• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

So characters like Wendy would theoretically be ok under it? I wonder what the details of this thing are.

Well Wendy's fanservice only amounts to panty shots right?

I'd imagine it would focus more on actually showing an underage character nude (like Super Interesting Darkness does).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
hmm I thought it was illegal to sell and buy child born but if you owned it than they can say anything about it. But I'm more than likely wrong cause I haven't researched this at all.

CP is already illegal, but the drawn stuff is fine. The idea is to ban the drawn stuff, but the bill is very very vague and could be used to ban things they weren't even looking at banning.

You're thinking of Lucy

I always get them mixed up.

Aizo

Banned
I will now read the last chapter of Reborn. Wish me luck.

You're going to need more than luck. I wish you extremely low expectations. I thought the last chapter made the whole series completely unnecessary and undermined every bit of progress that any of the characters made.
I did not like it.

DarkMehm

Hitman Reborn 409

Well, after all that hype about this chapter, I'm somewhat disappointed that it wasn't thaat bad. The last chapters actually didn't felt rushed at all, so she really wanted this ending and it isn't some form of early cancellation. It was somewhat apparent that Tsuna wouldn't want to be a mafia boss, because he said this the whole series. This is no reason though to give him no development at all in the end aside from having friends, that was lame. Overall still a bad ending.

The series as a whole was quite a ride, like a sinus curve. It started really bad being an episodic manga without any purpose and then got suddenly much better when there were big arcs. The Varia arc was probably the high point of Reborn. With the Future arc things got bad really fast and the upcoming arcs were quite solid again. Overall a solid manga with a bad ending. I would give it a 6.5/10.

Top 50 Oricon Best Selling Volumes for the first half of 2013
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2013/06/03/Top-Oricon-1ere-moitie-2013-Par-Volumes

Top 10 Oricon Best Selling Series for the first half of 2013
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2013/06/03/Top-Oricon-1ere-moitie-2013-Par-Series

People need to stop buying HxH, Togashi will never come back at this rate. It seems like the Magi anime has done its job but Kuroko and SnK should have overtaken it by year's end . We have some really promising newcomers in the form of Swagamoto, AC, Mix and Terra Formars.

Togashi with dat swag lol

not seeing that guy again until maybe December if we are lucky.

this OP gloom and doom is funny to see also.

DarkMehm

Now that I have completed Reborn I have many of the long mangas covered I think. But I'm exausted now and want to read more of the smaller series. I decided to kick out some longer manga from my to-read list. What would you kick out?

- InuYasha
- 3x3 Eyes
- Hayate the Combat Butler
- Gantz
- Air Gear

I want to kick out two (or maybe more).

I have read 66 Mangas to date and those accumulate to 9,552 chapters. That's 143 chapters per Manga, which is really high I think.

Now that I have completed Reborn I have many of the long mangas covered I think. But I'm exausted now and want to read more of the smaller series. I decided to kick out some longer manga from my to-read list. What would you kick out?

- InuYasha
- 3x3 Eyes
- Gantz
- Air Gear

I have read 66 Mangas to date and those accumulate to 9,552 chapters. That's 143 chapters per Manga, which is really high I think.

Why kick series out, just read a few smaller ones then go back to those later?

Akito

- InuYasha
- 3x3 Eyes
- Gantz
- Air Gear

There you go.

Monster Fin

Gripping to the very end, the only problem I have with it is the slow beginning. It takes 8 chapters for the plot to "start" and then the series faffs about for around another 30 before it really takes off. After that point it's a roller coaster of suspense that is one of the best I've ever read. Highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why don't they just write their anti CP law to not be super fucking vague. The thing is, they say they are bowing to pressure from foreign entities, e.g. the US but I've never read anything that was illegal in the first place. Fairy Tail is sold in the US. I doubt Super Interesting Darkness is, but that's just good taste.

DarkMehm

Why kick series out, just read a few smaller ones then go back to those later?

I have about 9 months left of University life and I don't know if I can read Manga in a serious fashion like this when I have a job, so I'm somewhat in a rush. I won't kick them out forever though. When I made some good progression I can still read one or two of them in the future, who knows.

Don't waste your time with Inuyasha.

Thanks. I liked Ranma, though and wanted to try some of the other series of Rumika.

There you go.

Thanks.

Well you always look like you're about to cry.
Womanly tears.
- InuYasha
- 3x3 Eyes ---> Awesome, read it
- Hayate the Combat Butler I never found it very funny
- Gantz --> you can read it for the drawings or the HSQ of the battles, but apart from that it's been kind on a downhill
- Air Gear --> Oh Great manga, so it means it has good drawings, a great start and an unbeliveably batshit insane and confusing plot

The FAIRY TAIL mangaka says that if the new CP bill passes:

-He'll close Natsu's vest.
-Gray can't be shirtless
-He'll cut out sexy scenes with female characters
-He'll have Wendy dropout
-No more bathing suits and bath scenes.

And he says offending tankobons and manuscripts will have to be disposed of.
https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/341080365601009665

Looks like that's it for Fairy Tail.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Take loli crap Mavis with you.

exarkun

Sket Dance 242
Oh, another Switch off tales ! Let's have some manly tears again !

Switch is my favorite character in that series by farrrr. Though I like the whole cast. The fact that he's voiced by Gintama-bro in the anime just makes it better. And I kind of love that he has such a sad backstory!

upandaway

I'll read all of the chapters of one of your manga recommendations
except Hayate no Gotoku
without complain to make it up to you :)
I don't accept this apology! Instead, recommend me something you like that I can say I don't like. That'll make me feel a lot better.

I won't forgive you if it's something good

Soredemo 5

I wanna live in a world where I can just shout weird things in public and random passengers will tsukkomi in perfect sync :lol

Switch is my favorite character in that series by farrrr. Though I like the whole cast. The fact that he's voiced by Gintama-bro in the anime just makes it better. And I kind of love that he has such a sad backstory!
Well it's kind of dark (for the series) when you think a little about it
it's bad enough that he feels responsible for his little brother's death and that he's so consumed with grief
that his coping mecanism is to shed his own persona to reincarnate his brother's, it's not living your life for two, it's borderline psychosis...all the while all the characters in school find his personality quirky and weird
I don't accept this apology! Instead, recommend me something you like that I can say I don't like. That'll make me feel a lot better.

I won't forgive you if it's something good
Akumetsu ? :d

Unlike Ranma, Inuyasha actually has a really good ending. It's definitely on the long side, and it drags in places, but I think it's worth checking out. There's some really good stuff in Inuyasha early on, and the characters and world are pretty well realized. The series could probably stand to lose 100 chapters along the way, but I still genuinely enjoyed it, and several moments later on were very emotional.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why don't they just write their anti CP law to not be super fucking vague. The thing is, they say they are bowing to pressure from foreign entities, e.g. the US but I've never read anything that was illegal in the first place. Fairy Tail is sold in the US. I doubt Super Interesting Darkness is, but that's just good taste.

It's just an excuse to go censor things that they don't approve of. There's no foreign pressure that I've seen other than us going "lol Japan" every now and again. The bill's vague because a bunch of old prudes don't like certain things so everyone else can't have them. If they were serious they'd have a focused bill, this is just an excuse to go on a witch hunt.

Unlike Ranma, Inuyasha actually has a really good ending. It's definitely on the long side, and it drags in places, but I think it's worth checking out. There's some really good stuff in Inuyasha early on, and the characters and world are pretty well realized. The series could probably stand to lose 100 chapters along the way, but I still genuinely enjoyed it, and several moments later on were very emotional.

Agreed.

- InuYasha
- 3x3 Eyes
- Gantz
- Air Gear

Read Vinland Saga and Soul Eater. For the love of god don´t read air gear.

Tsuna did not change at all, which was shit. Besides even though he did not want to be a mafia boss, he was still the defacto mafia boss since he was acting in the family´s name and using the family´s weapons. Not to mention that he becomes a boss in the future.

Tsuna was a mafia boss, he just refuse to admit it.

Time to get back to Eyeshield 21, just going to start over from the beginning cause I'm not sure exactly where I left off last time I read it.

Kurita

Time to get back to Eyeshield 21, just going to start over from the beginning cause I'm not sure exactly where I left off last time I read it.

hRTeQ.gif

The manga-store tenant wouldn't let me buy Step Up Love Story volumes
when I was 12 lol

I was pissed at him but when I think about it now, it was maybe the right thing to do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom