• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Shokugeki no Soma 37
Setup chapter. I still don't get childhood friend's role, she's like a boring version of Tadokoro.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
6Cw9uH4.gif

xRHoAXJ.gif

Duds Hunt (oneshot)
Lengthy quasi survival game oneshot, in which the asshole MC's past comes back to bite him
lol
. Inherent bias towards murder contests aside, it was decent but nothing remarkable.

Awakened Dreams (oneshot)

This, on the other hand, I really liked. A simple story at its heart but the execution was fantastic. Subject matter was also highly relevant to my interests. Saying anything more would probably spoil it.

It was included as part of Duds Hunt, but it's a completely separate story so I'm treating it as such.

Beelzebub - 218

I wish he could have done a cool attack but oh well, nice conclusion to the fight I guess. I'm still excited over the fact that everyone has powers now and can fight. That's something I always wanted this series to do, because I was tired of seeing everyone stand on the sidelines while Oga fights.

Shouta

Anri Sugihara as Bitch-sensei.

ch3xp9krjsnkqg6ug.jpg

Somewhat disappointing after seeing tosh's version of her lol

That's a really bad angle for her. She's better in other actual pinup shots that are all over image searches. She's ridiculously busty though

Akito

That's a really bad angle for her. She's better in other actual pinup shots that are all over image searches. She's ridiculously busty though
I guess that's exactly why she was chosen, her slim but busty figure is just perfect for many of the standard female manga character. She was recently cosplaying as Robin to promote OP glasses:

ch46oztv6sfc19nl4.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I guess that's exactly why she was chosen, her slim but busty figure is just perfect for many of the standard female manga character. She was recently cosplaying as Robin to promote OP glasses:

ch46oztv6sfc19nl4.jpg

One Piece glasses? Jeez, there's One Piece merch for everything in Japan.

Soma

Time for the attack and i'm liking that its Soma indirectly fighting member(s) of the Elite Ten.

If it works out this might give him the chance to get invited or will become an enemy they will try to constantly put down.

Also love that Feudal Japan art plus that character line up one

Nah, that's Evangelion

ch474hxeukuufhp60.jpg

and Eva was the first series I heard about having branded glasses too LOL

I guess all Gendo needed was a shave, you'd think someone would have tried buying him a new razor at some point. Could have avoided the whole damn series if they had.

Wait how would a happy Gendo changed much about the Eva series? Unless his role was changed in the manga

Well he wouldn't have needed his crazy plan to force a third impact, Shinji would have had a better childhood ect ect ect

I mean it wouldn't stop the other angels from attacking, we know Shinji is a little bitch regardless of origin, and seele ended up being a bigger threat in the end with their god complex shenanigans

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean it wouldn't stop the other angels from attacking, we know Shinji is a little bitch regardless of origin, and seele ended up being a bigger threat in the end with their god complex shenanigans

You're right, it wouldn't have changed a whole lot, except for the ending (there would have been no instrumentality to reject) which would only change slightly. The call to action would stay the same, as would all the major plot points, but him not being a huge selfish dick would have had ramifications on his relationship with Shinji. Maybe Shinji is less of a bitch if his father treats him better, he doesn't live with Misato or Auska in that case either. Maybe he doesn't make Rei clones to try and bring his wife back. Maybe he has a healthy relationship with Ritsuko. There would be a ripple effect (which would be interesting to see), but like you said the calls to action wouldn't have changed a whole lot. Seele and the Angels would do their thing regardless.

You're right, it wouldn't have changed a whole lot, except for the ending (there would have been no instrumentality to reject) which would only change slightly. The call to action would stay the same, as would all the major plot points, but him not being a huge selfish dick would have had ramifications on his relationship with Shinji. Maybe Shinji is less of a bitch if his father treats him better, he doesn't live with Misato or Auska in that case either. Maybe he doesn't make Rei clones to try and bring his wife back. Maybe he has a healthy relationship with Ritsuko. There would be a ripple effect (which would be interesting to see), but like you said the calls to action wouldn't have changed a whole lot. Seele and the Angels would do their thing regardless.

Honestly if he doesn't make Rei/clones then the ending could change. Seele wanted to cause third impact to become god, Gendo wanted it to be reunited with his wife. When Rei merges with Lillith she rejected Gendo and gave Shinji the power to choose and he ultimately rejected instrumentality. Perhaps a happy Gendo doesn't need to create Rei and is able to live a normal life with Shinji and Ritsuko, meaning when Seele attacks there is no way for Gendo to "control" third impact. Course maybe he still makes Rei and attempts to start third impact so that he and Shinji can be reunited with Yui. It's hard to speculate as Eva is a very complex series with lots of moving parts, it's hard to see how one changed cog would impact the story if at all

Shouta

Meh, I always thought her face wasn't really great.

Looking at your avatar, I know your taste in faces! Sad ones by perfume. D=

ch46oztv6sfc19nl4.jpg

Yeah, she's really got anime proportions for a Japanese woman. The other one that I've noticed recently is Nana Ozaki. What were these parents feeding them while they were growing up. Japanese city life is getting really American.

........ I'm back.

:lol man, that escalated quickly.

I see what you did there.

Now you're going to look for Nana Ozaki now, aren't you!

upandaway

I see what you did there.
Well, what the hell. Not only am I unable to do these things intentionally, they also laugh at me from a gracefully controlled distance.

(by the way, that nana-man lady man. kinda stops at 2nd floor compared to that previous one)

The rules need to be updated for the next thread to ban 3D.

Yaneura no Majo 1-5 (END)
Short josei collection of intertwined romance stories, with creation/origin mythology as an underlying theme. As is common for these kinds of collections, the most interesting element for me was seeing the relationships between the stories and the different characters' perspectives. Worthwhile read overall.

Shouta

Well, what the hell. Not only am I unable to do these things intentionally, they also laugh at me from a gracefully controlled distance.

(by the way, that nana-man lady man. kinda stops at 2nd floor compared to that previous one)

Ah, her image searches aren't quite as good right now. Most of them are of her longer hair look. Her shorter hair look is better to me. Can probably find better pics searching for her in JP, &#23614;&#23822;&#12490;&#12490;

There's another model that I got one of my friends to follow on twitter after mentioning her antics on JP TV recently. She calls herself the "Ass Artisan" lol

Akito

Attack on Titan 0

Is this separate from the main series, or is this all we're getting this month (no chapter 49)?
It's an adaptation of the spinoff novel with the same name and it'll run in a separate magazine (also a monthly one).

iFoMow2.jpg

Shokugeki no Soma 37

Love the spread.

Manager is going to have such a glorious meltdown once Soma's plan succeeds.

And seeing a fully clothed Isshiki again, just doesn't seem right.

Unfortunately after years of school events having only pizza at functions, I imagine my feelings with Bleach are the same with pizza, its now tiring too experience.

On Bleach, is Kira really legit dead confirmed?

Kubo constantly saying Kira's reiatsu faded instead of confirming him dead = Kira's still alive. Not to mention Rangiku was injured in a similar way and she's still alive. The same could be said for Byakuya too.

Kubo aint "Kill'em all Tomino" :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom