• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonafunu

Bleach

Why the fuck did all the Asauchi kneel for Ichigo? Now that he knows his past, he's the king all of a sudden?

I'm liking the character development and faster pace in this chapter. I'm actually looking forward to the next one.

After reading the Mangastream version, his remark about Sakura seems like referring to her as the obvious friend whose also a girl.

JjSbQSx.png

I'm probably wrong though, since I'm not sure whose closer to the original.

Considering Minato's comment and Sakura's subsequent reaction, it's really hard to not interpret Naruto's words as "Yeah, she's my girlfriend."

Which adds credit that despite it being a long while since explicitly stated, he STILL has romantic feelings for her.

The whole hand holding thing back in 615? lol, irrelevant, now.

Naruto

Sasuke: I want to become Hokage

Everyone: No ass, you're a criminal!

I had to read the page twice to see if he really uttered that nonsense. I hope he serves prison time or is actually punished for the crimes he committed. No hand slapping

Bleach:

Err I'm confused as to the whole zanpakuto scene. He came there fully understanding what he is and thus he was able to fully understand their feelings?

Mengetsu

Naruto

After lurking this thread for years and reading/watching this series since the beginning all I can officially post in here and say Shonen mode activate! I saw this coming and I knew Sasuke was going to redeem himself some how before the end of this series. It is coming to a close and it's been a hell of a ride. I got my favorite written character in this series out of all of this and I am grateful for all this series had brought to me.

Uchiha Itachi you died for our sins

Naruto

After lurking this thread for years and reading/watching this series since the beginning all I can officially post in here and say Shonen mode activate! I saw this coming and I knew Sasuke was going to redeem himself some how before the end of this series. It is coming to a close and it's been a hell of a ride. I got my favorite written character in this series out of all of this and I am grateful for all this series had brought to me.

It's not exactly ending soon though.

Considering Minato's comment and Sakura's subsequent reaction, it's really hard to not interpret Naruto's words as "Yeah, she's my girlfriend."

Which adds credit that despite it being a long while since explicitly stated, he STILL has romantic feelings for her.

I won't comment about Minato but Sakura's "Don't give him the wrong idea" reaction is consistent with her usual personality.

I do agree he probably still has feelings for her.

It makes for a wonderful part of the cover though.

No matter how much DTL hates it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Oh it's not that which I'm most upset about.

It's the whole "Hey, I'm Sakura, and I'm going to lie to Naruto's face and try to take advantage of his feelings for me because I'm an insensitive bitch." routine where she tried to convince him that she no longer cared about sasuke and REALLY was in love with him!

What a cunty thing to do.

(personally, I took Naruto's comment + the subsequent punch as just one of your typical manga comedy moments, not as something to take seriously. I still believe in Naruhina!)

It feels like Kishimoto just cut through a few months worth of chapters though. We got the Hokage arriving, the hokage putting a plan into motion, Minato going kurama-mode all in one chapter. Each of those could have been a stopping point or theme of a chapter.

We also got Sasuke's arrival, the reunion of the Konoha 11 (wait, Neji's dead), erm, the konoha 10 (Where the heck were ten ten and rock lee? And Guy-sensei for that matter), well, eight of the konoha 11, and the stand-off of team 7 ready to fight together once again.

About the only things that didn't happen were Obito and Kakashi coming out (wait, that sounds wrong) and Orochimaru + Sasuke's groupies arriving on the scene.

A few complaints I have:
1. Minato getting kurama-mode. He died right after sealing half of kurama in naruto and half in himself (and his "spirit" in naruto). Based on our understanding of death in Naruto from other people summoned by the Edo-tensai, the most recent memories Minato should have are fighting kurama, and taming kurama after naruto almost broke the complete seal against Pain. Otherwise, time has passed in the blink of an eye without him being conscious of it, like being put under for surgery if you've ever had that experience. In other words, there was no time for him to figure out how to harness, manipulate, control, or master kurama's power.

2. No indication of what Orochimaru and sasuke's groupies are doing. I have no idea what kishi has in mind, but whether it's to have orochimaru end up as the big baddie (somehow stepping in and stealing the infinite tsukuyomi plan for himself to gain the knowledge of a god), or having him turn good and arrive on the scene with tsunade, I don't like it. Orochimaru has been an asshole for the whole manga, and to suddenly have him reappear after hundreds of chapters, and to be a good guy, it's not believable. And he clearly doesn't hold a candle to obito, nagato, itachi, naruto, sasuke, madara, or the kage.

Plus, wasn't he knocking on death's door when he was sealed into the sword? Why is he 100% now? What happened to the whole 3 year limit thing?

GaimeGuy

3. Feels like Kishi just changed the direction he was going to go with Sasuke. Like, completely. Almost makes it look like he had Sasuke go evil just so he could write Sasuke off as a sidequest/side-character for the second half of the manga (since he originally was forced to create sasuke by his editors to provide naruto with a rival) and send hm off on his own adventures irrelevant to the central plot.

tri_willy

only plausible explaination for minato going kyuubi mode is that he has the other half (evil) of kyuubi's chakra, however going into that mode was rather convenient... kishi will pull out some bs hax that minato control the chakra whilst in the death god's stomach

GaimeGuy

only plausible explaination for minato going kyuubi mode is that he has the other half (evil) of kyuubi's chakra, however going into that mode was rather convenient... kishi will pull out some bs hax that minato control the chakra whilst in the death god's stomach

Speaking of which, shouldn't minato be duking it out with half of kurama in hell for all eternity? Along with the 3rd and Orochimaru's arms?

How come they're just like any other dead/sealed persons? :p

scy

Naruto 631 - OTL

Bleach 538 - Oh right, other people.

Kenichi 522 - Dead wife. Dead child. This got to be a downer fast.

Nana to Kaoru 91-93

The scenario created to make nana walk around in public with no panties was kinda contrived.

But I approve anyway.

To be fair, everything that happens is rather contrived :x

I'm building up another Nano to Kaoru stockpile. I just can't follow series week to week and enjoy them :<

The best way to do it. I don't think I could handle waiting for the next chapter in the middle of a breather ;__;

DarkMehm

No way is Naruto ending so soon, i give at least a year \ 50 more chapters to go .
In fact i can see it ending when the next movie is coming out to make it some sort of event .

It could go on for a year if he drags on the series like he used to. With the speed now it should be less than that, emphasis on should. We can never be sure with Kishi.

It could go on for a year if he drags on the series like he used to. With the speed now it should be less than that, emphasis on should. We can never be sure with Kishi.

That is true but Jump most likely going to have a hand it in if it goes over a year .
So it won't surprise me if we get some sort of flashback or time down arc to make things last longer .

The Madara panels are amazing:

DCMsBZz.jpg

Truly the face of someone who just realized that reality isnt living up to his 60 year old fantasy. Poor thing was just ignored by the man of his dreams.

A few complaints I have:
1. Minato getting kurama-mode. He died right after sealing half of kurama in naruto and half in himself (and his "spirit" in naruto). Based on our understanding of death in Naruto from other people summoned by the Edo-tensai, the most recent memories Minato should have are fighting kurama, and taming kurama after naruto almost broke the complete seal against Pain. Otherwise, time has passed in the blink of an eye without him being conscious of it, like being put under for surgery if you've ever had that experience. In other words, there was no time for him to figure out how to harness, manipulate, control, or master kurama's power.

the key thing is that Minato didn't get Nine tails, only its chakra. so he would never have to go through the taming process or the push and pull of it all. its just a huge chakra boost to him, so he already has control. with naruto the same chakra was always with the nine tails, but he got the form instantly the moment he took that chakra.

anyways, chapter was amazing.

Korosenai

So, ive only read the first volume of Naruto. Should I start reading it? What arc does it start turning to shit? Is it even worth my time?

Bleach:

Err I'm confused as to the whole zanpakuto scene. He came there fully understanding what he is and thus he was able to fully understand their feelings?

No, Ichigo didn't know the entire story behind his powers. When he came back, he now knew his hollow is part of him and that too has to be imprinted on the asauchi if he wanted them to accept him. They will not accept someone claiming to be something they aren't even if it's due to ignorance rather than denial.

So, ive only read the first volume of Naruto. Should I start reading it? What arc does it start turning to shit? Is it even worth my time?

Volume 1 to 16 were amazing in my opinion. 17 to 29 were solid, but then there is a noticeable drop in quality around volume 30. Volume 41 to 48 were the peak of the Manga in my opinion, with some of the most spetacular moments. The following volumes, 49 to 64, have unfortunately been mostly mediocre, sometimes even awful. The arc contained in volumes 41 to 48 could have been, with some alterations, a fantastic finale for the series. But the series went on, and now I doubt Kishi will ever create something that will surpass it.

Overall, as with other series, stick with it for a couple of volumes and see if you enjoy it. I wouldn't even bother reading it if I felt like reading became a chore.

Bleach

Kensei brought Hisagi tot he same place where Kensei saved him in TBTP.

The Asuchi were bowing to Ichigo because he is the king. If anyone can remember the speech between Ichigo and Hichigo and the Vizard training where Hichigo talked about a king and his horse. This is Hichigo accepting being a horse and bowing to the king of Ichigo´s inner world. Fucking genius.

Bleach:

A zampakto is a reflection of a shinigami´s soul. When Ichgio knew his origin he gained peace in his soul.

Naruto
Ugh, I can't lie. As much as I thought it was dumb that Sasuke did a full 180 and is now a "good guy" seeing Team Seven all back together for the first time in probably a decade brought a smile to my face

Naruto

This chapter just seems...surreal. A few chapter's worth of shizz went down in a few pages, and there where some weird and great character interactions. I understand why things have to move(gigantic ten-tailed beast in the background), but it makes things feel super-hyper-mega rushed. I feel like there should be a better way to have the same sequence of events occur while maintaining the sense of urgency and coherence. But hey, I'm not a writer. :/

And lol at dat Madara face.

Bleach

Now that i have finished reading the better translated version, the big dog must have gotten these injuries from Yamamoto. Komamura said that Yamamoto saved his life in the past. It could be he saved Komamura from the big dog.

Naruto 631

GIDD4hC.gif

I guess Naruto and Sakura forgot that their Sasuke-kun tried to kill her.

Then again, it's Naruto.

Bleach 538

I liked this mainly because of the Ichigo scenes.

Hitsugaya going to train was interesting.

LOL'd at Shuhei getting pissed at Kensei for calling Tousen a piece of shit. Really?

Forgot all about Komamura (as usual). That thing at the end is his master/mentor or something?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Sasuke: I want to become Hokage

Everyone: No ass, you're a criminal!

I had to read the page twice to see if he really uttered that nonsense. I hope he serves prison time or is actually punished for the crimes he committed. No hand slapping

Bleach:

In fairness, they really did have his entire family and extended family murdered.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naruto

Wow, that was utter shit. So horrible.

Bleach

Not much better. Everything that happened should have been a fast forward, no reason to take up an entire chapter when it could have been done in half the pages.

789shadow

Banned
Naruto

Okay, so basically this is just Fanservice: The Manga

Bleach

Suddenly, giant West Highland Terriers!

One Piece

Naruto

Wow, that was utter shit. So horrible.

Bleach

Not much better. Everything that happened should have been a fast forward, no reason to take up an entire chapter when it could have been done in half the pages.

Not really. That shit would've been cluttered to hell and back and would've been awful.

Bleach is not OP and it never will be.

The pacing is nowhere even close to as bad as it once was.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not really. That shit would've been cluttered to hell and back and would've been awful.

Bleach is not OP and it never will be.

The pacing is nowhere even close to as bad as it once was.

There's no reason this should have been an entire chapter, it felt completely wasted.

Village

Naruto

what even.... I called this years ago.

Alright, another prediction, shikamaru becomes hokage. After a very very long arc about the hokage selection process, going into weird details that should have been known earlier and will magically retcon how the village governments work. Shikmaru wins. And then there is some weird arc about love triangles.

I am calling this now.

( speaking of weird retcons, you remember the chunin thing, that makes no damn sense at all, why would only select such a minute group along with that, wouldn't villages hold their own chunin exams)

Bleach

Weird animal biology

IHaveIce

Banned
There's no reason this should have been an entire chapter, it felt completely wasted.

No it didn't. This manga is preparing for the end arc and now they want to show everything and what mysteries are left. Develop some characters and so on.

This was a good bleach chapter.

Korosenai

Volume 1 to 16 were amazing in my opinion. 17 to 29 were solid, but then there is a noticeable drop in quality around volume 30. Volume 41 to 48 were the peak of the Manga in my opinion, with some of the most spetacular moments. The following volumes, 49 to 64, have unfortunately been mostly mediocre, sometimes even awful. The arc contained in volumes 41 to 48 could have been, with some alterations, a fantastic finale for the series. But the series went on, and now I doubt Kishi will ever create something that will surpass it.

Overall, as with other series, stick with it for a couple of volumes and see if you enjoy it. I wouldn't even bother reading it if I felt like reading became a chore.
Cool, sounds good. I actually really liked volume 1, but then I read the reactions to Naruto in this thread and it makes it seem like its not worth it. Ill probably go on amazon and buy some of the 3 in 1's since theyre pretty cheap, and then see where it goes from there.

Really, now?

I just re-read it. There's absolutely no way, that could've been shortened and not impacted the chapter's quality of what it wanted to convey. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Panel-by-panel, page by page, give me a summary of what YOU would've done, cause I'm not buying that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom