• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh yeah guys it was Green Bit thanks.
So if Green Bull is an Admiral...hmm Bull sounds powerful

How does it come OP spoilers are always so early compared to Naruto and Bleach but it will be released at last :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh yeah guys it was Green Bit thanks.
So if Green Bull is an Admiral...hmm Bull sounds powerful

How does it come OP spoilers are always so early compared to Naruto and Bleach but it will be released at last :(

Spoilers usually come from 2ch, a Japanese forum. Considering One Piece's popularity in Japan, it makes sense for its spoilers to leak first.
Naruto and Bleach are released first because they're more popular to Western audiences.

Spoilers usually come from 2ch, a Japanese forum. Considering One Piece's popularity in Japan, it makes sense for its spoilers to leak first.
Naruto and Bleach are released first because they're more popular to Western audiences.

At one point in time we used to get OP chapters first (during the war if i remember right ) but that was years ago.
Also it much easier to translate a Naruto and Bleach chapters compare OP which sometimes have huge amounts of text .
They take so long and translation still fucking sucks .

Dynedom

Akame ga Kiru 38

Am I a monster for not caring one bit that Seryu bit it? I mean she killed best girl (
Schere
)

Seven Deadly Sins 35

Meliodas will win by some insane measure and we will be left with more questions as to how bottomless his power really is.

Karate Minoru 213

Minami better not lose. :(

292_02.jpg

What am i looking at?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah... I don't know if that's enough to say "GODA" though.

"GODA" is just a joke that people here have.

Personally I like this call back because it means I can continue to punch anyone that says "Skip Skypiea".

Oda, always proving that he's so damn awesome at sprinkling little details that become bigger plot points.

Loved hearing Murata whistle.

Assassination Classroom 48
This manga needs more Karma, he's just so badass

Aizo

Banned
Ressentiment
The author of I Am a Hero and Boys on the Run, Hanazawa Kengo's first manga series Ressentiment, is a very unique piece. The title is derived from a French word, but in English means "deep-seated resentment, frustration, and hostility accompanied by a sense of being powerless to express these feelings directly." This is quite suiting. The series follows a man about 30 years old named Sakamoto Takuro who lives a pretty awful life. He works full time in a printing factory, lives with his parents, he's fat and bald, and on top of this, he's single. A friend/coworker turns him on to this game called The Unreal which is a virtual reality world that combines the worlds of all the MMOs. It's there that he starts dating an AI program named Tsukiko who is far more special than he realizes.

The world that Hanazawa builds for the setting is endlessly intriguing. Not just one world of fantasy, but a town for simulation exists simultaneously. There are punks,high schools, modern buildings, brothels, fantasy creatures, and magic in one very unique land.

The protagonist is unusual for manga because he's, frankly, a piece of shit. His life sucks and so does his personality. Upon finally having a girlfriend in this virtual world, Takuro does not know how to treat her because he's completely incompetent with women. The story luckily involves a lot of development, but Takuro is an extremely flawed character and he is all the more interesting for it. The manga is all about escapism, but not in the usual manga-centric sense because the reader does not want to be like him. How much should a person get involved with a world of his own making? Is it right to ignore the problems of the world around you for the sake of progressing in greater but fake life?

If you're interested to see a more societal critique based take on the cliche story of a man entering a digital world to escape the hardships of his personal life, check it out. It shows the positives and a whole lot of negatives for escapism which is not common for a manga in this genre.

I read this manga in two days in between my social events, but I still feel pretty uncomfortable for getting so sucked into it. It makes you feel disgusted with the unreal world of Takuro's own creation, and now... I feel the insatiable urge to go outside. Thanks for reading.

upandaway

Ebi, like Takeru, doesn't want anyone finding out. When he gets too friendly at school she punches him so he won't do it again.
I'm fine there actually. The punches are the one thing about her behavior that I can link to some sort of logic and common sense.

That's pretty funny now that I think about it.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So what do you guys think of Oyasumi, Punpun? I read through to the current chapter a few weeks ago and it has to be one of the most surreal manga I've read in a long time.

exarkun

These Blue Exorcist side stories are pretty hilarious. Wish we would get back to the main story, but if this is all I get, I'm happy.

fireside

I'm fine there actually. The punches are the one thing about her behavior that I can link to some sort of logic and common sense.

That's pretty funny now that I think about it.

The rest of the chapter is fairly straightforward, so I'm not sure what you don't understand then.

IHaveIce

Banned
So what do you guys think of Oyasumi, Punpun? I read through to the current chapter a few weeks ago and it has to be one of the most surreal manga I've read in a long time.

Overrated boring manga that seems to go nowhere except to show us there are even worse Manga protagonists than the guy from Nisekoi.

Art of the backgrounds is fantastic, humans look like shit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I would say pun pun being a massive piece of shit is the entire point of the manga, unlike raku.

Also people really overstate how bad raku is. Though I haven't really been keeping up with nisekoi recently.

survivor

Banned
I would say pun pun being a massive piece of shit is the entire point of the manga, unlike raku.

Also people really overstate how bad raku is. Though I haven't really been keeping up with nisekoi recently.

Punpun isn't a piece of shit, he is just a misunderstood and lost soul.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Punpun isn't a piece of shit, he is just a misunderstood and lost soul.
Punpun 11 blah blah no one cares
Murder apologist? Typical gaf defense force for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom