• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Andromeda Stories (Vol. 3; End)
Not as good as Terra e..., but still enjoyable. Most of her works seem to be intended for a greater scale than the finished product. The way she ends series also throws me off. Very odd overall.

Apollo's Song (Vol. 1-3; End)
That was very cool. I found myself constantly looking forward to all the dream sequences instead of the actual plot's progression. Now allow me to take a couple panels completely out of context.
E8sQGIR.jpg
Bam! Sea urchin to the eye!

scy

Aunt Tits 90 - ;__; gj bro

Akame ga Nobody Died?! Kill 39 - Seriously?!

Also, I agree that her hair style made all the difference.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
LOL Oh man you are in for the long haul with the Skypia arc. Its frankly very boring until Luffy vs end boss.

Enjoy the reading. ;b

Bleach is still 2-3 weeks away from coming back. I'm suffering from withdrawal. :(

BTW has anyone noticed that Luffy is the only MC this deep into the manga storyline without both his parents being revealed.

Ichigo and Naruto's parents we know all about by now but Luffy's are a complete mystery.

Dragon only has 2 appearances and some mentions throughout the 700+ chapters.

Well OP is only like half done, so it makes sense. By this point we "knew" about Ichigo and Naruto's parents. I use quotation marks because we weren't told, but it was really damn obvious to anyone paying attention.

Andromeda Stories (Vol. 3; End)
Not as good as Terra e..., but still enjoyable. Most of her works seem to be intended for a greater scale than the finished product. The way she ends series also throws me off. Very odd overall.

Apollo's Song (Vol. 1-3; End)
That was very cool. I found myself constantly looking forward to all the dream sequences instead of the actual plot's progression. Now allow me to take a couple panels completely out of context.

Bam! Sea urchin to the eye!

If you use Firefox, go here

If you use Chrome, go here

If you use Safari or Opera, use Firefox or Chrome

Don't drink and hotlink, kids

I read it as a hard copy, so I just searched quickly for a page. I didn't realize I did something wrong. I thought as long as there weren't watermarks, it was fine, but I should always rehost?

It isn't really wrong per se but really recommended. Here is why.

Thanks to plugins such as the one I posted above there's really no reason not to hotlink when it's literally just 2 clicks more. And there's even cropping functions, making it even more convenient.

iavi

I recently finished it too. While I thought it was better than the arc in the anime it was still pretty boring. Some good moments though, mostly toward the end.

The end of Skypia is indeed some of OP's finest, but the majority of that arc up to it is utter hell. And I marathoned through it. If any of you were reading it week by week at the time, my condolences goes out to all of you.

So First of the North Star is actually good?

I respect it for its influence, but otherwise I didn't like it. Buronson was basically making up the plot as he went. The core element is to portray all these manly, inspiring moments for the sake of being many and inspiring and it doesn't help that Kenshiro is walking demigod. There isn't a whole lot of depth to it, which I didn't expect much of anyway, but was shocked how simplistic it is. JJBA for ex at least offered entertaining fights.

Solune

Seems like nobody bothered to note in Akame 39 but Akame Ga Kill Zero will debut in October. Will be rather interesting I hope.

Gintamen

Shall we be envious? - 12

MC acting like a little kid, getting embarrassed by a girl not even loving him. What a thrilling offer at the end: Tall & small vs Niku.

Cwarrior

Magi 194

I expected something good from the reactions, I should of know better then to expect the reaction to match the chapter.

What lame entrances after a series of lame entrances that's not how you do an entrance, one thing this arc didn't need was more character showing up especially metal vessel users.

Looks like all anyone cares about is there waifu is in on the endless spamming now.

A chump move like Lighting attack from behind is not how make an entrance sinbad.

Gintamen

Would you look at our meaty legs? - 13

Nooo, one more lft and it's just getting exciting. But at least the little one one finally got some determination back again!

Dynedom

Akame ga Death Flags - 39

Death flags

That's the direction I hope they take the anime in, anyways. Right now it's all just clashing tones.

Yep. Seems like it's trying to be too many things at once. Especially hard to take serious with some of the character designs (I just finished the
Rescue Miku (sp?)
mini-arc).

IHaveIce

Banned
Magi 194

I expected something good from the reactions, I should of know better then to expect the reaction to match the chapter.

What lame entrance after a series of lame entrances that's not how you do an entrance, one thing this arc didn't need was more character showing up especially metal vessel users.

Looks like all anyone cares about is there waifu in on the endless spamming now.
Yep shame on people for being happy that a character who wasn't shown for almost a year has arrived.

It has to be waifu stuff.

Cwarrior

Yep shame on people for being happy that a character who wasn't shown for almost a year has arrived.

It has to be waifu stuff.

it's always waifu stuff if not it's dtl stuff.

I wish sega would keep Aladdin shitty friends out of this(alibaba,mor,zuko), magi's better when there not in it(Magnostadt arc).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for August 26th 2013

Nisekoi
Naruto
One Piece
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
One-Punch Man
World Trigger
Toriko
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal
Dragon Ball

Previews: One Piece Strong World One-Shot and World Trigger

Dresden

WSJ: So how do you feel about doing five more years of this?

NK: I feel dead inside, but then I remind myself that I like paying the rent on time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think you can pretty much break down every MangaGAF conversation to a short sentence by now.

One Piece: "Skypeia sucks/Skypeia rules"
Naruto: "This chapter sucks; Part One was better."
Bleach: "Where are the backgrounds"
Nisekoi: Complaining about Onodera
Akame ga Kill: Death flags
Aunt Tits: [reaction gifs]
OPM (Murata Version): "Based Murata" particularly when Kurita is around
OPM (ONE version): [comparison to HxH scribble arc]
HxH: Discussion of Togashi being lazy
Silver Spoon: "Good chapter," but then no-one has any further discussion about it.
TWGOK: "Are they still on the Keima childhood arc?
Shokugeki no Soma: hailing the move away from smut/complaining about lack of smut
Toriko: Explaining how/why this will never be Big 3 material
Magi: Duckroll appears to tell us the manga is ending

Dynedom

I think you can pretty much break down every MangaGAF conversation to a short sentence by now.

One Piece: "Skypeia sucks/Skypeia rules"
Naruto: "This chapter sucks; Part One was better."
Bleach: "Where are the backgrounds"
Nisekoi: Complaining about Onodera
Akame ga Kill: Death flags
Aunt Tits: [reaction gifs]
OPM (Murata Version): "Based Murata" particularly when Kurita is around
OPM (ONE version): [comparison to HxH scribble arc]
HxH: Discussion of Togashi being lazy
Silver Spoon: "Good chapter," but then no-one has any further discussion about it.
TWGOK: "Are they still on the Keima childhood arc?
Shokugeki no Soma: hailing the move away from smut/complaining about lack of smut
Toriko: Explaining how/why this will never be Big 3 material
Magi: Duckroll appears to tell us the manga is ending

Berserk: When will they get to Fairy Island?
Shingeki no Kyojin: Shut up Eren/When will they get to the basement?

World Trigger 27
tumblr_ms5gcqO6Wm1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Had high hopes for Kazama and he delivered. If only we saw a bit more of that arena though at least it goes to the next chapter. He could have told Kikuchihara to be prepared and not just stand there for the attack.

Mikumo has to be being set up to switch trigger, he cant keep the raygust forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Berserk: When will they get to Fairy Island?
Shingeki no Kyojin: Shut up Eren/When will they get to the basement?

SnK: "Why the titans gotta be people?"
Berserk: Idolmaster reference
New User asks for recommendations: Hot House recommended/new user never comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom