• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross Manage 39
tumblr_mpacco4F9y1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Teruki looked weird this chapter for some reason and Ryu's hands were huge in one panel, it was also weird. Though beyond art, liked Ryu's long words and heartfelt emotions.

El Sloth

Banned
Attack on Titan 1-9

Finally decided to dust off the 5 volumes I have of this sitting on my shelf and read through the first two. It's pretty enjoyable so far even if it's turned into this weird as hell
titan MMA thing.
I'm kinda bummed they
didn't leave Eren killed off as it felt kinda like a copout given the "survival" bent to this
but it's still pretty entertaining to read. The art's pretty bad times though, jeez.

I did like how the Q&A at the end of volume one pretty much spoiled the
Eren turns into a Titan twist and the backstory with Mikasa and her scarf.
lol
I was so excited when I thought that
Mikasa was going to become the actual real main character when Eren "died". I don't mind that series turned out to secretly be a giant robot comic though.

AKB49 128-129

Well seems like the final showdown of the arc is near. Neither interesting chapters, both of them, but is more akb49 so that's enough, because every chapter is a chapter closer to more Okabe.

that is literally like that one chapter of haganai

The fuck...

World Trigger 20

Well that was rather intense and kind of unexpected. Of all the other recent new action manga that started in JUMP and were actiony of sort, I dont recall any of them really getting to be this kind of deep, intense, or even compelling. I hope that the readers do support and embrace this story so that it can continue. I imagine there is still a whole lot left to this world and even things arising from the flashback. In particular for my interests and for the sake of antagonists, the Trion Soldier there of sorts that off'd Yuma. That didn't look like any standard design and has to have some other role to play in the story, maybe we can see it again.

Anyway Yuma sporting the black hair was kind of cool, though I think I prefer him with the white hair look. The sad panels were tear inducing, I mean who draws peoples dad's crumbling in front of their eyes after making the ultimate sacrifice and still Yuma could die :(

Sengoku Basara 3 -Roar of Dragon- 01-06

Liidy1Tl.jpg

First couple of chapters involve Masamune doing his thing and blah blah blah

Then, Ieyasu enters and everything becomes amazing.

Akame ga Kill 38

One thing I love about this series is the guy isn't afraid to humanize everyone by showing the people left behind after a character dies, even if said character committed some pretty despicable acts. Makes it tough to pick a side sometimes.

One Piece Spoilers
Been a long time since i did this but for the fun of it .
Chapter 713: "Usoland".
- A marine told Fujitora the guy with Law was Caesar Clown.
- Fujitora said that Caesar Clown can be remitted if he is the subordinate of the Shichibukai.
- Dolfamingo said that Fujitora joined the Marines through worldwide conscription and be considered as powerful guy, the same as Green Bull.
- Then Fujitora told Law that he is "black" if he allied with Strawhat or "white" if Strawhat is just his subordinate.
- "We are allied!" Law answered.
"Now I revoke your title." Fujitora said and then released ability.
- Meteorite fall from the skys. Law and Dolfamingo shocked. Then they used their own ability to cut and block.
- In Dressrosa Sanji called Franky and surprised at Lucy. Violet told Sanji the factory is located in the "Toy House".
- Back to Tontatta Kingdom. Usopp claimed his name is Usoland. Then Usopp and Robin found that there was a statue of Montblanc Noland.
- Leo told them Noland is their legendary hero.
- "Now we have legendary hero Usoland."
"Please lead us to annihilate Donquixote Family." Dwarves said.
"Uh?" Usopp smiled but there was sweat and snot on his face.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece Spoilers
Been a long time since i did this but for the fun of it .
Chapter 713: "Usoland".
- A marine told Fujitora the guy with Law was Caesar Clown.
- Fujitora said that Caesar Clown can be remitted if he is the subordinate of the Shichibukai.
- Dolfamingo said that Fujitora joined the Marines through worldwide conscription and be considered as powerful guy, the same as Green Bull.
- Then Fujitora told Law that he is "black" if he allied with Strawhat or "white" if Strawhat is just his subordinate.
- "We are allied!" Law answered.
"Now I revoke your title." Fujitora said and then released ability.
- Meteorite fall from the skys. Law and Dolfamingo shocked. Then they used their own ability to cut and block.
- In Dressrosa Sanji called Franky and surprised at Lucy. Violet told Sanji the factory is located in the "Toy House".
- Back to Tontatta Kingdom. Usopp claimed his name is Usoland. Then Usopp and Robin found that there was a statue of Montblanc Noland.
- Leo told them Noland is their legendary hero.
- "Now we have legendary hero Usoland."
"Please lead us to annihilate Donquixote Family." Dwarves said.
"Uh?" Usopp smiled but there was sweat and snot on his face.

Oh my god is that legit? Are we actually going to see
Montblanc Noland
be important again! Which makes
Ussop's whole situatio
n that much funnier. Also
meteors
? Holy shit, shit is getting real again! I have some real hype for this chapter.

Super Interesting Darkness 33
So now it's time for the original heroine to advance (jokingly of course) the storyline.

Cooking Papa 13
Coffee liqueur, didn't know it was so easy to make.

Keikaku

Baby Steps 168
The entirety of the Kanto Junior arc has been really nice. I'm enjoying how well Maruo is doing right now and it doesn't really seem OP or anything. He's progressing fairly naturally.

Wiseblade

Baby Steps 168

Maruo's form is insane. But when he's already performed so well and has no pressure, it totally makes sense that he'd be able to put in a great performance.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Screaming Lessons 36

http://abload.de/img/3065940ugsod.png[img]

Now there's a face I'm glad to see. This was the first manga chapter I've read for about 2 months. The withdrawal symptoms were reaching terminal levels.

Aside from a mild mental malady and an ex-fish, no-one really suffered in this story. Which makes it below average for a Screaming Lessons chapter, but still better than a non Screaming Lessons chapter. Anyway, that's the last regular story in vol 9, so there's just the Special to go before the next volu--

[img]http://abload.de/img/7656975844hvsb7.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/OLkD3Vb.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Oh man, yomi got herself a husbando?

Antiwhippy

Binbougami ga! 71

Ya know, if things continue the way they are I'd have no reservations saying that this will be one of the most epic and satisfying shounen endings ever.

For people that reading Binbougami ga how far behind are the translations compare to the raws ?
I know the manga ending this month so wondering how long before the group finish translating it .

Articalys

For people that reading Binbougami ga how far behind are the translations compare to the raws ?
I know the manga ending this month so wondering how long before the group finish translating it .
Including final chapter, English translations have two left while Spanish translations have only the final chapter.

Including final chapter, English translations have two left while Spanish translations have only the final chapter.

English scans are 2 chapters behind.

Thanks for the update guys , will be able to start back reading it soon .
Just hope it don't have a bad \ crap ending .

Also waiting on the final chapter of needless but looking at the raw has me going WTF lol .
Along with the author trolling Yamada so bad last chapter .....

Antiwhippy

With how it's going I can't really see a bad/crap ending.

Dr frost 67

Goddamn Dr. Frost was a stone cold motherfucker.

Now onto season 2, which hopefully someone will translate unlike bambino. :(

Azure J

*tries to sneak back into one of his OG GAF families*

Hiatus X Hiatus

Hunter X Hunter

So after a few years of hearing people rave about this and deal with numerous extended hiatuses for more, I gave it a shot (mostly through the newer anime but transitioning to the manga soon after) and damn. I'm a believer.

Things of note:

- I am absolutely in love with the nen concept. Universal powers with differences in application and theory that aren't limited to the main character(s) alone? Real consequences and gravity to learning them/misusing them? Creative fights as a result? Yes please.

- This series does tension in the most engrossing ways I swear. I just finished the York Shin Arc and goddamn, every moment involving the Phantom Troupe was just masterful.

- Character relationships. Gon & Killua are the bestest of bros man.

Gonna start reading from the Greed Island beginning now as that's where I left off watching the series otherwise.

Akame Ga Kill 38

As much as I like the general "got away safely" thing because Night Raid is a great group, something isn't right here. They're winning too many fights now between Tatsumi dropping a building on an assassin that's Jaeger tier and Mein now winning against Justice chick. I have a feeling a massive purge is about to go down and I'm terrified. :lol

dumbyugi

To Love-ru Darkness 33

Good to see that Lala is finally going to get a chapter. I hope it explains why Rito and Lala haven't actually done anything together since the end of the first series.

Hiatus X Hiatus

Hunter X Hunter

So after a few years of hearing people rave about this and deal with numerous extended hiatuses for more, I gave it a shot (mostly through the newer anime but transitioning to the manga soon after) and damn. I'm a believer.

Things of note:

- I am absolutely in love with the nen concept. Universal powers with differences in application and theory that aren't limited to the main character(s) alone? Real consequences and gravity to learning them/misusing them? Creative fights as a result? Yes please.

- This series does tension in the most engrossing ways I swear. I just finished the York Shin Arc and goddamn, every moment involving the Phantom Troupe was just masterful.

- Character relationships. Gon & Killua are the bestest of bros man.

Gonna start reading from the Greed Island beginning now as that's where I left off watching the series otherwise.

I'd honestly say you should just stick with the anime. Togashi's scribbles get REALLY bad at points and the current anime has perfectly fine art.

scy

Baby Steps 168 - This is setting itself up quite nicely for ... him to start losing in a few chapters. Oh god, please keep up this release pacing for this match :(

Akame ga KillDeath Flags 38 - So many people are going to die. Night Raid, Jaegers, whatever that other group was, etc. So many people are going to die.

RIP in peace
in pieces probably

wonzo

Banned
AKB49 127-129

Well, that certainly added a whole new meaning to "deep breathing". 2deep4me

Silver Spoon 79

I was thinking it was the eroge that caused the virus but it looks like I was wrong. lol

Seven Deadly Sins 35

Ban's totally gonna lose and it's gonna be for some really dumb asspull of a reason. :/

Binbougami ga! 71

i'm pretty much over this series now but that divinified bobby ownes

Antiwhippy

Hiatus X Hiatus

Hunter X Hunter

Things of note:

l

If you love this concept and haven't read jojo yet you should give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom