• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
God I hope someone translates the new chapters for Mutou Black! Checked up some of the raws and it looked so good. Since Gamaran ended I need more martial art manga in my life :(

Mutou_Black_Sample.jpg

ps: the fight scenes are actually very good and believable. Author has imho done a great job at it. I did Aikido for a while ages ago so this manga really clicks with me.

I'm with you. :'(

Denpa Kyoushi 73-81

Sure is plot in here. It's looking set to degenerate/evolve into zany abilities etc, but it's the most interesting it's been for a while, so I guess it's a positive step.

Gepetto 61-68

This has picked up as well. Unsurprising defection, unsurprising death.

Hayate 405-413

I feel like I should stop reading this, but I keep holding out hope for more Fumi chapters.

False Memories v1
tumblr_max3gqOERF1qe39cvo1_500.png

Good color page. Another pickup from Sublime, they always release good series here. I liked the story which I think is starting to become one of my other types of stories that I will start to look more into. This one is one of those highschool lovers then they vanish for a few years, then reunite and confront those feelings. It just leads to really akward moments in the present with misunderstandings being present, cute scenes of realization and blushing, and then the usual friends that are trying to get them back together or even trying to steal one for themself. The ending cliffhanger was intense and makes me hope v2 is releasing rather soon. Good art, funny moments. Not really explicit anything oddly...though at least there was the bonus chapter of sorts ending chapter covering that which transpired during their last year of highschool.

Dresden

No, because everything is "you will get expelled." The Shokugeki he did with skank girl was a "you will be expelled" one, the one he did with Arrogant French cook was "you will be expelled" and so is this one.

It's a bit too late for this arc, but for the next one, that 'expel for everything' stuff needs to go so there's some leverage in regards to how the students perform. I'm expecting it to happen, anyways.

Gosan no Heart 2

The school seems to have the most open people around, at least, no one making awful comments with Udou and Miki doing that kiss scene in the classroom, and then doing stuff in other places in school. Was almost going to drop when it seemed like Miki was about to do it with a girl instead of Udou, but thankfully that didnt happen

Yellow Gate 1-11 (END)
Goth girls are the bes-- oh goddamn it.

Hayate + more fightan + lewdness. Nothing revolutionary, but it didn't outstay its welcome and got enough laughs out of me for it to be a worthwhile read.

It's getting a sequel starting later this year.
Eh, not hugely enthusiastic about this news. Here's hoping the MC isn't Aito, since I don't think I could stomach him for another 100 chapters.

Kakuriyo Monogatari 01

fcOOXIFl.jpg

OH GOD NEW FUJISAKI RYU SERIES OH GOD OH GOD

A series about a town with only spirits and what happens when revengeful spirits enter the world of humans.

Definitely loving the art. I just love his style and super excited to read a new series from him. It actually looks like it's gonna more like Houshin Engi than Waq Waq where it's more depth to the world and less random fighting going on. It's your standard first chapter with some exposition of what's going on, the girl's special ability and the evil group yet it has all the charm that I love from Houshin Engi.

All I can say is I'm super excited to see where this series goes.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kakuriyo Monogatari 01

fcOOXIFl.jpg

OH GOD NEW FUJISAKI RYU SERIES OH GOD OH GOD

A series about a town with only spirits and what happens when revengeful spirits enter the world of humans.

Definitely loving the art. I just love his style and super excited to read a new series from him. It actually looks like it's gonna more like Houshin Engi than Waq Waq where it's more depth to the world and less random fighting going on. It's your standard first chapter with some exposition of what's going on, the girl's special ability and the evil group yet it has all the charm that I love from Houshin Engi.

All I can say is I'm super excited to see where this series goes.

Seems like there's maybe a romance in here right now, nice :D

Now, I am not a believer for "romance for the sake of romance", but I have to admit I am a sucker for romance, so one of my biggest disappointments of Houshin Engi, despite how amazing the entire thing is (and the rather subdued ending), it's that it really lacked on the romance department.

This new stuff seems interesting.

Dresden

yuyushiki - 04

One day, my children will live in a world where girls don't need to pretend they're dumb in order to stay 'cute.' #meganeculture

6TTuTWO.png

Dresden

anywhere but here - 'The Willow Tree' - Moto Hagio

Textless for the most part, about the passage of time and the observations of a young-ish woman as she waits by the willow of time. Decent flip-through.

Seems like there's maybe a romance in here right now, nice :D

Now, I am not a believer for "romance for the sake of romance", but I have to admit I am a sucker for romance, so one of my biggest disappointments of Houshin Engi, despite how amazing the entire thing is (and the rather subdued ending), it's that it really lacked on the romance department.

This new stuff seems interesting.

I can't really imagine that romance would work in Houshin Engi. It just doesn't really fit with the whole setting and would probably add in even more bloat with its already large cast and all the things happening in it.

It would really depend on how its added and worked within the series, and seeing as with this series, the whole thing is how the lead girl is sacrificing herself for others while the guy doesn't want her to works as a contrast. It does seem to be a good conflict for the series to explore and definitely looking forward to that.

survivor

Banned
anywhere but here - 'The Willow Tree' - Moto Hagio

Textless for the most part, about the passage of time and the observations of a young-ish woman as she waits by the willow of time. Decent flip-through.

I really liked that short story. Very structured and moving.

Aizo

Banned
Bokurano 24-37

I decided to read this on my phone for a bit while I waited for a concert to start (delayed by an hour due to rain) which was a great choice! I'm glad I've started reading this series again because I find it endlessly intriguing. The art is quite nice, and the characters are very interesting. It also has mechs. I love mechs.

I'm familiar, but I've never read it. What do you like so much about it?

I really liked the story, the art and the characters. The setting was pretty great since it was Ancient China with a mix of demons. I really liked the main character and how he handled the problems and it had such a great cast of characters.

I just have great memories reading it years ago and after finally collecting all the volumes again, have been eagerly looking forward to rereading them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom