• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
This is molester man all over again only in this case I see no path to redemption.
I'll just make up my own end.
Afroman gets hit by one of those delinquent girls in a car after they got drunk. He dies in extreme pain after having his lower body torn to strips before on his way to the hospital.
GOOD END.
This is the pain we must all go through… the pain to learn who the best girl is.

Heart no Kakeruga 4 - 5

Bad turn of events if he just moves and breaks up completely. I hope its just mere misunderstanding.

Neko Kaburi to Kenagena Chuuken 1
tumblr_mpyflgzmSs1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Essentially satisfies all conditions for a story that I would like, that is, close childhood friends become roommates and eventually taking things to the next level, with an added touch of one of them being a sadist, and extremely protective. Enjoyable read from the first page to the last.

Heart no Kakurega 6 + v1extra

The resolution could have slightly been handled a bit better but it still worked out in the end in a logical way. Didnt really cry over it but was touched at their sincere feelings and wanting to just move on. It was well worth it for the short bit of futon action and cute moments in the extra chapter. Looking forward to Jin and Momo's story next volume. Dedicating an entire volume to a side couple is a bold move.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
AKB49 131

No, I still hate you Yoshinaga.

It seems the author is trying his best to make us sympathize with her.

Showing her being hard-working, endearing, or whatever.

The problem is it takes away scene opportunities for Minori, who--even as not a real girl--is 1000000000000000% much more awesome than her :\

I bet the author is preparing Yoshinaga to "win" her "confrontation"/"rivalry" against Minori too :(

This is molester man all over again only in this case I see no path to redemption.
I'll just make up my own end.
Afroman gets hit by one of those delinquent girls in a car after they got drunk. He dies in extreme pain after having his lower body torn to strips before on his way to the hospital.
GOOD END.

Why you gotta do that to a bro like Bro-ccoli? :(

It seems the author is trying his best to make us sympathize with her.

Showing her being hard-working, endearing, or whatever.

The problem is it takes away scene opportunities for Minori, who--even as not a real girl--is 1000000000000000% much more awesome than her :\

I bet the author is preparing Yoshinaga to "win" her "confrontation"/"rivalry" against Minori too :(

The problem is that Okabe is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than her.

Why cant we have more of her ;______;

Are You Alice? Vol.1

QarIbHel.jpg

So a guy with no name becomes "Alice" and now must kill the White Rabbit and blah blah.

Anyway, it's pretty interesting. I do like how it's using the Wonderland characters in this and definitely would like to see more. The art's nice and the "Alice" isn't a bad character. He has potential if he takes more action on his.

Of course, definitely think this all depends on how the story gets developed. It has the possibility to be a complete mess or halfway decent but will keep reading.

ryan13ts

Watching the Hunter X Hunter anime is making me miss the manga all the more. It's been over a year since it went back on hiatus, maybe it'll be coming back soon? (That's how it's usually been the past anyways, a 5-6 month run, then a year break, wash and repeat)

We need you Togashi-sama... ;\

Trinity Seven 29
Well, let's hope he's more right than she is then.

I approve of this bad future.
Maybe if they had actually chosen it (who knows, they might; it would still be wrong, but not as bad as that scene is), but those dead eyes all of the girls have are pretty sad... no, that's a quite bad end. That version of him is clearly evil.

In that scene though. hmm, Levy was the only one wearing clothes (of the girls), and was the only one looking away, too. I imagine she probably has dead eyes like the others there though, but it isn't seen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Norogami 1-6

Huh, I actually liked this quite a bit. Really like the concept of a no-name god bumming around trying to earn enough favours to build a shrine and be worshipped. The pacing can be somewhat hard to follow though. Dunno if it's the translation's fault or what.

Also, main girl likes MMA. Who could say no to that?

Sairuiru 8

Fun side story for the funnest pairing in the collection. Ill just imagine they ended up going to schools that were relatively close and they could spend even more time together, ending handholding was really touching and sweet.

Sword Art Online: Progressive 1
tumblr_mpzekrQX9u1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Didnt realize Asuna had such a difficult past with school and trying to score high marks for her mother and others. Oh well, if she had only spent more time hitting the books instead of weakly surviving badly in this game then maybe she could have excelled. Thankfully Kirito is as epic as ever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for July 15th 2013

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Naruto
Bleach
Toriko
World Trigger
Cross Manage
Nisekoi
One-Punch Man
One Piece
Dragon Ball

Previews: World Trigger, Toriko and Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal

One Piece, Naruto and One-Punch Man are all in color.

Bleh, I forgot about Viz's horribly incorrect spelling of Elbaf.

Aizo

Banned
I can't decide if I like it or not. I do like colored comics. I thought I always preferred them, in fact. This just sort of looks unnatural to me, though.

Dynedom

Trinity Seven - 29

Cot damn at Future Arata. Like a boss.

I don't think I'd enjoy this series half as much is Arata wasn't the way he was. Definitely one of my favorite shounen protags.

GIRLS OF THE WILDS

Oh my oh my my my my my my. So many lovely females in here :3

The art is nice too. Me likey.

Are you picking up random manwha, LB? I remember you asking about God of High School as well. Are you also checking out Tower of God?

Girls of the Wild 94

I'm calling it: He is actually a "she"

Knowing this manwha, that'll actually be a guy. One shot towards the end depicts "him" as very feminine features so it might be a girl.

Aizo

Banned
I really like Akira's colored version. I can't think of any other manga that has looked good to me colored.

Theonik

Fap Note 23-31
Well I'm still not sure if I am entirely satisfied by this turn of events. At least Kurosawa got SOME form of consolation out of all this. Brocolli also got some form of redemption though I still hate the guy to an extent. I still think Kurosawa should have come clean too. As in, about his past feelings about fake-kansai though I suppose that could have cost him big time. (not that after what he did it could get much worse.)
The ending itself was somewhat bittersweet, and I'd have liked if it went a bit further, an omake sort of thing would have been nice.
That being said grief aside (which I would say is among the strengths of this manga) I really enjoyed this and found it to be a very well written piece of work, which I'm not quite sure if I prefer it or Molester man.

Hachi Ichi 26-27

Oddly enough I think the relative reservedness of Nana's 'intimate' scene actually boosts her chances. I'm perfectly aware that by talking about winners and losers in this series I've already lost myself.

Akito

Fap Note 23-31
Well I'm still not sure if I am entirely satisfied by this turn of events. At least Kurosawa got SOME form of consolation out of all this. Brocolli also got some form of redemption though I still hate the guy to an extent. I still think Kurosawa should have come clean too. As in, about his past feelings about fake-kansai though I suppose that could have cost him big time. (not that after what he did it could get much worse.)
The ending itself was somewhat bittersweet, and I'd have liked if it went a bit further, an omake sort of thing would have been nice.
That being said grief aside (which I would say is among the strengths of this manga) I really enjoyed this and found it to be a very well written piece of work, which I'm not quite sure if I prefer it or Molester man.
Check out the After the Juvenile novel.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece
This color chapter is... Beautiful.

Also, Moocy for nakama.

I'll admit, Moocy is a better pun than Ucy (which only makes sense to Japanese ears).
Viz spells the new Doflamingo crew member Giolla. Man, I hate when there's name that have multiple spellings *looks at Eneru*

I would love a full color re-release of One Piece. With actual coloring and not this digital stuff.

Number 1-34

It was genuinely worth reading through 30 chapters of nonsense, battles and guys draping themselves over each-other just for that one twist. Unusual to see such a badass fightan female in a shoujo.

That said, I may not even read the last 7 chapters when they're out because god knows what's happening now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom