• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsuki Tsuki 24
5FcAXGK.png
Obviously a no contest. Meido is the best girl in this mess, the other two are utterly insufferable.

Huh, well she did actually win, even if it was only on a technicality. Let the mana transfer commence.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'll admit, Moocy is a better pun than Ucy (which only makes sense to Japanese ears).
Viz spells the new Doflamingo crew member Giolla. Man, I hate when there's name that have multiple spellings *looks at Eneru*

I would love a full color re-release of One Piece. With actual coloring and not this digital stuff.

Any japanese name with L or R in it is going to end up having multiple spellings. (Though in Eneru's case, Eneru is the obvious correct translation).

Giolla is weird. Not sure what Viz/Stephen is up to there. Why would she have an Irish name? I'm guessing they're just being creative with the Jo- romanization, even though it'll be awkward in the future.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online Progressive 1

This was really good. Very interesting character background and solid art. Will read.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Are you picking up random manwha, LB? I remember you asking about God of High School as well. Are you also checking out Tower of God?

Actually I was, or rather am, hooked to Tower of God rather hopelessly right now. Marathoned it straight from the 1st chapter to the latest one (150, I believe.)

And since I have caught up with it, I also tried to read God of High School. I read it for about 10 or 11 chapters, but unfortunately the art was kind of rough and I am not really feeling it, so I turned into Girls of the Wilds right now.

Actually I was, or rather am, hooked to Tower of God rather hopelessly right now. Marathoned it straight from the 1st chapter to the latest one (150, I believe.)

And since I have caught up with it, I also tried to read God of High School. I read it for about 10 or 11 chapters, but unfortunately the art was kind of rough and I am not really feeling it, so I turned into Girls of the Wilds right now.

Check Regarding Death with its BGM at B*t*t*

So good with the music.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought regarding death was cheesy as fuck, especially with the music.

Speaking of manhwa...

Dr. Frost 70

Holy christ that joker.

On my never ending quest to find translated food/cooking manga, I came across this...I was honestly confused it as well. Finished it regardless of the all the ecchi and lack of food relevance.

Even as a ecchi manga it made no sense.

World Trigger 22
tumblr_mq0a6f3Tp31qbxqfpo3_500.png

Oh nice another awesome character was introduced and may even be with us for a long time, if this training arc can last a long time or if he stays relevant to the Tamakoma branch. Kyosuke, probably in my top three list for this manga so far even at just 22 chapters and not knowing any of his abilities.

I think a training arc could be avoided. It might just last three days unless Jin knows whats up and can intercept Kido's movements. I dont know, it just seemed strange that he wouldn't serve as their mentor.

Mahou Shoujo of the End 11

Bah, back to the present, just when the past stuff was getting interesting. But maybe that means more MAGICAL horribleness!

Nisekoi: False Love 82

Free! did the pool cleanup idea much better :(

Big Order 11
tumblr_mq0despzgE1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

One of the easier to follow chapters. Almost things had taken a turn for the better but then, well Hiiragi, why. I cant think of how he can get out of this situation with that weird Order.

bigkrev

Jaco 1
7410662769836b0eefa931d53ac38405_zpsd61f0018.jpg

Toryama art is kinda like comfort food- you've seen it so many times, but it still works. Judging this series before its over is going to be pointless (it's a 10 chapter series), but so far the plot seems kinda benign (alien lands on earth and needs help repairing his ship). I'll keep reading.

Aunt Tits 86
f0a0a7e538e73f76b909d136f13fa029_zpsba723f14.jpg

Haaaah, indeed

dumbyugi

Please tell me you're joking. The amount of breaks One Piece has been having lately is reaching absurd levels. Oda must still be super sick or extremely burnt out, either way, it's not good.

He said he was slowing down his usual work schedule until he is 100% recovered so it's not suprising that it's skipping more issues then normal.

dumbyugi

Once Piece Spoilers (Thanks APForums)

- All chapter is focused on C Block.
- All important fighters from C Block are presented.
- Don Chinjao has Haoshoku Haki.
- The bounty hunter Jean Ango knows Lucy is Luffy.
-No chapter next week

Please tell me you're joking. The amount of breaks One Piece has been having lately is reaching absurd levels. Oda must still be super sick or extremely burnt out, either way, it's not good.

It's only been four or so over the span of 2 months. Try reading Berserk (when was the last chapter update)

I'd rather have healthy Oda than a dead Oda. Breaks are still not as bad as haitusxhaitus and what's going with Hoshino Katsura (D.Gray-Man), acute tendinitis

ryan13ts

It's only been four or so over the span of 2 months. Try reading Berserk (when was the last chapter update)

I'd rather have healthy Oda than a dead Oda. Breaks are still not as bad as haitusxhaitus and what's going with Hoshino Katsura (D.Gray-Man), acute tendinitis

I read Berserk and Haitus X Hiatus, so believe me when I say I know all about breaks/haituses when it comes to manga.

And I totally agree, I would much rather have Oda healthy and happy than worked to death and no One Piece at all. Just the pains of One Piece withdraw hurts though. I gots to have my fix, I tells ya!

EDIT: Speaking of HaitusxHaitus, what the hell is Togashi's excuse for the insane breaks? Oda I can definately understand since he'll go for months without any real breaks, but Togashi frequently takes well over year hiatus's, only to write a few chapters and go back into the unknown. It's reaching that point where he'd usually start back up again, so I'm hoping that's what will happen, but you never know with him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Little forest 1

You know what, I'm totally down for sour jam. Sounds delicious.

Art can get super messy, but I like the waterpaint style.

Have you read Little Forest because if you haven't you really really should.

The best cooking manga.
Ah, thanks for the recommendation. Read the first two chapters and I really like the use of color and the sketchy b/w. Narration style reminds me of What Did You Eat Yesterday where they describe the process and ingredients used.

Digitally bought all 7 vol (well of the 103) of Oishinbo (no 1 cooking manga to me--although top favorites almost all hold equal footing). Saved money but not too crazy about the digital reader (I thought it'd be more like a scanalation site layout)

Why's it so hard to find translated manga for foodies :(

Dresden

gakkou gurashi -

Cute girls holed up in a school, fending off the zombie apocalypse. Some of the girls occupy this weird delusion that everything is normal, and the others are intent on making sure this delusion isn't broken. Amusing enough to put on my list.

9wJjPsK.png

Hey, I have a question. Does anyone know about any successful foreign manga? (I guess you could call it Gaijin manga or manga that's successful but not created by a Japanese idk) It's just something that really interest me.

scy

Baby Steps 174 - At least new chapters are fast. Right? Right!?

Yamada 67 - I'm feeling a long arc. Also, I forgot who that guy is.

Mahou Shoujo of the End 11 - Well, at least things didn't end tragically there. Yet.

Horimiya (webcomic) 1 - Man, japanese webcomics have low standards. I think Sota was mutating.

dumbyugi

Hey, I have a question. Does anyone know about any successful foreign manga? (I guess you could call it Gaijin manga or manga that's successful but not created by a Japanese idk) It's just something that really interest me.

For English language stuff Megatokyo is pretty succesful. I'm sure there's a fair amount of Korean manwha that's done well though I don't really keep up with it.

Jintor

scott pilgrim: comic or manga

the correct answer is *shrugs*

there's a tonne of manwha though that's pretty popular, even a couple of series i thought were japanese until i actually looked at the author names. Can't recall them off the top of my head htough except... uh, sun-ken rock? although he lives in Japan... idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom