• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

I don't care about most of what happened but I'm glad Komamura is actually getting some development.

Usually i would hate if a chapter flips between characters like that, but everyone is getting a development so i did not mind since we are getting somewhere with these characters. I liked how humbled Hitsugaya got to be honest, usually he´s a little arrogant prick. And Ichigo´s hollow returned. Hollow Ichigo is Zangetsu after all.

Naruto

FJplV4U.png

Bleach

Character development is always nice. Dat huge dog.

smurfx

get some go again
naruto

at this point kishimoto is just trying to end this manga and doesn't give a fuck if the story goes to hell. wonder if the manga will reach air gear sorta nonsense by the end.

next chapter we will find out that Madara is a good guy inside and he too wants to be Hokage
manga will end with all of them laughing it up and eating ramen.

Bleach

Oh yeah nice start to the chapter. Its only been one day which is crazy enough. This arc with Isshin went by so fast.

Ichigo coming back to the Royal Palace and then having all the Asauchi bow to him. They were all colored Black which was sick and then that one Asauchi that Ichigo chose turns out to have a hollow mask. SICK!

Random mook talking about Hitsugaya lol. Then said person appears and start training after realizing that Bankai isn't going to help him with it gone.

Shuuhei's development was good. I would love to see his Bankai after seeing how badass his Shikai is in the manga and anime.

Ending the chapter on Komamura was a nice surprise. Also lol at the big Dog/Fox.

Knew Yamamoto from the looks of things so that should be some nice development.

No One Piece, Naruto went full retard, and Bleach actually had fast pacing.

The ball is in Fairy Tail's court, can Mashima take the title of King after Kishi's surprise upset?

LeleSocho

Banned
I'll just ask...
What people were expecting with naruto's chapter or to put this better, what people were expecting when sasuke and naruto met?

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
The final battle will be a battle royale between Obito, Orochimaru, Sauce and Naruto to determine who gets to be Hokage.
lol :D
Pain should have been final villain after him everything sucks IMO such a waste

deaths don't mean anything anymore with edo tensei/dragon balls around.
yeah we may even see in future that there is a secret uchiha item possibly an uchiha dildo with a sharingan on it that can bring back sage of sixth path to life

Stulaw

Naruto
I see everyone reacting like this
bestreactionm.jpg

But I loved it despite the bad English translation. It's like everyone on ManGAF wants to be disappointed and always will be.

Bleach
So everyone's going to get stronger (again) and we'll finally find out Komamura's origins.

KingJ2002

Bleach:

Great Chapter! I like how bleach is developing it's characters in this arc. I'm curious about what that big dog brings to the table... and Shuuhei's bankai might be epic.

Naruto:

The gang is all here... Team 7 is back (curious about Sakura's real power as well)... and the 4th is the best hokage confirmed. LOL @ Sasuke wanting to become Hokage

Naruto 631

That Hinata trolling stings badly.

Thankfully, Minato was here with the remedy created by his swag radiating from the chapter.

Naruto and Sasuke standing beside each other was just a great scene all-around. Can't wait for those combination attacks when they start fighting together.

It's pretty much just episodic adventures, so that's not surprising. No grand arcs like the humongous shounen series, and given how Inuyasha turned out that was probably for the best.

Never read Inuyasha, only watched a bit of the anime when I was younger. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.

Ranma isn't about the progress man. It's about fun hijinks.

It'd be still nice if there was some overarching storyline. It's cool though, it's better that she focused on the manga's strengths.

Eusis

Never read Inuyasha, only watched a bit of the anime when I was younger. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.
I just watched a chunk of it and read up on what happened. Maybe it's missing the point (the individual adventures?) but it seemed like it just dragged itself out for the sake of dragging out.

Tamanon

Banned
Naruto

Man, Kishi must want to wrap this thing up in a couple months. Suddenly throwing Team 7 back together is just weird.

Bleach

Interesting to cut between the captains and lieutenants. Loved Ichigo back with the Asauchi.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bleach

Holy what Bleach pacing. Sometimes the author just gets impatient and speeds things up. The transitions at the very beginning could have been less awkward though.

Very interesting chapter however. Very.

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach

Seems like Kubo now really wants to clear everything up and wants no mysteries left, so now we get to know what the hell Komamura is. Liked it.

The Sword thingys bowing before Ichigo was badass.

Naruto

I'm still not sure I read that.

One Piece

Oh man Oda has to watch his health, he clearly doesn't want his Manga to live longer than himself, that would suck.

He should change his lifestyle a little bit, hope he gets better soon

grandjedi6

Naruto

da Fuck Kishimoto? Its like he's decided that the last decade of chapters is null and void and that we're all going back to everyone's Part 1 personalities.

• Sasuke is now a good guy and wants to be hokage (wut)
  • Ino and Sakura are going all schoolgirl over him again
  • Hinata is already getting cheated on (lolz). And whats with her silent stares throughout the chapter? Has she regressed too?
  • Sakura suddenly cares about being seen as a weak woman, as if she isn't in the Naruto universe?
  • Madara is suddenly not much of a threat and content on letting his lover slowly plan out a counterattack?
  • Team 7 exists?!

This must have been the chapter Kishimoto wanted to write 10 years ago and he was determined to write it, plot progression and character development be damned!

It actually kinda reminds me of how awkwardly out of place the final Harry Potter chapter felt.

Akito

Naruto
I didn't even bother to comment about the last chapters but let me do that for this one real quick

ibs0U29Hm2g7Iv.gif

Still don't care for Bleach

Oh, and I see the Manganews Twitter is back.

wonzo

Banned
Anamorphosis by Shintaro Kago

Now, I haven't read anywhere near as much of Kago's stuff as I should but I really do doubt any of them can top this. The ending to this completely blew my mind like nothing else has ever blown my mind before thanks to the sheer absurdity and how completely out of left field it was. This is a true masterpiece and every single person in this thread should read it. Period.

oh and the shorts at the end were pretty funny

Bleach 538

Goddamn, I am hype as fuck for Hisagi's Bankai.

Anything less than a grim reaper outfit/cloak with a badass scythe will be a disappointment.

Akito

Now, I haven't read anywhere near as much of Kago's stuff as I should've but I really do doubt any of them can top this. The ending to this Anamorphosis series completely blew my mind like nothing else has ever blown my mind before thanks to the sheer absurdity and how completely out of left field it was. This is a true masterpiece and every single person in this thread should read it. Period.

Read Fraction. It may not blow your mind as much as it did mine but it's in a pretty similar vein to Anamorphosis.

Sasuke

The main character wants to be hokage sounds about right

Bleach

If we're gonna waste time on him he better actually do something in round two against the Quincy and not just job hard.

Now, I haven't read anywhere near as much of Kago's stuff as I should but I really do doubt any of them can top this. The ending to this completely blew my mind like nothing else has ever blown my mind before thanks to the sheer absurdity and how completely out of left field it was. This is a true masterpiece and every single person in this thread should read it. Period.

looks great. I'll give it a try.

grandjedi6

Naruto

Okay guys, I got it. This is all Kishimoto pulling a Kubo and in reality Naruto and everyone else is already under the hypnosis. Except for Kakashi and Obito who were pulled to the other world beforehand. So that means that they.....

Ah who am I kidding.

Akito

Naruto

Okay guys, I got it. This is all Kishimoto pulling a Kubo and in reality Naruto and everyone else is already under the hypnosis. Except for Kakashi and Obito who were pulled to the other world beforehand. So that means that they.....

Ah who am I kidding.
It's the only way to redeem this shit, i.e. he won't do it.

Bleach

First two pages would have been funny in a different context but they didn't fit that well here. Upside is, no wasted time on Ichigo trying to go back. Rest was pretty good. A few points:

- The asauchi he "chose"... this will 100% be picked up again at a later point.
- Seeing Hitsugaya humbled and coping with the loss of his Bankai was cool.
- I wonder who else has a Bankai besides Shuuhei. Also Muguruma is rocking the most badass look right now.
- Komamura visiting that huge-ass dog just reminds me that I still have no idea what kind of creature he actually is.

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto F-

Word can't describe how awful this chapter was.

- Sasuke wants to become Hokage...
- Minato has Kyuubi Mode...

Overall garbage dialogue.

Kishi must have been drunk when he made this chapter. Terrible.

Edit: I think I'm done with Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom