• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60974197]I was being a smartass because that wasn't my point. Shonen sucks because it's always sucked. It's made for little kids and nobody noticed because they're all complaining to each other about how it doesn't meet storytelling standards or whatever. It doesn't need saving because it was dead to begin with.[/QUOTE]

The problem there was that your metaphors are often far less intelligible than you think they are. I brought up your latter point to Big One once and he argued something along the lines that there's no such thing as a difference in storytelling standards based on the target demographic.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There is no context. She is a college age girl who has no idea what premature ejaculation is or what a condom is.

... Wow. No wonder it's called "A Town Where You RAGE". There's no excuse for someone that stupid to exist.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have known people like that in real life, they have no sexual experience.

I've known people like that, but they're usually reclusive to a serious fault. I know a girl who is straight up afraid of men and she's 28; I'm sure she still knows what a condom/premature ejaculation is, though.

Its particularly dumb because we weren't presented that Yuzuki was ever that level of dumb.

Greetings Mangagaf I'm a long time lurker and my account has finally been approved. I met some of you during last weeks Toonamigaf run but I just wanted to reintroduce myself for the rest of the people I haven't met. Anyway here is my list:
Currently reading: One Piece, Naruto, One Punch Man, Nana to Karuo, Yamada, and Idol Pretender
Wanting to get caught up on: Bleach, Fairy Tail, Toriko, Gintama (I'm not sure if Gintama is still running), and Nisekoi.

Hoping to joy in on all the weekly madness :)

DarkMehm

It's not even panels like these that make you really rage in KNIM. It's Harutos dumb actions, especially between the chapters 70-140. I really raged quite often during those chapters.

Kurita

Greetings Mangagaf I'm a long time lurker and my account has finally been approved. I met some of you during last weeks Toonamigaf run but I just wanted to reintroduce myself for the rest of the people I haven't met. Anyway here is my list:
Currently reading: One Piece, Naruto, One Punch Man, Nana to Karuo, Yamada, and Idol Pretender
Wanting to get caught up on: Bleach, Fairy Tail, Toriko, Gintama (I'm not sure if Gintama is still running), and Nisekoi.

Gintama is still running.

Welcome...You should pick up World Trigger, Shokugeki no Soma, as well as Code Breaker.

cp74y.png

Still not as bad as the fujoshi that never masturbated in Aunt Tits.

upandaway

HEY THERE Thato-man welcome! I don't see HxH in your list. Please read and/or watch Hunter x Hunter.

I, um, well. Y'know. I can't really say this any better.

There are plenty of chicks that have never done the solo-tango.
Being a fujoshi is sort of a big variable in how silly it was.

I mean fujoshi. It's in the definition.

Maron

I thought the story would just logically end before chapters 180 or so.

We got signals that Komi was doing his best to stretch it out when he pretty much ditched the original keyhole thing, which was such a huge plotpoint in the earlier chapters that there was literally nothing he could do but reveal the secret or have everyone forget about it for a while.

Angry Grimace

Maron

...I thought this covered sex, not random fanservice.

Besides, Lucy has been 17 for like 6 years. The only character who's particularly young is Wendy, and its gross that there's Wendy fanservice in the first place.

Dude's being dramatic as *fuck*.

Makes me wonder what'll happen with the fifth OVA that's due to ship in a few days. It adapts the fanservicey Chapter 298 and features all of the characters in bathing suits.

Is he saying that this has now passed or that it likely will pass? At least he went out with that Natsu-Lucy gropefest, I'm sure he'll be proud of that for years to come.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Makes me wonder what'll happen with the fifth OVA that's due to ship in a few days. It adapts the fanservicey Chapter 298 and features all of the characters in bathing suits.

Is he saying that this has now passed or that it likely will pass.

It hasn't passed yet to my knowledge

Angry Grimace

It hasn't passed yet to my knowledge

Its probably going to get tabled yet again. It gets brought up every year and then gets tabled for whatever reason. Besides, I'm not entirely sure why this is a "fanservice elimination" bill as opposed to just not allowing explicit child sex, which I've never actually even seen in a manga or anime.

Kusagari

The bill itself sounded pretty vague.

I could see something like Super Interesting Darkness getting removed under it.

Fairy Tail I don't see how it would matter.

Maron

So characters like Wendy would theoretically be ok under it? I wonder what the details of this thing are.

Angry Grimace

From what I heard, it was one of those slippery slopes in the wording that people are upset about, e.g. it *could* be used to ban Super Interesting Darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom