• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Whippy I'm in the Melbournes. Are you in the Melbournes?

Sent you a PM.

Silver Spoon

Glad to see Komaba in somewhat good spirits, and also nice to see Ho Ho Ho back.

Karate minoru

That right leg looks disgusting. Goddamn. How does that not throw your balance off?

Kurita

Silver Spoon vol.3
oPACfjf.jpg

I'd say I liked this volume even more than the previous ones.
It was cool to see Yugo's brother, he's a good character. The festival was also pretty funny :lol
And now I have to wait until October for the next volume...

Silver Spoon vol.3
oPACfjf.jpg

I'd say I liked this volume even more than the previous ones.
It was cool to see Yugo's brothers, he's a good character. The festival was also pretty funny :lol
And now I have to wait until October for the next volume...

Why is this not in America :(

Silver Spoon 81
59a58cdd-a12a-4332-89d3-97aad85c9d0b.jpg

i'd be thinking the same thing, haha. Here's to hoping Komba sticks around as a helping hand at the school.

Toriko 242
Master of cliffhangers. But seriously who haven't they introduced yet to join the fray?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I started out not liking it but the relationships are pretty compelling. A lot of real life, relatable feels in there D:

Soon my friend.... soon..............

I mean, later on if you find how the characters treat relationship in KNIM still as 'relatable' or 'normal', then I must say what-is-wrong-with-you, hahaha.

Acid08

Banned
Why didn't you guys stop Acid from reading KNIM? :(
I'm at work :p edit: misread that. Is it really that depressing? :(

Also it sucks that Initial D is ending. I hope it's collected in some nice, big volumes but that will never happen. Seems like only High School of the Dead gets nice omnibus treatment.

Jesus x Dogs 1

Why do shoujo manga always have the best action stories now? This was definitely another good with with phenomenal character designs, good comedy, and a kind of funny concept, with characters being reborn as humans (but were originally, dogs of sorts) and having special powers to visual objects from video games, and fight the supernatural. Best part was gazing and being all dreamy like to Harigaya , as his dog. Good scenes.

I'm at work :p

Also it sucks that Initial D is ending. I hope it's collected in some nice, big volumes but that will never happen. Seems like only High School of the Dead gets nice omnibus treatment.

Well Takumi has it in the bag. I'm sad but happy that the manga has managed to reach the end and how far Takumi has come from the Ghost of Akina to the Ace of Ryosuke's team.

Best car manga hands down.

Ouji no Hakoniwa (Extras - End)
tumblr_mq5coza0NS1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Oddly the extra story was more to my liking and somehow a bit more memorable than the powerful main story itself. I guess that may be more to the dealings of close friends living in the same dorm and doing it once and then having a falling out though still living together. But then wanting each other still. Easily it is a type of story that I would usually always read. Good character designs, memorable personalities, and a nice past. Ouji no Hakoniwa was a interesting read over the four main chapters or so, glad to have read it.

This news came out in March, yes? I hope it ends with this.

The author said he was heading towards the finale back then but only today/yesterday did we get the official news that July 29 is the last chapter of the manga.

(May as well be a music manga though, I'll always remember playing Initial D Real in Odaiba)

Kurita

Cross Manage ends on Monday (finishes at what, 4, 5 volumes?)
Punpun's final volume is this winter.

I was mostly talking about long running series so I didn't mention Cross Manage :lol
And yeah, Punpun is ending too, that's pretty sad... Looking forward to Asano's new work.

bigkrev

Does DTL play Yu-gi-oh?

I'm probably pretty late to this party. I was just curious if it was a coincidence or that's where the name comes from.

Based on what he hates, it's kinda funny that he is just "Dedication through Light", and not "Dedication through Light and Darkness"

aravuus

Monster vol 3

Yes, the one by Urasawa and yes, I just now got around reading it. It never really interested me too much after 20th Century Boys and Pluto but dear god this is so very good too. I love Urasawa's writing and art, the dialogue and characters feel stupidly mature after all those shonen series. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom