• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Pound per pound, I wonder which one has gotten shit more from MangaGAF, Bleach or Naruto.

Also, is there any series here that everyone in MangaGAF unilaterally hates? KNIM is the only one I can think of.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pound per pound, I wonder which one has gotten shit more from MangaGAF, Bleach or Naruto.

Also, is there any series here that everyone in MangaGAF unilaterally hates? KNIM is the only one I can think of.

Gantz? I hate it... so glad it's finally ending.

Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs 1 - 4
tumblr_mnhmvdBEVq1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Had been on my plan to read list but didnt know it was updated yet until Dakku posted about it (thanks). The plot feels quite familiar to something I encountered before but I just cant remember what it is like. The near future and a meteorite that fell on Earth separating Tokyo from other countries, and people gaining new powers with their right arm (Tekigousha) and dwelling solely in the higher planes of society. Takeru is an interesting lead character and one I can get behind with his blazing fiery hot power and his hot blooded personality. His amnesia of sorts led to interesting commentary but much of his background just unexplored. Fujimaru as the first antagonist is of great design and personality but also mysterious. The volume cover makes it seem as if they would partner up at some point, so I do wonder if thats possible. Having a fist fighter and then a great electrical person would be a compelling match up. Will keep following.

Lain

Air Gear is incomprehensible. It just looks pretty.

I disagree. I never found it incomprehensible. Given the premise, most of everything made sense to that world and the characters inhabiting it. Stylish over the top story with stylish over the top posers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I disagree. I never found it incomprehensible. Given the premise, most of everything made sense to that world and the characters inhabiting it. Stylish over the top story with stylish over the top posers.

Even the Obama body swap?

The Demon Prince of the Momochi House 02

A fun chapter. Shoujo lead is trying to be more useful in this sudden situation she was dropped in, so at least she isn't really helpless. I like the interactions and the house seems like a fun setting.

I mean, it's still nothing really new as ordinary girl gets dropped into a supernatural setting full of pretty boys but I am looking forward to see if this series does anything new with it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's true...but it's better than Fairy Tail!

:D

That's not hard to accomplish. I wrote a thing about a guy from space with a giant robot who was living in Brooklyn and used said robot as a car when I was 10 and it's better than Fairy Tail.

EDIT: I'd like to note that Megas didn't come out til I was like 14 or whatever.

Lain

Yep, I didn't find it incomprehensible. I did find it silly (especially how long it lasted) but that's all. The way it was presented, after everything that was already established in the story, I thought it... made sense.

Yumekuri 05

Hm, so I guess it's going to be school based as well. Guess you couldn't exactly spend the whole series at the hot springs even though that would have been interesting.

dumbyugi

Yumekuri 05

Hm, so I guess it's going to be school based as well. Guess you couldn't exactly spend the whole series at the hot springs even though that would have been interesting.

I was kind of hoping it wouldn't go this direction but I'm fine with it as long as the hotspring is still the main focus.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I would've said Nisekoi, except some guy said he sort of likes it earlier today.

I'm not aware if anyone else reads it here but Holy Knight could easily piss off a lot of people because of how truly awful the MC is and the
rape
scene.

Dresden

matsumotobros:

http://mckido.com/post/51532994341/mangaka-interview-taiyo-matsumotos-dream

Q: What was happening in your life when you wrote Tekkon Kinkreet (Black & White)?

TM: I felt like it was one of my failures. I started the series with full of confidence. But it was so unpopular in the magazines, my editor told me that it was getting cancelled. I couldn’t argue because it was true that the series was unpopular.It was only later, a lot of people who are artists, musicians, or filmmakers recognized it. They had openly spoken about it, and recommended it to their fans to read it. That made me really happy. I had more plots in my mind for the series, like the battle between Fujimura and Suzuki. (laugh) I also wanted to gradually explain what “Itachi” was. But I barely had a time to finish it. But as Mike (Michael Arias, the director of the animated movie Tekkon Kinkreet) said though, I think it was just right the way it ended.

dumbyugi

I'm not aware if anyone else reads it here but Holy Knight could easily piss off a lot of people because of how truly awful the MC is and the
rape
scene.

I dropped it. It wouldn't have bothered me as much if the character who
rapes her
didn't jump straight into being a comedic relief character without any sort of punishment. I also hated the MC for being a useless fucking idiot.

I dropped it. It wouldn't have bothered me as much if the character who
rapes her
didn't jump straight into being a comedic relief character without any sort of punishment. I also hated the MC for being a useless fucking idiot.

I actually had a slimmer of hope he would have redeemed himself a little after Chapter 9.

Then, Chapter 12/13 gets released...

picarddoublefacepalm.jpg

wonzo

Banned
Sweet Alien 6.3 END

A good end to a really sweet SoL Romance story between an Alien and her Human husband with some fantastic art. There's really no reason to not check it out now that the translation's finally finished. I just hope we get some more chapters of this in the future.

Well Fairy Tail is only redeemable because of fanservice and Air Gear does that better while also having better art in general. Plus Obama > anything in Fairy Tail.

So...yeah it is better than Fairy Tail.
Ezra is too awesome to be tainted with such shitty characters and story. Fucking criminal

What? Hahahahaha. I remember watching the anime and reading the manga up to chapter 180´s something when the whole big twist happened. I would continue reading it for the Obama body swap now haha.
Ezra is too awesome to be tainted with such shitty characters and story. Fucking criminal

erza is a bad character and literally has as much plot armor if not more than Natsu. Her battle against Azuma and Minerva confirmed this. Destroying the fabric of magic move or something similar is lol.

Sweet Alien 6.3 END

A good end to a really sweet SoL Romance story between an Alien and her Human husband with some fantastic art. There's really no reason to not check it out now that the translation's finally finished. I just hope we get some more chapters of this in the future.

Noo :l

Terra Formars vol 5

It's nice to have a mostly optimistic volume once in a while, though I guess another squadron did get wiped out. Still, the main squad is totally fine with zero deaths still I think.

I'm loving bird-girl. Hope she doesn't die.

erza is a bad character and literally has as much plot armor if not more than Natsu. Her battle against Azuma and Minerva confirmed this. Destroying the fabric of magic move or something similar is lol.

lol, no.

If Erza is bad, then the rest would be beyond garbage, which they already are.

The only genuine badass in the series.

Reknoc

Bleh I still haven't managed to pick up blood-lad 2 yet. Hopefully I'll find 2&3 during the weekend.

Or just use amazon I guess.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! Sigma 12 (Ch. 21)

So I watched through the whole FMP! saga again recently and have been reading through Sigma where it picks up after the end of FMP!. Which means I did the Christmas cruise then jumped back to the "beginning" (after the TSR arc).

So this chapter is pretty awesome because of the harsh way it goes about its business. That is to say,
no matter how heroic and valorous, the heroes are NOT going to save Merida Island. Mythril WILL lose today.
and, as a personal favorite,
Sousuke, in spite of his bright eyed, heroic talk, anguished declaration of almost-love, and down right anime confidence that two teenagers can beat the odds if they work together, will NOT persuade Kaname to choose him over Leonard, and he will save the school at only the greatest cost and only after he has lost what he held dear.

This arc sort of starts out similar to The Second Raid. Where TSR broke down Sousuke's character and put it back together again, Sigma begins by pulling Kaname down. Angel, as it turns out,
has quite the superiority complex, however temporarily. Kaname gives in to Leonard's taunts a lot more quickly than Sousuke does Gauron's, but the flip side is that Kaname is just a regular person, and Leonard has already been spitting some fierce game at her.

In a more generalized sense, though, everything that happens from here on out will tear Kaname further from the girl we met at the opening of the series, and test just how far Sousuke and Kaname are willing to go to be OTP. There's also the fun of seeing a, shall we say, darker side to Sousuke? He's hurt a civilian, cheered as a helicopter gunned a man in twain, and now has
tased Kaname, while saying with not just a little foreshadowing, that he'd let the world be destroyed if it meant saving her.

wonzo

Banned
Soredemo 12-19.5

I must say the anime did a faaaaaaaaaaar better job with the afterlife story as it gave us more time and allowed us to become more familiar with the townsfolk and seeing their reactions to Hotori's death really helped make it a far more emotionally impactful and touching scene, especially the
maths teachers reaction when he slumps in the chair and starts bawling as he goes through her old answer sheets and sees the little smiley star for her answer ;___________;.
This is still a pretty amazing read though.

Bleh I still haven't managed to pick up blood-lad 2 yet. Hopefully I'll find 2&3 during the weekend.

Or just use amazon I guess.
I find BookDepository tends to ship stuff way before the official release date, sometimes even a month before (though it's rare).

Reknoc

I find BookDepository tends to ship stuff way before the official release date, sometimes even a month before (though it's rare).

Ah, right thanks. From the looks of it there's not too much of a saving in regards to price so I may bizarrely be better off going into town anyway haha. Especially since one of the stores here always has manga as 3 for 2.

edit: first book in the manga category: Avatar the Last Airbender. fake anime is now fake manga wiseblades plague spreads.

wonzo

Banned
Blade Play 25

pantsu note

Ah, right thanks. From the looks of it there's not too much of a saving in regards to price so I may bizarrely be better off going into town anyway haha. Especially since one of the stores here always has manga as 3 for 2.

edit: first book in the manga category: Avatar the Last Airbender. fake anime is now fake manga wiseblades plague spreads.
rip manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom