• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Nisekoi 81

What the fuck that was so dumb. I feel like we're gonna reach KNIM levels of stupidity soon.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dunno man, I remembered liking the school festival because some of the fights were pretty good.

The festival was fine when it focused on the tournament and the final part with the invasion. It was pretty creative how they handled the invasion.

Beelzebub

Furuichi continues to be god tier, even being turned into the nothing but a soul and then eaten can't keep him down.

Needless end

Cruz stays a girl, Blade and Eve fuse, and being naked becomes a fashion style for young women everywhere!

Yep, that's about what I expected for this series.

Needless

Needless end

Cruz stays a girl, Blade and Eve fuse, and being naked becomes a fashion style for young women everywhere!

Yep, that's about what I expected for this series.

GODDAMMIT WHY DID I READ THIS POST :( :( :(

Since the damage is done i'm honestly ok with the bold since I've always said that it strangely fits that character.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The festival was fine when it focused on the tournament and the final part with the invasion. It was pretty creative how they handled the invasion.

Yeah, I've been rereading up to the end of the festival now, and it's amazing how fast you can read if you just skip all the harem stuff.

Though I have a soft spot for nodoka and negi scenes.

The fights were as good as I remember them to be though. Goddamn takamichi is a beast.

upandaway

Soredemo 36

eh3tKIh.png

Was the Gamecube known for its boxing games? What a weird choice.

In light with this new season anime, i was trying to start a new series. I started checking out Conflict Brothers, but the conflict was between brothers was about who will get the sister or that what i assumed after watching the damn intro dialog. I really fucking hope that Japan get over this fucking incest fetish really soon.

I dropped Soul Eater after volume 6 and Fairy Tail around volume 11 or 12, yet I bought the Soul Eater Soul Art and Fantasia artbooks. Why am I such a bad person?
Nobody that supports the mangaka can be a bad person.

Im interested to see what Ken has planned. Hopefully he can subdue the Kodansha editors.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I've been rereading up to the end of the festival now, and it's amazing how fast you can read if you just skip all the harem stuff.

Though I have a soft spot for nodoka and negi scenes.

The fights were as good as I remember them to be though. Goddamn takamichi is a beast.

He really needs to do a battle manga with no harem shit, we all know he can do it. I'd read the shit out of that.

Rakan is the best though.

Kusagari

Toriko 240

I'm glad the fight is finally over. Now to see what Teppei is up to.

Beelzebub 211

I kind of wish Toujou hadn't gotten the seal and had just remained normal.

And lol at Furuichi still being the straight man with no soul.

In light with this new season anime, i was trying to start a new series. I started checking out Brother's Conflict, but the conflict was between brothers who will get the sister or that what i assumed after watching the damn intro dialog. I really fucking hope that Japan get over this fucking incest fetish really soon.

What, how can one dislike Brother's Conflict, it even has such a great moment in the first episode.
tumblr_mpeyk1t2rW1qau345o1_250.gif
tumblr_mpeyk1t2rW1qau345o4_250.gif

Akito

Nisekoi 81
So what happened to Chitoge afterwards?
Already laying out the direction for the anime I see, Shaft will improve on that.

Mupod

Dorohedoro 117
OH GOD, HE'S BACK. I'm sad that it's ending soon but I gotta admit it's dragged on a bit too long. I love all the characters so much that I want a happy ending but I'm not sure it's likely at this point.

Starting today Weekly Shonen Jump will be available in UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand & South Africa via AnimeExpo

North American manga publisher Viz Media announced at Anime Expo on Thursday that it is expanding its availability for its Weekly Shonen Jump digital magazine. The digital magazine is available now for readers in the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. Readers must subscribe to the magazine through Apple's Newsstand app. Subscribers outside of the United States and Canada will not be able to access back issues, and will not be able to receive the physical Yu-Gi-Oh! card bonuses, but will have access to all other digital bonuses.

A Town Where There are +200 Chapters and I can't Get Past the First One
I stopped around the part when the girl asks the MC if he likes the short haired girl.

It reminds me of Good Ending but I at least got to the part where Tohru was introduced before dropping it. I think I'm putting up Nisekoi because I want to see what the hell is in that damn pendant...which is probably some kiddy drawing of Chitoge and Raku with marriage umbrella thing

bigkrev

Nisekoi

If we just accept the fact that this will be Ippo length, and nothing will ever happen as far as plot progression, would we feel better?

Smokey BB 3
BOXKlG4CUAAS5lY.png

Good third chapter, I think its started to come together somewhat well and be entertaining. The other guy on the team who is making the random comments and might be a rival is compelling and keeps me hooked for next. Hayata and Enjirou make make a good combination. I wonder if Hayata will get his own arc on being a catcher or leveling up his skills.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
MiXiM ch. 1 - 77

Done by the dude who did Flame of Recca and MAR, so I came into this expecting crazy powers and tournament like fighting and wasn't disappointed. Started off hella slow then kicked into the shonen I wanted.

Story isn't anything to talk about but really this guy has never been strong with his story, he just has his characters go from fight to fight with some nakedness thrown in here and there.

I do have to say the reveal of who the prince was ended up being so anti-climatic all I could do was laugh.

Still lots more to read though.

Stinky

Starting today Weekly Shonen Jump will be available in UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand & South Africa via AnimeExpo

YESSS!!

EDIT: apple only, fuck this shit. God dammit. I have an ipod touch but I'd much prefer reading on my (android) tablet.

EDIT2: "Update 2: Weekly Shonen Jump will be available in those five new English-speaking regions on Android "soon.""

Suh-weet. Don't know exactly how much I'm going to benefit from this but I'd love to try out a subscription.

Stinky

Doesn't the American one have a browser version as well? Why don't we get one?

Its gimped by the fact that back-issues are unavailable as well.

I guess its licensing problems, again.

survivor

Banned
i41QJCVzrgRMM.png

(Sasaki is responsible for international manga rights for Shueisha and used to be editor in chief for WSJ)

Why can't American manga fans appreciate a manga for its writing? You guys and your obsession for pretty graphics is killing this industry.

i41QJCVzrgRMM.png

(Sasaki is responsible for international manga rights for Shueisha and used to be editor in chief for WSJ)

Why can't American manga fans appreciate a manga for its writing? You guys and your obsession for pretty graphics is killing this industry.

I dont know. Id personally take pretty art and characters over JRR Tolkien like literary masterpieces in manga.

LeleSocho

Banned
i41QJCVzrgRMM.png

Just like videogames... give them pretty graphics and they'll accept even stuff like big rigs

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i41QJCVzrgRMM.png

Sounds about right.
Though Attack on Titan is gaining momentum here and the artwork is kind of sketchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom