• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Somehow I keep forgetting that Kimi ni Todoke is one of the most popular shojou series out there and can move half a million per volume.

Soma

Horimiya 23

It's happening! It happened!

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

So late reading the manga on today, just cant stop watching the Free! ED

Naruto 637

That was fairly shocking, Madara ought to have become this holy omnipotent jinchuriki of the most powerful tails...Not the one whom I thought would become the Jinchuriki. It seems like Madara has once and yet again been the lone man taking on the world now that Obito has acted in this manner, Hashirama needs to do something and make amends to stop this.

Bleach 544

As more characters are introduced then the less likely it is that I would get to see an actually satisfying fight with Bazz B. The ones here look like theyll be tossed aside someone, or even just wiped out in some massive collection attack in the future, I bet (Yhwach may have Uryu kill them or he himself).

I hope that character in the shadows is you know who.

Horimiya 23
In 23 chapters, they progressed more than most rom-coms also the dad is too awesome and I love his relationship with Kyoko. Oh shit, wonder how Ishikawa's gonna react.

Usoland

Let's see, what are Usopp's goals? Brave warrior of the sea? Thousands of followers? Idolizes giants?

1. Dwarves want him to lead them in battle
2. Dwarves want him to lead them in battle
3. Dwarves want him to lead them in battle

Hilarious that everything he lied about when cheering up Kaya is coming true LOLOLOLOL

Bleach

Damn dude got the tease/ride of death LOL and another girl squad. Hopefully it will be Ishida who calms them down and not Ichigo :p

And Ryuuken continues to be completely off the radar for some fucking reason.

Ghost Nazi number 2 continues to be a interesting character since he knows what the fuck is going on while everyone else are running around like fucking headless chickens.

PLEASE KUBO PLEASE let Orhime and Chad BE FUCKING USEFUL THIS TIME AROUND.

One Piece

Dat Meteor

Dat epic threeway standoff

Dat epic lie

Sanji with his first official fan

shit is getting more real and this should be fun.

One Piece 713

Way too much stuff going on but many of the plots are interesting even if their quality is sacrificed for others. The metoer impact one was one of the most mindblowing attack moments since Marineford to be honest, impressed by Oda doing that. Those are the type of Devil Fruit powers we should have constantly in the world of One Piece.

Sanjis with the lady is good too, while Ussop and the dwarves is just pretty boring and feels like a cheap way of just getting them to the battlefield.

Pokemon Adventures Vol.17

WEWsV79l.jpg

I do like the whole two evil teams that R/S had. Makes it pretty interesting since every new place has someone for Ruby and Sapphire to deal with.

Norman also fails at communication as a father. ~_~

Eyeshield 21 51-53

It feels like Shin and Agon should have swapped roles, you can't really have an antagonist running back when Sena will never face off against him. Also the movie was hilarious can't wait to see the game against the Americans.

Am I the only one who's been having trouble actually following what's going on in Naruto recently? Not necessarily the story progress but the actual art in the battles. I seriously can't tell what's actually going on half the time

Shaman King 27-30

Putting Amidamaru's soul into the sword makes a lot of sense, can't wait to see the result of Yoh's new powerful attack. Also Anna's speech about why she loves Yoh for being laid back and care free felt pretty genuine she continues to grow on me.

Gradivus

Am I the only one who's been having trouble actually following what's going on in Naruto recently? Not necessarily the story progress but the actual art in the battles. I seriously can't tell what's actually going on half the time

I see this complain on a few boards I hang around, so you're not the only one.

Re Bleach and status of war

Whoa reading the Stream version, yeah Bambi really did do it with the guy. Fixed her panties and bra and everything o_O!

So we have 26 Star Knights +1 since Uryu is now A as well.

There are about 10 or less captains in SS right now and 11-12 lieutenants.

1st Division: Kyoraku + Nanao* *Yamamoto and Chojiro both died to the Quincy T_T
2nd Division: Sui-Feng + Omaeda
3rd Division: Rose + _____* *Kira died in battle from the looks of things
4th Division: ______ + Isane* *Unohana might be dead?
5th Division: Shinji + Momo
6th Division: ______+ Renji* *Byakuya is half dead right now without Bankai
7th Division: Sajin + Iba
8th Division: _____ + _______ *Replaced 1st division Captain and Lieutenants
9th Division: Kensei + Shuhei
10th Divison: Hitsugaya + Rangiku
11th Division: Kenpachi + Yachiru
12th Division: Mayuri + Nemu
13th Division: Ukitake + Rukia

Its not looking good for SS since they have about 21-22 vs 27 high level enemies.

Then you have to factor lower ranked fighters in mooks and fodder and then Captains and Lieutenants that can't fight such as Ukitake with his disease and Isane who is a medic along with Yachiru who is a child.

However SS does have other allies in the form of Vizards, Ichigo's gang, the arrancar who wants HM back and some Urahara's gang.

This war is going to be epic I think. I almost forgot that Quilge is dead (The letter J if you guys forgot) but he is likely to be replaced along with the other Star Knights that died. The Star Knights are more on the Captains level though which makes the Lieutenants not as important.

One Piece

A METEOR GODA! WTF that was amazing! I love it when One Piece is like this. Good of Oda to not focus on the tournament and skip Luffy dominating his group.

Ussop's face would be the best part of the chapter if not for that Meteor.

Also lol at Don's reaction, I think Issho wanted to kill Don with Law. Looking forward to next week.

JJBA Phantom Blood 26-28

My biggest issue with the ripple is how inconsistent it seems to be, one moment JoJo and Zeppeli are getting beaten the next they're beating things up and they don't seem to do anything different. It's enjoyable but frustrating

No Yotsuba or Rave Master tonight, I've got an awful head ache and feel like throwing up :[

Miwaku Shikake - Amai Wana 1
tumblr_mpe2suG6x01qbxqfpo1_500.png

First time reading a story with such a concept, though assuming Hacchi does partake in the crossdressing activities at the bar...though it was somewhat interesting and I wonder where it will go. Poor Amami, though he needs to be more understanding and less homophobic and judging
then again he seemed to have had a raping incident in the childhood days with that bi person? maybe it will be cleared up though
. Guess Ill see how the story goes, lots of good moments otherwise memorable ending panel and run in in that district.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko

Good lord, this is almost Fist of the North Star brutal. I thought Jump forbade this level of violence? Can the anime even cover this?

That guy from the Four Beast arc is back, and it looks like he managed to recruit Teppei.

Shaman King 27-30

Putting Amidamaru's soul into the sword makes a lot of sense, can't wait to see the result of Yoh's new powerful attack. Also Anna's speech about why she loves Yoh for being laid back and care free felt pretty genuine she continues to grow on me.

told you she is cool

JJBA Phantom Blood 26-28

My biggest issue with the ripple is how inconsistent it seems to be, one moment JoJo and Zeppeli are getting beaten the next they're beating things up and they don't seem to do anything different. It's enjoyable but frustrating

No Yotsuba or Rave Master tonight, I've got an awful head ache and feel like throwing up :[

Read Yotsuba and see if it cures your ailment :p

Seriously though get better

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
JJBA Phantom Blood 26-28

Battle Tendency does way more interesting stuff with the ripple concept.

Also good luck with your headache. Sounds terrible.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

One Piece

A METEOR GODA! WTF that was amazing! I love it when One Piece is like this. Good of Oda to not focus on the tournament and skip Luffy dominating his group.

Ussop's face would be the best part of the chapter if not for that Meteor.

Also lol at Don's reaction, I think Issho wanted to kill Don with Law. Looking forward to next week.

I don't think Oda will completely skip Luffy's part of the tournament. Just the part where the fat is trimmed and we get down to the final few competitors. We got a taste of Don Chinjao's power earlier, so he won't be taken down so easily.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
JJBA Phantom Blood 26-28

Go read some Yotsuba, you'll feel better.

survivor

Banned
French manga sales

One Piece sold 1.9 million copies in 2012 and 826k in 2013 so far.
Fairy Tail sold 856k
Naruto sold 829k

I believe the Naruto and Fairy tail numbers are for 2013. I'm not sure if I missed anything else from the article, maybe kurita can help.

edit: I forgot to mention, it also says the entire market is around 14 millions copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom