• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Punpun vol.7
Where Punpun becomes a triangle/pyramid
KQrgwrR.png
3Kv5AKG.png

This is getting crazy.

Qvoth

Shokugeki no Soma 24

Nice chapter, though obviously Tadokoro and Souma won't lose this.

i dunno man, it's kinda bullshit if they manage to win, i mean they make the school such a big deal with how difficult it is and all

i'd say souma and she will lose, but that glasses dude and the rest acknowledge enough of their skills to let them continue their study

Bleach v 46

Byakuya should have been in the fight instead of Hitsugaya, I would have wanted to see his shocked expression when Ichigo screamed out what they were doing. The gin portion of it with Ichigo fighting is hilarious as well as Aizen's comments to Isshin and Uruhara. Really the best volume since the Ulqiorra fight and then the Grimmjow one.

dumbyugi

i dunno man, it's kinda bullshit if they manage to win, i mean they make the school such a big deal with how difficult it is and all

i'd say souma and she will lose, but that glasses dude and the rest acknowledge enough of their skills to let them continue their study

This chapter set up the perfect excuse for them to win. Smug bastard is overconfident and made something of a lower class then he normaly would, so Souma and Tadokoro can beat him but the series can act like they didn't beat him at full power.

Shokugeki no Soma 24
tumblr_inline_mnigbh04cf1qz4rgp.png

Unfortunately cabbage is pretty disgusting so I didn't really feel for that dish at all. I definitely would have not liked it even with all he did to it. I would have rather he did have gone for one of his signature dishes, though that would probably have effectively meant for them to in no way compete since I doubt Tadokoro's dish is anything special. Regardless the magical scene was excellent especially the character in the top left, best part of it. And Shinomiya is excellent character design.

Akito

This chapter set up the perfect excuse for them to win. Smug bastard is overconfident and made something of a lower class then he normaly would, so Souma and Tadokoro can beat him but the series can act like they didn't beat him at full power.
They get expelled if they lose so it will be a draw but basically feel like a loss for smug face because he feels so superior to them. Battle manga 101 really.

El Sloth

Banned
did the two main characters finally get it on or???
That was a false flag! One of the main characters and a side character that thought they were :sdburton this whole time and was burning with jealousy!

Behold, the west's contribution to the garden:

ddrgngf.png

western moe

Stinky

Asano art is best appreciated in print form.

I just wish Punpun was in English..
english releases of I am a Hero and Punpun I would snatch up instantly

I'm just shocked that Gunerkrigg court is still going.

it finally dealt with Jones lol , plus there are still more stuff to go through.

Haven't kept up in a while.

That was a false flag! One of the main characters and a side character that thought they were :sdburton this whole time and was burning with jealousy!

Behold, the west's contribution to the garden:

ddrgngf.png

western moe

Yea saw that the gaf thread was updated with this pic. Looks like its time to catch up again

El Sloth

Banned
it finally dealt with Jones lol , plus there are still more stuff to go through.

Haven't kept up in a while.
He sure took forever with her. Just the nature of attempting to tell a large story solely through the webcomic format of 3 pages a week I suppose. Sorta wish he'd get picked up by a publisher.
Yea saw that the gaf thread was updated with this pic. Looks like its time to catch up again
gaf thread?!

Did the old one get revived or something?

He sure took forever with her. Just the nature of attempting to tell a large story solely through the webcomic format of 3 pages a week I suppose. Sorta wish he'd get picked up by a publisher.

gaf thread?!

It did take a while but I dug the explanation

Also gotta work with that page count and yes a publisher would be interesting though he may lose that control and have to spit them out based on their whims (I assume the bound volumes he does was mostly from his own pockets)

gaf thread?!

got bumped after all that time with someone posting this pic.

I actually saw it in my subscription page and was surprised as fuck lol

Akito

Bambino v1-15 (END)
I'd say this is probably the best cooking manga I've read so far if I hadn't such a soft spot for Yakitate Japan. It did need sometime to click with me because everything is so grounded for this manga, be it the setting, the characters or the cooking. It was pretty frustrating to see the MC screw up over and over and over again but when you suddenly realize that and how he got stronger and better precisely because of those mistakes, the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment is immense. The MC really had to start from zero and work his way up through hard work and determination, there are virtually no hax powers, magical ingredients or superhuman opponents involved, plot armors are kept to a minimum. But he does not only grow as a chef, he also gets developed throughout as a person, such a strong transformation for the better is quite rare. Even though he stands out from all other characters, they are no slouches either. The art is quite detailed but in a non flashy way which fits perfectly with the tone of the story. If I have to say something negative about the manga, then it has no real conclusion because there's a sequel which picks up right where the first series left off. And no one wanted to pick it up so far.

Kurita

Bambino v1-15 (END)
I'd say this is probably the best cooking manga I've read so far if I hadn't such a soft spot for Yakitate Japan. It did need sometime to click with me because everything is so grounded for this manga, be it the setting, the characters or the cooking. It was pretty frustrating to see the MC screw up over and over and over again but when you suddenly realize that and how he got stronger and better precisely because of those mistakes, the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment is immense. The MC really had to start from zero and work his way up through hard work and determination, there are virtually no hax powers, magical ingredients or superhuman opponents involved, plot armors are kept to a minimum. But he does not only grow as a chef, he also gets developed throughout as a person, such a strong transformation for the better is quite rare. Even though he stands out from all other characters, they are no slouches either. The art is quite detailed but in a non flashy way which fits perfectly with the tone of the story. If I have to say something negative about the manga, then it has no real conclusion because there's a sequel which picks up right where the first series left off. And no one wanted to pick it up so far.

hRTeQ.gif
hRTeQ.gif

Haven't read all the volumes but still

Otokogokoro 11
tumblr_mnihdiDWYm1qbxqfpo1_500.png

It had the magazine cover page and color page too. I hope it continues to do well of sorts as I wouldnt mind for it to get an anime or even a OAD or too. It would be a fun little slice of life series. The chapter premise on just broken glasses and Saki letting Jun take care of him for the day was pretty hilarious and sweet. All the little things really made it memorable and hilarious. Last panel for best panel.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bambino v1-15 (END)

Yep, definitely one of the best cooking manga out there.

EXsHoCp.jpg

Shokugeki no Soma 24

Still think the only way they win this is if the chef shows some pity and withdraws after tasting the dish.

Otherwise, the best they can hope for is a draw.

Black Lagoon 83

I was expecting Revy to shoot the girl during the chapter.

Aizo

Banned
That's not hard to accomplish. I wrote a thing about a guy from space with a giant robot who was living in Brooklyn and used said robot as a car when I was 10 and it's better than Fairy Tail.

EDIT: I'd like to note that Megas didn't come out til I was like 14 or whatever.

Color me intrigued. Please recount the whole tale for us?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Smut

The smut has really been toned down now that this shit is selling decently.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mahou Foodo 24:
Glad the reactions are diversifying.

How long until this becomes Yakitate, though?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
All Rounder Meguru
Teppu

That's about it I think. I don't really do sports outside of ES21.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Tadokoro

Love the magical cabbage :lol and that was a pretty tight orgasm for L there too.

I wouldn't put it past this manga to do another draw. I don't think we're at the "surprising outcomes" stage yet, it seems a bit further off, at least until after the Hunter Exam.
I also don't think it will ever go full Yakitate on us, but the reactions are definitely gonna get progressively crazier. What we've seen so far doesn't even scratch the surface.

By the way Hinako is still amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom