• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I never actually really thought about the fact that Naruto has never actually killed anyone. At the very least, I can't think of a single one. Unless you count Zetsus and people who are already dead (which I don't).

Zabuza killed himself; Haku was killed by Kakashi; Kakuzu was killed by Kakashi; Nagato killed himself.

Dresden

shokugeki no soma - 24

faux-L is a girl??? MIND BLOWN

lvz5JT9.png

I never actually really thought about the fact that Naruto has never actually killed anyone. At the very least, I can't think of a single one. Unless you count Zetsus and people who are already dead (which I don't).

Zabuza killed himself; Haku was killed by Kakashi; Kakuzu was killed by Kakashi; Nagato killed himself.

Do anime~only characters count?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I never thought about the face naruto has never killed anyone, odds are he won't by the end of this war either :X

They actually made a big deal about Sasuke not killing anyone for a while. Then he killed a bunch of people.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Most shonen protagonists are like that. Can't have role models be killing people.

Aizo

Banned
I've never read (besides the Nisekoi crossover) Haikyuu!!; what is it that you all like about it?

While I'm at it, is Food Smut just fun, or is it a quality series, too?

Kurita

Haikyuu!! is a pretty standard sports shounen tbh but it's really enjoyable. The main characters are quite likable, it's funny...
That's pretty much it. Easily my favourite WSJ manga at the moment.
And it's cool to have a manga about volleyball.

Angry Grimace

Most shonen protagonists are like that. Can't have role models be killing people.

I'm not sure its entirely intentional; Naruto's only unique jutsu is pretty much 100% lethal. In reality, Naruto killed Kakuzu with the Rasenshuriken. Kakashi only finished him off because he was dying slowly in agony. Its partially why a Sasuke/Naruto fight would never be particularly fair. Sasuke in certain circumstances would be willing to kill Naruto but Naruto wouldn't intentionally use the Rasenshuriken on Sasuke.

Food Smut is actually a nickname that put me off at first, but the Manga is really good.

When I coined that, it was pretty much nothing but smut and fanservice, in fairness. The author did a reasonable job turning it into something that's not actually annoying to read.

I've never read (besides the Nisekoi crossover) Haikyuu!!; what is it that you all like about it?

While I'm at it, is Food Smut just fun, or is it a quality series, too?

Haikyuu!! is pretty fun. It makes volleyball quite exciting and really focuses on the best part of sports. The duo type thing for each team as well as providing good focus on the other character not just the key players keeps it feeling fresh compared to other series in the genre. I also like it for the character designs for a variety of other reasons I wont detail.

I wish they release Nekoma merchandise hm and even Datekou and Karasuno, wouldnt mind sporting my favorite teams.

Shokugeki no Soma is a quality series. Does well in balancing the key food and none food scenes well, could use more Takumi and Isshiki-senpai. Only issue is that its quite predictable.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm not sure its entirely intentional; Naruto's only unique jutsu is pretty much 100% lethal. In reality, Naruto killed Kakuzu with the Rasenshuriken. Kakashi only finished him off because he was dying slowly in agony. Its partially why a Sasuke/Naruto fight would never be particularly fair. Sasuke in certain circumstances would be willing to kill Naruto but Naruto wouldn't intentionally use the Rasenshuriken on Sasuke

Its intentional. Even if Naruto effectively kills someone, what matters is who actually murders the person. And most shonen heroes will never murder a person. There are a few exceptions obviously, but overall there is an intentional push to keep their hands clean. See: Edward Elric, Adult Goku, Luffy, Naruto, etc. Ichigo use to count too before he killed the fullbringer dude.

Aizo

Banned
Kangoku Gakuen Vol. 1

It is sort of fun, but pretty smutty. Does it really become award winning material? I was looking forward to it since it is written by Hiramoto Akira, mangaka behind Ore to Akuma Blues, but it doesn't seem like his style of writing at all...

Akito

Kangoku Gakuen Vol. 1

It is sort of fun, but pretty smutty. Does it really become award winning material? I was looking forward to it since it is written by Hiramoto Akira, mangaka behind Ore to Akuma Blues, but it doesn't seem like his style of writing at all...
It stays pretty much the same, either you like it immediately or you don't.

Its intentional. Even if Naruto effectively kills someone, what matters is who actually murders the person. And most shonen heroes will never murder a person. There are a few exceptions obviously, but overall there is an intentional push to keep their hands clean. See: Edward Elric, Adult Goku, Luffy, Naruto, etc. Ichigo use to count too before he killed the fullbringer dude.

But we've already seen him "alive" in the soul society.

Stinky

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";59769613]The official English localization of GTO is the gold standard of all manga translation. If someone else posts that they're looking for scans of GTO ever again I'm gonna go to their house and shit in their mailbox.[/QUOTE]

But you cant GET them, theyre out of print (Tokyopop lol).

I guess there are fairly cheap used copies floating around though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom