• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Good thing it's not Wednesday on this side of the Pacific. Oh top of the page, here have this, courtesy of Akito.

Inari%2C%20Konkon%2C%20Koi%20Iroha.jpg

Asano should just do what Osamu Tezuka did. Create a list of characters and reuse them in different stories like directors do with their favorite actors.

I mean, just read this shit.

One of the unique elements of Tezuka's work is his use of recurring cast members, characters who appear over and over in different series, with different names and different backgrounds but the same general personality and drives. For example, no matter which story he appears in, a character like Acetylene Lamp will almost always be a villain, often with Hamegg acting as his henchman or crony. By the same token, Shunsaku Ban (a.k.a. Higeoyaji) might play a wide variety of plucky middle-aged man roles.

Tezuka referred to this as his 'Star System'. The characters were like movie stars in a studio, and he a director reusing the same actors again and again after finding he liked their performances. Tezuka even jokingly made a list of how much they were paid and based them on famous western actors of the time.

Here's a link on how much each character is worth: http://tezukainenglish.com/bm/characters/

tezukastars.s600x600.jpg

Cwarrior

Asano should just do what Osamu Tezuka did. Create a list of characters and reuse them in different stories like directors do with their favorite actors.

I mean, just read this shit.

Here's a link on how much each character is worth: http://tezukainenglish.com/bm/characters/

tezukastars.s600x600.jpg

That's a decent idea but Tezuka has a lot more variety then Asano, he needs to be lot more imaginative and have a lot more variety before he can think of getting away with that, personally I don't particularly like this practices being (over) used unless there the same characters who just happen to be in the same universe or crossing worlds over.

I still give Asano major props for making his art style look unique to himself and different to all the samey crap that being churned out there, I just wish he was more creative/imaginative with his character art with in his own work.

tumblr_lozbcpTuio1qkqdjqo1_500.png

Found this awesome Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpeg, acetylene lamp looks awesome.

Foolworm

Balancing Toy 1

Manga is about a young widower and his 15 year old step-daughter. I really like the art and atmosphere so far, but I keep getting the sneaking suspicion that this will go to an usagi drop route and it's kinda skeeving me out.

I'll keep reading it though and hope that it's not going that route. Just kinda fun and fluffy so far.

Feels like a cross between Jinbei and Usagi drop, yeah. At looks like a cross between Solanin and Bus Hashiru, make of that what you will.

Naruto spoilers

Obito recognizes Minato, Minato asks Obito
Naruto and Sasuke spot Obito and say something
Obito does Rinne Tensei, Madara comes back alive
Orochimaru does forbidden technique and takes over Obito
The Five kages arrive, Kakashi comes out of Other Dimenssion
Juubi undergoes final transformation !

Sounds great actually, especially the bolded part.

Erigu

Naruto spoilers

Based on what I've read on 2ch, I don't believe those spoilers are accurate.

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto spoilers

Edit:nvm

Erigu

[Naruto]
Madara say Obito and get back what now calls I've Tenazuke for you to revive me.
To instruction as to stop the art of guy Naruto about pillar between the notice to Obito on ten tail. Sasuke will toward the destination

"Now I get it ... or so" Minato
First to kagebunshin tree &#36929;&#20998; body, and the second generation. Minato also trigger the art something.
Issued an alter ego in order to mount the attack directly to the Madara between columns.
Obitosasuke to go far-gone moment to turn off the Aoda go to near the Obito. To attack with Susanoo also wither ashamed a black pole
Obito that recalls the memories of Minato in the sense of Fading
Notice and Obito after cut off Minatoobito flying through the air to Obito in the art of instantaneous body. Fourth generation was fly by marking it if it were given to Tsu before war comes with the body of Obito.

Obito "Say, Seng ..."
Minato "what was Obito ... you ..."

Madara "is ... a failure, ..."
Minato you did not stay to tell that the marking of the lightning protection of God will not fade and never. And it will also be said you're hoping to Hokage If you were alive.

Obito had signed a mark should be the pillar of strength ten tail.
Obito will come back to life caught ten tail Minato Naruto Madara.
The translation is horrid, but I believe those are the actual spoilers.
Basically,
Minato stops (kills?) Obito, but Obito comes back to life, apparently by becoming the host of the Ten-Tails.

wonzo

Banned
Hishintan -Vita Arcana- 1-4 END?

It's 217 AD, several decades after the end of the "Pax Romana," and the Roman Empire is still the most powerful empire in the world. However, between corruption in the government, increasing attacks from savage hordes, and continuing resource-draining foreign campaigns, the power of Rome is on the decline. With the recent assassination of the emperor Caracalla, many things are about to change...

The setting is great, the characters are incredibly interesting, the political back-and-forth between the various regions and their respective rulers of the Roman Empire is incredibly engrossing, and the art is hands down some of the best I've ever seen out of a manga series. I'm really glad I read this and I hope it hasn't been cancelled/put-on-hiatus as this definitely deserves a proper conclusion.

Naruto
Holy fuck.

I did not see that coming.

Indeed, it was quite a nice twist.
Last week, it seemed almost certain that Madara would take over Obito's body. But it looks like Obito was able pull a Sasuke on Madara thanks to the Fourth's interference. Or perhaps it's better to say that Obito is turning into his Final Boss form.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I really can't make heads or tails of Kishi's art. 75% of the panels in Naruto I have no idea wtf is going on. It's frustrating

Naruto

Obito used Izanagi to alter reality and take over Juubi. It´s the only explanation of how Obito could take over the Juubi after all of his injuries, Madara´s mind control, and Zetsu coming out of half of him. Not to mention Minato´s slashing him.

It's revealed that one of the Sage of the Six path's two sons was Aizen.

The other being Urahara

Bleach and Naruto take place in the same universe in different time periods.

The Juubi started an apocalypse which destroyed the modern world which is why Naruto seems so primitive and yet has things like computers in random places.

Phahahaha Naruto never change.

Really liked the chapter for once. Minato was so boss just killing (genjutsu/Izanagi?) Obito like that. Why is Kakashi not back in all that time? Sasuke actually caring about the snake summon was a shocker honestly.

Anyways nice reversal on Madara with the fusion of Obito with Juubi to make the Jinchuuriki. But isn't half of Obito Madara anyways so he gets to be the Juubi Jinchuuriki in the end? lol

BTW how often can the 10 tails transform? At this rate it will beat Frieza for most transformations lol.

So much confusion, keep on driving this train Kishimoto. You already wreaked the character progression train cart. Lets see if the entire train will derail before the end.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Phahahaha Naruto never change.

Really liked the chapter for once. Minato was so boss just killing (genjutsu/Izanagi?) Obito like that. Why is Kakashi not back in all that time? Sasuke actually caring about the snake summon was a shocker honestly.

Anyways nice reversal on Madara with the fusion of Obito with Juubi to make the Jinchuuriki. But isn't half of Obito Madara anyways so he gets to be the Juubi Jinchuuriki in the end? lol

BTW how often can the 10 tails transform? At this rate it will beat Frieza for most transformations lol.

So much confusion, keep on driving this train Kishimoto. You already wreaked the character progression train cart. Lets see if the entire train will derail before the end.

TenTen becomes hokage.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Balancing Toy 2

Ah. Eh. Uh. Um. Hm.

Ah whatever, I'll read it and see how it goes.

Chie seems like an interesting addition if this isn't just her sole appearance. So is her son. Romantic drama!

IHaveIce

Banned
one piece
Damn this is getting really good, but why don't we see luffy fighting.

But the stuff with the fish and everything was really a good callback.

naruto

What the fuck

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What's this about? Incest love?

I dig the art.

Well, it seems to be like the end of usagi drop where a child has a crush on a non-blood related gaurdian, but there's this mother/son combo that came in to break up that dynamic. I think. Maybe. Kinda cute and fluffy so far so I'm just seeing how it'll turn out so far.

Yeah I do like the art.

vareon

Was excited reading Bleach until I saw the Quirky Miniboss Squad in form of giggling girls again. Nobody cared about them in Hueco Mundo arc and nobody will, now.

Tobe

Baby Steps 166-168

HOLY SHIT MARUO!!!!!!! this is getting hyper than prince of tennis maybe cause of the realistic approach. man it would suck so much if maruo losses ugh.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well, it seems to be like the end of usagi drop where a child has a crush on a non-blood related gaurdian, but there's this mother/son combo that came in to break up that dynamic. I think. Maybe. Kinda cute and fluffy so far so I'm just seeing how it'll turn out so far.

Yeah I do like the art.

I am in the minority (it seems) in MangaGAF in that I actually really enjoyed Usagi Drop; the controversial ending moreso even!

Hmm, think I am gonna make this one something to watch for too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom