• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Good thing it's not Wednesday on this side of the Pacific. Oh top of the page, here have this, courtesy of Akito.

Inari%2C%20Konkon%2C%20Koi%20Iroha.jpg
Hnnnnnnnnng Uka

The Nisekoi anime is being done by Shaft.
Should have seen this one coming

i5HWFIWPdnIOi.jpg

One Piece 713

So this guy either has gravity or meteor powers, and I'm guessing Doflamingo has either string powers that can be used to control people or kill them. I don't know why but I like Caesar because he's been pretty funny even though he did some bad stuff in the past. Also my favorite crew member Usopp finally has something huge he has to do, or "Usoland" as they call him.

It's gravity powers he pulled down a meteor from space that's how powerful he is.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Cooking master boy 24

Pretty enjoyable series so far. While it is pretty light on any element that isn't actually about the cooking, it's nice to see chinese food being the focus for once, and the cooking battles are pretty fun.

what am I looking at

I agree... Is it a Attack on Titan chapter special?
Also
Naruto:
Why does Madara not give a shit if Obito stole his chance to become the jinchuuriki?

Bleach: was ok
trying to hind Grimmjow but I know

One Piece: was Nice

Edit: Oh was answered no special :p

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece

Wow, those people posting old Skypiea pages last week with Norland telling a story about the land of the dwarves, I thought for sure that was just a reach, just a throw-away panel, and not actually referencing these dwarves. This chapter sure shut me up.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
But seriously Kishimoto is terrible at drawing action scenes. And I say this with Naruto being basically the 2nd manga I've read (FMA being the first). While Arakawa's fights are beautifully choreographed and flow well so you can clearly picture the action animated in your head, Kishi's fights are random indecipherable scribbles. Most of the time I'm scratching my head as to what happened

ryan13ts

Bleach:
So did Stern Ritter chick just fuck the poor fodder sap and then slice him in half? Talk about a Black Widow, at least she was nice enough to give him some before she off'ed him (Which is much more than what most fodder get in this series).

One Piece:
Damn, Fujitora is a monster. I thought his abilty had something to do with gravity at first, but it's looking more complex than that, what with a fucking meteor falling out of the sky. I'm still waiting for an official explanation of Doflamingo's fruit ability (Which I'm almost positive is the Ito Ito no mi), but I'm guessing that won't happen till the main bout between him and Luffy. I found Robin's comment of Usopp being a "bad person" hilarous, considering her ruthless neck snapping habits. And Usoland's face at the end = priceless.

Bleach:
So did Stern Ritter chick just fuck the poor fodder sap and then slice him in half? Talk about a Black Widow, at least she was nice enough to give him some before she off'ed him (Which is much more than what most fodder get in this series).

Yes she did. She was zipping her close back up.

Akito

One Piece
Usoland > Sogeking >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Usopp
Fujitora's power seems crazy, if he can pull a meteor from space with gravitation power, he might as well just completely crush his opponents with it. I wonder where he actually came from though if he is not a former marine, the same for Green Bull I guess.

Pimpwerx

Bleach
Good chapter. I like the explanation for why Juha appointed Ishida. Kubo gave me sufficient info that I can wait for the rest. I like that we're getting a glimpse into quincy society, though I don't know if I like the number of characters being introduced. I felt like the Espada were too many, and that the first few killed were forgettable with no development. It feels like there are over twice as many quincies. Hopefully Kubo can keep mixing in stuff from soul society and hueco mundo each chapter. I think the pacing has felt good this arc because of it.

Naruto
Oh snap! Didn't see that coming, really. Obito had kinda been getting his ass kicked this whole time, and I figured this was just the final scene for him. I'm rather surprised and pleased that it worked for him instead of Madara. Madara would've been completely broken, but Obito as jinchuuriki is beatable. Shit just got all kinds of real.

I also like that the 4th used the flying thunder god seal, but I'm surprised he didn't use it from the moment he entered the battlefield. I guess no more surprised than Sasuke forgetting he can use amaterasu this entire war. He could still burn the human side of Obito, or the juubi. Hell, none of the sharingan users have used it. It just proves how broken it is that Kishi has refused to use it this war, when he was spamming it to make Sasuke unbeatable.

One Piece
Fujitora is a boss. A goddamn meteor...lol. Of course, Oda went a bit far with having them standing on those pillars, but still a badass scene. Can we finally get a name for Doflamingo's DF now? I want to hear what Fujitora's is too, but I assume it's gravity. Sanji and Franky's exchange was funny. I don't expect Violet to join the crew, though. Oh yeah, LMAO @ Usoppface. That's classic right there.

Great week for the Big3 IMO. All great chapters. PEACE.

scy

Bleach 544 - I'll be honest, I have a soft spot for the wacky but useless female members that keep popping up in Bleach. Granted, they'll all probably die. Or at least as close to a Bleach death that they can get.

Naruto 637 - Good to see Obito hasn't gotten TnJ'd away yet.

One Piece 713 - USOLAND

Bleach:

Pretty sure she was just teasing him, no actual fucking involved.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I also like that the 4th used the flying thunder god seal, but I'm surprised he didn't use it from the moment he entered the battlefield. I guess no more surprised than Sasuke forgetting he can use amaterasu this entire war. He could still burn the human side of Obito, or the juubi. Hell, none of the sharingan users have used it. It just proves how broken it is that Kishi has refused to use it this war, when he was spamming it to make Sasuke unbeatable.

It looked like there was a point where the fourth probed out the scene, and then realized that his mark was on "whoever that guy was." Only after teleporting to it and cutting him down did he realize he was Obito. He couldn't really use that technique right away just because Obito wasn't even on the battlefield when Minato first showed up. Then he appears, and he's got that mark on him, and zap.

As for amaterasu, he just finished using it on the Juubi, remember? It was all over his susanoo arrow. The Juubi just removed the chunk of burning flesh from itself.

Pretty sure she was just teasing him, no actual fucking involved.

Yeah, this. He was standing there shirtless and she was unzipped, then chop.

Pimpwerx

It looked like there was a point where the fourth probed out the scene, and then realized that his mark was on "whoever that guy was." Only after teleporting to it and cutting him down did he realize he was Obito. He couldn't really use that technique right away just because Obito wasn't even on the battlefield when Minato first showed up. Then he appears, and he's got that mark on him, and zap.

As for amaterasu, he just finished using it on the Juubi, remember? It was all over his susanoo arrow. The Juubi just removed the chunk of burning flesh from itself.

Didn't realize Obito wasn't on the battlefield when Minato appeared. Thanks for that clarification.

As for the amaterasu, it's a move that can burn whatever he sets his eye on. The point is he didn't need to use Susanoo's arrow, because when Kishi was going through his Sasuke love affair, he let him burn any and everything with that stupid amaterasu, and without using Susanoo. The move has been completely broken from the start, and Kishi has just conveniently ignored that feature in order to keep Uchihas from being completely untouchable in this war. He put no such limits on the hax when he was building Sasuke into superman. PEACE.

PK Gaming

Wow. So unlike last week, the 3 shonen chapters were great.

Naruto: Oh man, talk about complete reversal in quality here. I was afraid of Obito getting TnJed by someone, and exiting to soon but the bastard refuses to go down. I'm so glad he managed to pull a one up on Madara (aka, a joke of a villain).

One Piece: Now this is One Piece at its peak. Several intense plot points converging into one direction, and soon we'll reach the climax.

Bleach: Lol I lied Bleach was still shit, but that's par for the course. Geez, if Kubo were a better, he'd be able to condense chapter 543 and 544 into a single chapter. At the least the ending was somewhat interesting.

Kreed

One Piece 713:

Good chapter this week (thanks to those who posted old pages from older chapters referencing events in this chapter). I'm glad Oda is cleaning up a lot of the plot threads and getting Sanji and co all back together/headed towards the toy factory. I really want to see how Nami/Brooke/Chopper are doing, so hopefully we get that next week. Also glad we got an update on Luffy through a TV screen update, vs wasting any pages this week.

Hopefully Oda can keep this up/keep increasing the excitement and things won't end up like Fishman Island.

Village

Naruto was quite hype actually, 9tails dad and all that .

Bleach was interesting, dude likes creating crazy ladies. weren't qunices supposed to be this force for good or something, at first i though they got killed off because how they offed hollows was a conflict of interest. Now it just seems like they were ass holes.

Kusagari

Naruto

I'm glad Obito isn't going away quietly and didn't get TnJ'd by seeing Minato.

Bleach

Kubo just can't help himself in introducing these quirky girl squads as enemies can he? I liked Haschwald's explanation of what Bach is doing.

One Piece

Fujitora is a fucking boss. And Ussop's face was classic.

Bleach was interesting, dude likes creating crazy ladies. weren't qunices supposed to be this force for good or something, at first i though they got killed off because how they offed hollows was a conflict of interest. Now it just seems like they were ass holes.

I have never been sympathetic towards quincies. They are by far the most evil group. They totally destroy the soul, so there´s no recycling of the soul, which is the most evil thing to do in the Bleachverse.

Naruto 637

Obito refuses to go down just yet and makes himself the jinchuuriki.

Good. Now just don't screw it up by being TnJ later.

Bleach 544

Glad to know that Orihime and Chad are actually trying to do something rather than wait on the sidelines.

And Kubo needs to stop the teasing and show Grimmjow's face already.

One Piece 713

Usopp makes the best expressions.

Law refusing to deny his alliance with the Straw Hats was awesome and him slicing the meteor in half was utterly badass.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: C+

This was an aiight chapter. I don't mind this at all. Uryu showing up is always interesting to me. I love that Bach is already playing the young man.

Sternritters PZT; yall could get it tho.

Anyway, I wonder what the fuck Urahara is up to. "Just to be on the safe side, I'm gonna have this guy go with you. He's got a camera attached." Classic Kisuke. Asshole. I will say that Hime + Sado + Kisuke + Grimmjow(?) is an interesting group.

Baruto: I don't really know

I really don't :(

Cwarrior

Bleach

We already have a quirky girl squad no one asked for another kubo and these ones are already worse then all the others.

The prospect of ishida having potential and closing the gap in power with ichigo is funny one.

Naruto

Hard to make out what was going on and translation was poor but am happy obito was more then just another of madara pawns.

Good chapter I liked what happened with obito and am glad he isn't going out like a chump(being beat by kakashi of all people is embarrassing),

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

Damn it Kubo, did we really need more characters? I have a hard enough time remembering the names of all the ones you currently have.

Naruto

That was pretty badass, Minato's preptime puts everyone else to shame.

One Piece

USOLAND! That Admiral is nuts. Robin calling Usopp a horrible person was great. Also that Usopp face!

SoilBreak

Banned
Assassination Classroom (Cover & Lead Color Page, First Year Anniversary)
One Piece
Toriko
Shokugeki no Souma
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Nisekoi (Center Color)
Kuroko no Basket
Naruto
Sket Dance(Center Color, END)
Beelzebub
Smoky B.B.
World Trigger
Haikyuu!!
Soul Catcher(S)
Gintama
Kochikame
Bleach
Mutou Black - First Rank
Koisuru Edison
Cross Manage

Mutou Black :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Save us from these shitty shounen, Goddess Arakawa.

NOBLESSE OBLIGE THE QUEEN HAS COME

Hystzen

Bleach

In the good translation version there is someone else above Chad´s left shoulder. I hope it´s Ryuuken.

Grimmjow

But the others that have arrived could be the whole Urahara gang with Tessai, Yoruchi (show me time skip Yoruchi), Ryuuken and Issin

heck could throw a curveball with having ichigos classmates.

one interesting thing in good translation Haschwald talk about Uryuu being on a leash being devout "even when finds out his majesty true intention". Wonder what the true reason is apart from crush the SS could be SK related but it something been bothering me about the Quincy they have no endgame. At moment they backing up the reason Quincy where killed in first place due to messing up the balance, they showing up killing thousands fucking up the balance makes the Shinigami correct in killing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom