• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

SnK: "Why the titans gotta be people?"
Berserk: Idolmaster reference
New User asks for recommendations: Hot House recommended/new user never comes back

KNIM: "WHY AM I STILL READING THIS?"
Kenichi: Boobs
Fairy Tail: "The power of friendship overcomes all yet again. This is bullshit. Dropped." *will post again in 2 weeks*

Vinland saga

Meh, this transformation of Thorfinn has been unsatisfying.

Noblesse

I was hoping that Francky mops the floor with Urokai. Now that Rai is here, let´s see what he will say/do. Very interesting chapter, and more revelations about Francky.

Biorg Trinity 3
tumblr_ms5kr64q3I1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Biorg Hunter (hosa) best character especially when the car scene loaded with guns came up. Looking forward to all of the other characters going all out when the need arises. Still at times baffled at some of the fusions (fishman for one)...

bigkrev

cgzytppz3r52yg0vh.jpg

At least he's honest.

Jesus.

I think you can pretty much break down every MangaGAF conversation to a short sentence by now.

One Piece: "Skypeia sucks/Skypeia rules"
Naruto: "This chapter sucks; Part One was better."
Bleach: "Where are the backgrounds"
Nisekoi: Complaining about Onodera
Akame ga Kill: Death flags
Aunt Tits: [reaction gifs]
OPM (Murata Version): "Based Murata" particularly when Kurita is around
OPM (ONE version): [comparison to HxH scribble arc]
HxH: Discussion of Togashi being lazy
Silver Spoon: "Good chapter," but then no-one has any further discussion about it.
TWGOK: "Are they still on the Keima childhood arc?
Shokugeki no Soma: hailing the move away from smut/complaining about lack of smut
Toriko: Explaining how/why this will never be Big 3 material
Magi: Duckroll appears to tell us the manga is ending

Well, lets just close the thread and implement a bot that constantly posts from the list. Add in random quoting of Kurita's avatar and DTL Yaoi posts, and it would be indistinguishable.

Cwarrior

I think you can pretty much break down every MangaGAF conversation to a short sentence by now.

One Piece: "Skypeia sucks/Skypeia rules"
Naruto: "This chapter sucks; Part One was better."
Bleach: "Where are the backgrounds"
Nisekoi: Complaining about Onodera
Akame ga Kill: Death flags
Aunt Tits: [reaction gifs]
OPM (Murata Version): "Based Murata" particularly when Kurita is around
OPM (ONE version): [comparison to HxH scribble arc]
HxH: Discussion of Togashi being lazy
Silver Spoon: "Good chapter," but then no-one has any further discussion about it.
TWGOK: "Are they still on the Keima childhood arc?
Shokugeki no Soma: hailing the move away from smut/complaining about lack of smut
Toriko: Explaining how/why this will never be Big 3 material
Magi: Duckroll appears to tell us the manga is ending

Berserk: When will they get to Fairy Island?
Shingeki no Kyojin: Shut up Eren/When will they get to the basement?

spot on cycle, This thread is doomed to repeat it's self.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Real in a "you better read Negima before you read this" real?

Nah, it has some references to it but the opening pages basically tell you everything you need to know. I meant real as in
holy shit the MC gets his arm cut off, then killed and Eva got chopped into a million pieces
. It went from 0 to VIOLENCE in no time flat.

Nah, it has some references to it but the opening pages basically tell you everything you need to know. I meant real as in
holy shit the MC gets his arm cut off, then killed and Eva got chopped into a million pieces

Oh... what's the name of the series?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ugh, fuck Akamatsu for Negima for the 1058139572th time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For the record, UQ Holder is a straight up Negima sequel set several generations in the future.

Its hilarious how he manages to have Negi in this and long dead and yet still not show who won.

scy

Wait ... what.

Vinland saga

Meh, this transformation of Thorfinn has been unsatisfying.

Really? I doubt he'll remain a complete pacifist for the rest of the series, but I think it's a justifiable development.

But anyway, man that chapter was brutal.

Assassination Classrooom 56

Fun chapter. Loved Koro-sensei's beetle suit.

Acid08

Banned
Initial D 674

Not sure if it was the translation or what but I didn't understand the speech at all. Shit was some gobbledygook.

Sounds amazing.

Solune

Cosmic is going to love this.

Angry Grimace

I will note that there's not a lot of fanservice in those 80 pages, which is really weird in an Akamatsu series.

Also, how did Evangeline grow up?

Angry Grimace

Could just be magic as she was wont to do in Negima.

I guess this is the pure battle shonen series he always wanted to do.

I forget if she could do that in Negima or what even happened in the end. (I think she could magic up her age)

The main guy's surname is Konoe, which is the same as Konoka, but Konoka was a lesbian at the end of Negima, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Wiseblade

World Trigger 1

Meh, the opening is prettiest generic. But glasses dude not necessarily being useless in a fight has me a little intrigued.

UQ Holder 1

Really great opening chapter, exciting action and great art. Is the female chick someone from Negima? Her name reveal seems like I'm supposed to know her already. Also is negi Springfield the main character of Negima? Surprised to see that he's dead at the start of this

UQ Holder 1
tumblr_ms5qlf2rmI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Touta is a great lead character embracing lots of good traits and always happy and smiling for his friends with big dreams not just for himself but for all of them. Kind of refreshing, though should have stayed in this village a bit longer, just for more interactions and fun times.Needs to stay in that form longer.

wonzo

Banned
Magi 194

I expected something good from the reactions, I should of know better then to expect the reaction to match the chapter.

What lame entrances after a series of lame entrances that's not how you do an entrance, one thing this arc didn't need was more character showing up especially metal vessel users.

Looks like all anyone cares about is there waifu is in on the endless spamming now.

A chump move like Lighting attack from behind is not how make an entrance sinbad.
it's always waifu stuff if not it's dtl stuff.

I wish sega would keep Aladdin shitty friends out of this(alibaba,mor,zuko), magi's better when there not in it(Magnostadt arc).
child please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom