• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Self 01-04

UYUkKqNl.jpg

I'll just leave the plot summary here:

It's too bad more chapters aren't getting translated. :[

But I gotta say this is very interesting.

So basically a manga adaptation of this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNH5EUw7gxk

Antiwhippy

Jigokuren

Obviously rushed, but that was a sweet ending nevertheless.

Premise had potential too. Though the gore gets a bit much.

Articalys

Yeah, Mashima's "good news" that got delayed from July 4 to today does indeed seem to be an announcement for more Fairy Tail anime. Makes sense since the current arc just finished up, too.

wonzo

Banned
Ani Tsura
Kazuki Hasegawa started drifting apart from his younger brother Kazuomi after he started getting interested in anime, specifically a certain magical girl anime he's particularly obsessed with. Kazuomi has been doing bad on his tests, so Kazuki agrees to dress up as Kazumi from the magical girl anime so that he'll put more effort into studying.

An incredibly heartwarming tale on the unbreakable bond between two brothers.

That would be a hell of a thing, more likely is he helps them out and is killed or just allies with them like Law and Jinbei.

Ehh Bellamy is too weak to join imo. Doesn't have other uses like Nami and Ussop to make for his weakness.

Would rather Rebecca or Momo's dad join.

Antiwhippy

Ani tsura

This is indeed a touching tale of how brothers can inspire each other to do their best, and it depicts why the role of a big brother can be important.

dumbyugi

I find Are You Alice? pretty good. What do you find so bad about it.

Nothing in particular, I just didn't really care for what I read of it. In that lot of manga Haruhi-chan and Kyon & Koizumi are probably worse but I'm incredibly fond of the Haruhi franchise so I enjoy reading them anyway.

Blood Lad v6 (through chp 30)

Vampire Hunters look cool but the wait to see what they do shall be brutal. And I think this was yet another manga with a near reference to uncharted on ps3...didn't realize JPN liked it so much for it to be in at least two manga I've encountered.

I guess they could animate up to hear in 10eps...I just want to see Braz's attacks animated.

dramatis

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 1

Wow everyone's saying it's boring but I ended up liking it a lot. While in some ways it is kind of heavy-handed, I think Arakawa did a good job translating the cultural setting and differences in an exciting manner and also in a way that the younger shounen audience can digest easily.

survivor

Banned
Monster Musume

Spider > Mermaid > Lamia > Centuar > fuck the rest

Wow everyone's saying it's boring but I ended up liking it a lot. While in some ways it is kind of heavy-handed, I think Arakawa did a good job translating the cultural setting and differences in an exciting manner and also in a way that the younger shounen audience can digest easily.
How much did Bessatsu Shonen Magazine pay you to write this positive review?

wonzo

Banned
Blood Lad 26-30

The mother thing was pretty obvious but I definitely wasn't expecting the (tragic) doppelganger twist. :(

Fortunately, Staz being wowed by the PS3 and the dumpling thing with the "God" figure was fucking hilarious and helped soften the blow of the more somber revelation. A shame that next to nothing can soften the 7+ month wait for Yen Press to publish the next lot. ;_;

Yuyushiki 1-2

Ahh, this is just as lovably dumb and witty as the anime was. I can almost hear their voices which really adds to just how silly it feels.

monster waifus 16

fukn centaur tittymonster trying to get in the way of the spidergirl domination

Blood Lad 26-30

shame that next to nothing can soften the 7+ month wait for Yen Press to publish the next lot. ;_;

Unless you happen to know Chinese

Fairy Tail 341
tumblr_mprzb1wW1L1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well it was expected that one of these chapters would be fanservicy, and Mashima did deliver in that regard with the usual...at least the GrayNatsu moments redeemed it with the passionate fighting. Hyped for the fourth saint, the next two chapters cant come fast enough.

I hope the anime airs, now that its sequel is announced, in the Spring of 2014, so that they can do at least two arcs.

Kurita

It was pretty cool, I like the setting and the characters so far and I'm convinced it'll be a pretty entertaining series.

Renai Boukun - 10

This hasn't been updated in so long I forgot almost everything about it. The chapters are starting to get a little clustered now, and everytime I turn the page it seems like a joke happens and I wasn't even aware when it happened. Just seems like they skip way too far between scenes so certain things seem weird when they happen out of nowhere. I seriously can't explain anything that happened this chapter because of that.

Still, Akane is the only reason I'll keep reading it. She's yandere in a comical way and I like it.

bigkrev

Self 1-4

I'm firmly in the "if dakkumauji likes it, I probably should be reading it" phase

I really hope this takes a super dark turn next chapter, publicly masturbating in a playground. Sow me the JPN equivalent of Megan's law!

dramatis

How much did Bessatsu Shonen Magazine pay you to write this positive review?
Not enough, really I mean zero! Zero!

I've only watched Legend of Galactic Heroes, but part of what appealed so much to me from that is how Tanaka tied the personal and the political, both subtly and overtly. I can see hints of that in the pilot, which does end up tickling me because I'm a sucker for political stuff but that kind of plot is heavily reliant on execution, so I know better than to be anything but cautiously optimistic.

Arslan is being serialized in a shounen magazine and regardless of the popularity of both the writer and the mangaka, I get that it will have to be palatable to the chosen audience. The pilot has the standard main character encountering another character who upturns the worldview, but there's slivers of interesting things in there, like his parents, their relationship, and the world setting.

I'd give 10 out of 10 only to Beelzebub's pilot chapter, because it was just ridiculous. Probably also because I don't remember pilots of any other shounen...

It was pretty cool, I like the setting and the characters so far and I'm convinced it'll be a pretty entertaining series.
(=´&#8704;`)&#20154;(´&#8704;‘=)

Antiwhippy

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69576071]The fact that the same guy did Me and the Devil Blues kind of blows my mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it really does.

Guess that's how the current climate of manga is.

Bought a bunch of Yotsuba vol. yesterday, made it into a totally relaxing day. Waiting patiently (no, not really) for Ao No Exorcist, Shokugeki no Soma, and Assassination Classroom to be translated already (peeking at raws is starting to become a bad habit since I get even more impatient)

Kurita

Alright. Thought he was talking about purchasing them like the yotsuba volumes. :p

Still surprised that assassination classroom is still not licensed yet, considering its popularity. Guess it's not as marketable to an english audience?

It'll be released in October in France. Kana (the publisher) has been hyping it since they announced it, and I see that a lot of people are interested in the manga. We'll see how it'll perform.
There were numerous activities related to AssClass during Japan Expo, a giant Koro-sensei head floating...

Antiwhippy

I don't think I'm surprised anymore when the french gets something that we don't. :p

Especially when you guys actually buy manga.

Slightly unrelated but Persona 4 lyrics are fucking difficult to understand. Signs of Love in particular.

"Signs of love overshadowed by dreams"

Nobody should stress "overshadowed" like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom