• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Tower of God

Does the writing of this story ever stop feeling like a god damn video game? Oohh, weapons, levels, hidden modes, ranks, tests, boss battles, etc. Plus these exposition dumps really aren't fun to read.

I think some of the photoshop filters are interesting, but when they clash with the bad characters art, it starts looking awkward.

One-Punch Man 18
tumblr_mnukt7JkSn1qbxqfpo1_500.png

At times its tough being a Genos fan as the stuff Saitama does makes me feel bad for Genos and all he has to go through for his master, but at least Saitama is easily persuaded. I wonder if Sonic can be brought along on their side as his arrival there was really great. I think Genos > Sonic > Saitama. Though not to say Saitama is bad as the above panel is his best dialogue moment.

survivor

Banned
Kiss Wood 1-5

Visually creative and for once a webtoon that tries to do something more with the colouring and the art instead of just being some generic digitalized garbage. The fantasy/dream world is great and the mystery setup is at least promising. Looking forward to read more.

Nope, that's pretty much the whole thing.
That's very disappointing to hear.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kiss Wood 1-5

Visually creative and for once a webtoon that tries to do something more with the colouring and the art instead of just being some generic digitalized garbage. The fantasy/dream world is great and the mystery setup is at least promising. Looking forward to read more.

That's very disappointing to hear.

Yes, the art stays pretty good. I also like that the main character is an old ass dude. So rare in manga and man hwa.

The problem there was that your metaphors are often far less intelligible than you think they are. I brought up your latter point to Big One once and he argued something along the lines that there's no such thing as a difference in storytelling standards based on the target demographic.

I'm still struggling with the underlying themes of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

Disgaea 3: School of Devils Vol. 01

dONgWzol.jpg

Not bad. I definitely like what the mangaka choose to adapt and not adapt from the main story. It does cut off lots of what I felt were pretty boring parts (I'm looking at you Heart Bank) and makes a lot more of the events more active and exciting to read. We get a pool chapter, a battle royale chapter and a maid!

Aizo

Banned
Yes, the art stays pretty good. I also like that the main character is an old ass dude. So rare in manga and man hwa.

I'm not trying to be a smartass, although it may appear that way, but I believe manhwa is transliterated as one word because it's &#47564;&#54868; with no spaces.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm not trying to be a smartass, although it may appear that way, but I believe manhwa is transliterated as one word because it's &#47564;&#54868; with no spaces.

Hmmm, researching it a bit more it seems that you're right. Didn't know the korean language uses spaces. Too used to japanese and chinese not using spaces.

Centaur no nayami 33

Holy shit at the french race being frogs.

Aizo

Banned
Hmmm, researching it a bit more it seems that you're right. Didn't know the korean language uses spaces. Too used to japanese and chinese not using spaces.

Korean is much easier than Japanese (it also helps if you know Japanese because Korean grammar and sentence structure are very similar to Japanese grammar and sentence structure!).

Disgaea 3: School of Devils Vol. 01

http://i.imgur.com/dONgWzol.jpg[/IG]

Not bad. I definitely like what the mangaka choose to adapt and not adapt from the main story. It does cut off lots of what I felt were pretty boring parts (I'm looking at you Heart Bank) and makes a lot more of the events more active and exciting to read. We get a pool chapter, a battle royale chapter and a maid![/QUOTE]

Was Almaz in the pool chapter?! (hes part of my dream disgaea team, Kurtis, Almaz, Emizel, Mao, Laharl, all three skulls, Axel)

Village

Hey Manga gaf.

Have you ever read a manga, and while to a varying extent you do care about to the characters and what is going on with them , but you care about one character above all else. So when that character essentially settles all their issues, the manga is kind of over for you.

Stinky

REAL v1-6

Wow.

Nomiya is supposed to be the main character, and I guess Togawa by extension..but man is Hisanobu's story good. He starts of as a punk ass bitch and you after the accident he is still a stubborn jerk, but its hard not to sympathise.

Hey Manga gaf.

Have you ever read a manga, and while to a varying extent you do care about to the characters and what is going on with them , but you care about one character above all else. So when that character essentially settles all their issues, the manga is kind of over for you.

Thats very rare but yeah sometimes. Through by that time you want to finish the manga since character settles their issues near the end.

Like Naruto for example, I only really care about Sasuke's end now but since that is connected to the end so I have to finish the manga.

Akito

Claymore 139
Enough with the padding already Yagi, do we really need 3 separate fights against 3 AOs again, just bring the awakened Miata to the Cassandra fight, will ya? No one cares about the fodder Claymores or the city.
Also what, Neo Riful can absorb Pris' regeneration energy now? &#3232;_&#3232;

Hey Manga gaf.

One Piece for me, if Zoro, Luffy, Ace, Sanji arent in panel then I just dont care about the story. Same for attack on titan, if Eren, Jean, Armin, Rivaillearent there then I dont care for whats happening.

Village

One Piece for me, if Zoro, Luffy, Ace, Sanji arent in panel then I just dont care about the story. Same for attack on titan, if Eren, Jean, Armin, Rivaillearent there then I dont care for whats happening.

Thats very rare but yeah sometimes. Through by that time you want to finish the manga since character settles their issues near the end.

Like Naruto for example, I only really care about Sasuke's end now but since that is connected to the end so I have to finish the manga.

The reason I bring this up, I had been talking to a friend. She wonders when they will show the 2nd part of the inu yasha anime.

I had read that manga, since kikyo a horrible person just reincarnated into a worse person. And everyone else were just alright. I ended up liking seshomoru because dude bro had a character arc. And when he won essentally, got his arm back virgil sword , the strongest person in the manga. I didn't see any point in reading.

Well this manga is already " eh" and the best thing in it just got closure.... can I go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom