• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Anime skipped over best girl? What is this...

Yeah, it's a shame how it is now. They probably had to do something if they wanted to drag the concept out but the time travelling stuff is just boring.

Anime skipped over best girl? What is this...

Yeah, it's a shame how it is now. They probably had to do something if they wanted to drag the concept out but the time travelling stuff is just boring.

I actually thought the manga was gonna do a whole set up stuff for the conquests in the present but instead we're just having loli popularity contests.

B.O.O.M

God I hope someone translates the new chapters for Mutou Black! Checked up some of the raws and it looked so good. Since Gamaran ended I need more martial art manga in my life :(

Mutou_Black_Sample.jpg

ps: the fight scenes are actually very good and believable. Author has imho done a great job at it. I did Aikido for a while ages ago so this manga really clicks with me.

El Sloth

Banned
You should have been watching EVO, Kurita, you could have glimpsed your very own real life K-drama (which are better than J-dramas FYI!)

Kurogane

Sad that this manga ended at only 70 chapters. Kendo is very interesting but the fact that he based it on real life probably didn't help as Kendo isn't that popular sadly.

The manga cuts off in an awkward part as the tournament was ongoing. :(

At least the ending was great! Better than Reborn!'s for sure which isn't hard lol.

Hope the author comes back soon.

Dynedom

Kurogane

Sad that this manga ended at only 70 chapters. Kendo is very interesting but the fact that he based it on real life probably didn't help as Kendo isn't that popular sadly.

At least the ending was great! Better than Reborn!'s for sure which isn't hard lol.

All the teases only to see them never happen. Urgh.

B.O.O.M

Kurogane

yeah :( it sucks both this and Gamaran has ended now. Gamaran at least had a very good run and I can't complain about the ending too much either.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kurogane

I kinda glad it's over. It went downhill ever since that weird goth team appeared.

B.O.O.M

Ginga Patrol Jako - Chapter 1

So far a rather meh start. To be frank I found it to be rather boring. Characters, dialog and the setting, none of it did it for me. Hopefully the next chapter is much better

I kinda glad it's over. It went downhill ever since that weird goth team appeared.

Admittedly the Author was kinda reaching when he made the opposing team. Kurogane vs Yodaka should have happened a long time ago. Then Shidou not fighting his rival and the other stuff.

Such a sad waste but thats manga in Jump for you.

Okay, gonna try and catch up with 2.45 months of missed manga. No real idea where to start.

Fujimura-kun Mates 86-87

Himuro without her traps is like Fujimura without his blonde ha-- oh. Anyway, I think I saw something vaguely resembling Himuro route progress in that last chapter, so that's a plus.

God I hope someone translates the new chapters for Mutou Black! Checked up some of the raws and it looked so good. Since Gamaran ended I need more martial art manga in my life :(

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll196/zomb1986/Mutou_Black_Sample.jpg[/IG]

ps: the fight scenes are actually very good and believable. Author has imho done a great job at it. I did Aikido for a while ages ago so this manga really clicks with me.[/QUOTE]

I dont know why the ones doing it are more focused on smoky bb than mutou black, but both are doing depressingly so neither may pass chp17/24

EArTh 21-28 (END)
Gee, why didn't I think of that?

If this'd been a bit more coherent it could've been something worth recommending. It had an ethereal feel to it which really complimented the themes it explored. I suppose the translation is partially to blame for the clarity issues, although the art didn't exactly help.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei chapter 1 (ln)

The magic stuff, psion(sp?) and pushion is oddly compelling especially for people with excellent eyesight, or rather being overly sensitized, to see them. I wonder what Tatsuya's secret is that he has to be on guard around the megane (her character design is lacking, couldnt they be more stylish?).

Like Tatsuya and Miyuki's relationship, best girl of the mix so far, odd that no other guys are introduced.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
My SOP for manga
tumblr_mpubrbbMY81qbxqfpo1_400.png

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha................. hahahaha............... *takes deep breath*.... hahahahaha XD

Gosh darn it, DTL, you really are one of a kind! XD

Anyways,

God of Highschool

I have read this for about... 10 chapters, and unfortunately so far I am not impressed :( The art can be rough sometimes :( Should I continue in hope that it will get more interesting?

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga 16-23 (END)

Cute but unremarkable arc about a cute but unremarkable couple. Still a considerable improvement over the MMO story, despite the characters' personalities feeling very similar. Above average series overall.

The pic reminded me of Kamina so i made this

I thought the same thing, despite not actually having watched GL yet.

Dynedom

God of Highschool

I have read this for about... 10 chapters, and unfortunately so far I am not impressed :( The art can be rough sometimes :( Should I continue in hope that it will get more interesting?

Unfortunately the art is not its strong point at all. Sometimes there are cool character shots but you can clearly see the shortcuts.

The story is neat and the battles can be quite fun. Lots of characters, factions and intrigue. I'd say give it a few more chapters. If you've seen numerous battles and you're not impressed, that's when I'd drop it.

Shokugeki no Soma 31
tumblr_mpvpw0QRmq1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That was too many eggs that I started to feel a bit queasy of sorts, though I barely even eat them IRL, beyond just double deviled eggs occasionally or fragments in various asian dishes of interest.

Anyway, at least Takumi was concerned for Soma.

Kurita

Bakuman vol.15

Such a good volume. Hiramaru fighting Nakai was simply hilarious, Hiramaru is still one of the best characters of the manga.
I'm glad the Nanamine arc is already over. It wasn't bad but definitely not on par with the copycat arc that followed it. The said arc was really entertaining and fast-paced.
Good stuff, as usual.

dramatis

ps: the fight scenes are actually very good and believable. Author has imho done a great job at it. I did Aikido for a while ages ago so this manga really clicks with me.
Art is good, but the story and characters don't cut it. Which is a pity, but I think it'll last at least another 10 chapters because there's other stuff in line to be canceled. Freaking Koisuru Edison made it to 34.

Man I was so preoccupied with FF14 beta this week that I forgot to check out Toriyama's new manga.

dramatis

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman 1

So apparently if you're a popular mangaka your work will get translated fast.

Anyhow, the art is very detailed, and it fits Toriyama; only one human design though, and from the looks of it, the manga will have the standard Toriyama character designs.

The beginning feels almost generic child story, with the super alien with lots of powers meeting the old man mechanic. Somewhere along the line, things began to feel a little more modern, and perhaps just a bit dark.

Surprisingly looking forward to the next chapter even though I'm not a fan of the character designs.

What
The
Hell
I forgot, but it has double chapters sometimes (I think?). So the numbering scheme is a bit out of sorts. More correctly, current issue of Jump is #33, and it has been serialized since #10. That means it's lasted 23 issues. If you're lucky it will be cancelled next week or the week after with the 2 new serializations coming up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
These are the final few stages of the you will get expelled stuff right? I'm thinking next will be him again the elite of the school or something

Hakiyuu 67-68

gawd dang it!

No, because everything is "you will get expelled." The Shokugeki he did with skank girl was a "you will be expelled" one, the one he did with Arrogant French cook was "you will be expelled" and so is this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom