's admiral tier, if he was he wouldn't need Luffy.

Pretty much. And it looked like Flamingo was closing in too?

Damn. I'm getting so pumped about this arc right now.

Not excited it's on break again though. .

smurfx

get some go again
one piece

oh shit its gonna go down now! law you better use your teleportation to get the fuck out of there. i get the feeling fujitora will end up bailing everybody out in the end. don't think they would send an admiral to aid doflamingo. maybe fujitora is there to kill both law and doflamingo?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pretty much. And it looked like Flamingo was closing in too?

Damn. I'm getting so pumped about this arc right now.

Not excited it's on break again though. .

Donflamingo doesn't even need to be there at this point. He's manipulated this entire thing perfectly, the dwarfs/gnomes or whatever they're called seem to be the only thing he hasn't accounted for.

wonzo

Banned
Magi 184

Looks like Titus is gonna sacrifice himself to save us from more of this terrible arc. What a noble sacrifice. ;_;7

still no mor but marga was extra moe in this chapter

Sinbad 7

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seven Deadly Sins 32

Elizabeth's totally in that little necklace crystal thingy.

Yamada 62

I really do wonder how the author's gonna continue this after we've found out who the last witch is.

Reading this series feels really gross… which is kinda vexing given all the other kinds of shit I read. :/

Kabuto

Naruto
I like Aoda, I hope he doesn't get oneshotted by the Juubi.
Sasuke why you gotta be like that? I actually liked him for the last few chapters. I wonder if Jugo actually knows what Sasuke is planning since he's been quiet the entire time they got there.
Orochimaru is a beast if he can somehow get Tsunade and the other Kages back to the battle.
Bleach
why didn't Kubo just show the new Zangetsu? -__-
I noticed the faces in this chapter were very well drawn.

One Piece
Law is screwed unless the gnomes somehow help him, Usopp, and Robin escape. I hope we get to see Fujitora fight, he looks awesome

Theonik

Reading this series feels really gross… which is kinda vexing given all the other kinds of shit I read. :/
It's a beautiful thing. I'd not have expected such a thing existed. Then I remembered all the other things that exist in this world and sort of realised that'd be wrong.
I can't stop reading either way.

Village

I dont want to disappoint you, but I'm 31 and was waiting for Duke Nukem Forever for half of my life.

Just saying... ;)

But they made bunches of small kh's up to this point 2 in particular better than the home console ones.

Also namura.

It will be fine.

Bleach

Nothing happened

Naruto
More fan service but i have no problem with it .

Bleach
Looking forward to seeing Ichigo new power .

One Piece
Most of the crew in trouble and Law is fucked if he don't get away .

Robin fanservice = bestest fanservice

Reading HSDK made me immune to most other manga fanservices and Nami is the real waking fanservice so seeing Robin like that didn't make me happy.

But Robin will probably grab Ussop and the goblins and use them to save Law. Meanwhile, we should get some good fighting done at the Sunny Go with the crew vs Don's crew.

Can't wait to see more of Monster Chopper. Not to mention Nami's weather powers, maybe Monosuke's dragon powers as well.

Naruto

When Naruto and Sasuke :dtl their powers are unstoppable, glorious

Bleach

Okay chapter, epic troll not showing us the blade this chapter though

One Piece

Looks like shit will start coming together next chapter, sounds like an epic battle is about to happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom