• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

T'Zariah

Banned
Gantz is worse than most series in WSJ.
Being a different demographic doesn't make it better written.
But let's not try and pretend that certain genres and demographics don't bring a certain set of expectations and preconceived notions of standards.

Cwarrior

There's plenty of people who like to convince themselves that anything labeled seinen has none of the things that are bad about shonen even though in reality much the seinen people read around here just ratchets up the violence, sex or even more significantly non-sensical weirdness.

This thread hasn't seen this much truth in one post since who knows when, just that it's been a long damn time.

"Hey look how cool am compared to you guys, aren't I cool?, am teh mature" Post we get every now then.

The only manga I seriously read is Hot House. Every time I post about a manga, I just reread HH and make up something based on the reaction posts in this thread.

Tripon

This thread is hilarious.

img000070.jpg

Anri Sugihara as Bitch-sensei.

http://666kb.com/i/ch3xp9krjsnkqg6ug.jpg[/im]
Somewhat disappointing after seeing tosh's version of her lol[/QUOTE]

Didnt think we'd get cosplays of her, guess ive been too focused on the other side of the fandom. Someone of her character heritage and origin ought to try the cosplay.

Gintamen

Not it does not make sense to just have adventure without that adventure leading somewhere, and having a larger purpose. Take Magi for instance. It´s an adventure manga done right. Every single arc connects to a larger piece of a giant puzzle. While one piece there are pieces of the puzzle that does not belong to the same puzzle, that one is trying to make. It´s not bias that the story is disjointed. It´s already in the manga. No, it´s good writing if Oda revealed a bit of one piece secrets in every arc that make the whole thing connect instead of just having useless arcs that contributes almost nothing to the story.

Lol

Again your post shows how little you actually know, how little you want to understand.

Do you somehow miss the gigantic Revolutionary Army plot line in the background, beginning in Longue Town, than Drum, Alabasta and Summit War saga? Did you miss how Luffy meets people in connection to Gol, starting from Shanks, to Crocus at the Reverse Mountain, Gan Fall at Skypea, Tom at Water 7, Silvers at Sabaody Archipelago and the Marineford arc? Stop kidding yourself into telling it's a puzzle when it's a gigantic manga with a gigantic world with more than one plot line at the same time. OP is about arcs within a saga[East Blue, Alabasta, Sky Island, Water 7, Thriller Bark, Summit War, Pirate Alliances], those are interconnected to each other and create the impression of a massive story.

You are proposing that he should change his dream, but when the journey is the destination to fulfill his ultimate dream of ultimate freedom, by becoming Pirate King, why should he do that? Why should he change his dream, when all he is adventures and experiences are confirming his basic attitude that he needs to be free of everything and reach the One Piece to gain true freedom. Are you too obtuse to understand the very basics of this manga? In the very first chapter Shanks, his idol of life, has sacrificed his swordhand to let him live, should he throw that away after training all these years for this goal, after seeing his brother die before his own eyes [through the hands of a corrupt world government], after being given a chance, vision and possibility to obtain his dream!? What he shows is dedication to a dream, it should be an inspiration, not something to belittle the MC for. Should he rather cry and scream, wait till it rains to get help from one of his inner entities turning him to the ultimate being? :D

Why are you trying to keep it on Sanji? It was at the beginning of the arc, still playing on the Mermaid Cafe jollity and turned a joke into an introduction into the racial stuff. We were put it suspense by their reluctance, than we got the flashback explaining things, Hordy's speech about 'nothing' for a reason of his actions. There was enough darker material to dignify the issue.

The thing is, before Shirahoshi couldn't even call the Sea Kings before. Those talked about repairing Noah, so it seems conclusive that she would use and/or stay in contact with them, learning how to use her powers. I don't see her becoming a physical fighter, she wouldn't need to though. FI took too long, I agree, but Hordy and crew served as a good way to show them that they got no business talking big while using steroids, while displaying some of the Mugiwaras abilities, tease us for the future.

Bad arcs, all the same? Themes are: Eugenics, Status Devide, Drug Addiction, Censorship, Justice, Slavery, War, Racism and pursuing of one's dreams.

The truth.
Josei (and a few shoujo) often have the superior stories for adults.
With stories.
iGMHhb0E3rMPF.png

Fukurou-kun to Kare 1
tumblr_mscvqgNYjz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Ms.Understanding didnt need to show up on the cover of the magazine in universe, but at least Shiratori san was hopefully honest the whole way through. The face at seeing the cover was hilarious though. No action, but the couch scene is sweet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is an awesome argument about whether One Piece or Bleach is the marginally more generic shonen adventure series. I mean, really awesome.

Fairy Tail 349
tumblr_msctyhdiSU1stge76o2_500.png

Well Gray made it this best part of this arc so far. The power of imagination is one of the most creative powers Mashima has used. He should have at least made this more chapters, unless theyll revert again, hopefully.

Tripon

If Kubo does character art, Oda tells story and Kubo convinces him to cut down on his bullshit fluffery...im there bruh.

....Wait, you're accusing One Piece of the bullshit fluffery? And you think Kubo's the one to convince him. The same person who created Aizen, AKA bullshit fluffery personified? This is crazy town.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
....Wait, you're accusing One Piece of the bullshit fluffery? And you think Kubo's the one to convince him. The same person who created Aizen, AKA bullshit fluffery personified? This is crazy town.
This is ManGAF.

Aizen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

789shadow

Banned
If I could represent Bleach's story with a meal, it would be a glass of water that came out of a backcountry lake and hasn't been boiled.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
If I could represent Bleach's story with a meal, it would be a glass of water that came out of a backcountry lake and hasn't been boiled.
This is pretty apt.

One Piece is like a feeding tube that's 3 inches in diameter that is forcefeeding you a bunch of random foods that don't mix well and will not stop no matter how sick you're already feeling.

<3

789shadow

Banned
This is pretty apt.

One Piece is like a feeding tube that's 3 inches in diameter that is forcefeeding you a bunch of random foods that don't mix well and will not stop no matter how sick you're already feeling.

<3
Wrong. One Piece is a perfectly executed cheeseburger. Not very original, but MMMMMMMMMMM.

Of course, for people so wrong all the time they can enjoy said glass of filthy lakewater, which is not only disgusting and unfilling, but makes you shit your colon out later, I can see how it would feel "bloated."

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wrong. One Piece is a perfectly executed cheeseburger. Not very original, but MMMMMMMMMMM.

Of course, for people so wrong all the time they can enjoy said glass of filthy lakewater, which is not only disgusting and unfilling, but makes you shit your colon out later, I can see how it would feel "bloated."
Bleach is more like a well executed Spicy Tuna Roll. Aesthetically pleasing, and just enough to satiate you for the meal.

If One Piece were a burger, it would be one of those disgustingly greasy heart attack burgers with like 35 patties and 0 aesthetic value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom