• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mann vs. Machine (Team Fortress 2 Co-Op) |OT| Robot Parade

Proven

So, fastest way to down a tank?

I usually just punch it, while an engineer's level 3 turret does do some good damage. There was a situation where the tank got to the bomb site, and was unloading, before we just killed it.
You get an achievement for that!

Krit Heavy and Krit Demoknight are actually the two I've seen do the most damage. Have a Medic charging Kritz really fast and he can allow one class to easily do it all himself.

Jintor

Demoknight is fluffing INSANE

what do you guys think is more important at the beginning, damage resistance to collect those sweet sweet coins or damage output?

chixdiggit

Love the new co-op mode. What's the general consensus on the items you get from Mann up mode? Also, I wish I could just buy 6 tickets without having to put $10 in my wallet.

I usually just punch it, while an engineer's level 3 turret does do some good damage. There was a situation where the tank got to the bomb site, and was unloading, before we just killed it.

kritz Pyro can do a huge amount of damage to tanks. My team in MannUp mode last night did very well with that strategy.

Love the new co-op mode. What's the general consensus on the items you get from Mann up mode? Also, I wish I could just buy 6 tickets without having to put $10 in my wallet.

The cosmetics are random, you aren't guaranteed one. The only guarantee is if you win all 6 MannUp missions you get a botkiller weapon, which is just a stock weapon with a little keychain of a Heavy Bot's head on it.

The cosmetics range from awesome (the Pyro backpack, the Demoman batteries) to kind of lame (the Soldier helmet). I have the Pyro backpack and love it

Are upgrades persistent between matches?

if you mean:

1.) Do you keep upgrades as you complete a mission and go to the next?

the answer is no.

2.) Are the upgrade options the same for a given class in every mission?

the answer is yes.

3.) Do you keep upgrades from wave to the next wave while in the same mission?

the answer is yes.

You get an achievement for that!

Krit Heavy and Krit Demoknight are actually the two I've seen do the most damage. Have a Medic charging Kritz really fast and he can allow one class to easily do it all himself.
nothing does damage like a max damage level, critting Loch N Load. Except a sentry, of course. It's just stupid good.

Beat that CPU Invasion(Advanced2) with a good team. Got slaughtered on CtrlAltDel(Advanced) with another team. Hit and miss with the players. Pretty small wait for the matchmaking now. Also, GAF servers are always full. Back to moving lol

what do you guys think is more important at the beginning, damage resistance to collect those sweet sweet coins or damage output?

with me in the team, it's always A+.

I'm a scout always in the first line of the attack.

duckroll

Depends on the class I think. For the heavy hitters I think damage output is definitely more important, and health can be recovered by having a well placed Dispenser and/or medics. For money grabbing having a Scout in the party helps a ton.

Javaman

Yeah, we managed to kill one as the bomb was already falling last night, quite the tense moment and were happily surprised when we still won the round.

Mann up makes for some amazingly intense matches.

Shit is going to add years to TF2's already incredible lifespan. More missions guaranteed to come = many great moments.

Every other game is just unplayably laggy, yuck.

But in worthier ponderences, are there any recipes that use a canteen? I made the boneheaded mistake of making one and then I found out you get one for completing a mission.

Javaman

Mann up makes for some amazingly intense matches.

Shit is going to add years to TF2's already incredible lifespan. More missions guaranteed to come = many great moments.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to custom bot spawn charts now, along with tweaking of their strength to allow more players. Highlander in mvm would be amazing!

It was quite the eye opener to go through 500 or 600 eng ammo and a full level 3 dispenser's worth of ammo on a single wave trying to keep the sentry up and running. With the +30% fire rate and the wrangler's boosted fire rate your sentry can chew through the mini gun ammo in seconds. I never come close to running out of rockets though. It does seem like overall its better to skip the wrangle unless you need to target specific enemies or ones out of range and focus on just keeping it loaded jup. The loss of firing during the wrangle cool down really hurts on the crazier waves. It def helps to have a second eng loading ammo while you fire untill his sentry starts firing. Here's a minor exploit for the sentry...when the wrangle cool down happens, pick up and drop the sentry real quick. It'll build back up immediately, faster than the wangler cool down. It's kinda situational though since you'll probably be needing to reload at the time.

Haven't played TF2 since I dallied with it via the Orange Box. I love coop though so I reinstalled it on Steam.

Since I've basically forgotten everything I ever knew about playing (and that wasn't much), is any class more forgiving/newb-friendly to play?

Haven't played TF2 since I dallied with it via the Orange Box. I love coop though so I reinstalled it on Steam.

Since I've basically forgotten everything I ever knew about playing (and that wasn't much), is any class more forgiving/newb-friendly to play?

For offensive classes, Heavy is the easiest to be effective in. M1+aim.

Then maybe Soldier.

oh, and welcome back!

As a heavy, I place myself right in front of the tank so that I can continuously fire at it without lagging behind (the tank pushes me forward along its path).

I've gotten run over occasionally doing this. Rare, but it does happen from time to time.
I tend to stay away from the tank since every single time I've wandered near it (two or three times now) I have been ran over. I see heavies standing in front of the thing while punching it and not getting killed.

chixdiggit

I always recommend medic to people. Follow a heavy around healing him. It helps out your team and you get to know the maps.

Angry Fork

I just finally got into a game and played for the last 2 hours and this is so much fun. I already want new maps though. I've only played engineer I want to see all the upgrades for other classes one day I wonder what spy and medic get.

Randdalf

I just finally got into a game and played for the last 2 hours and this is so much fun. I already want new maps though. I've only played engineer I want to see all the upgrades for other classes one day I wonder what spy and medic get.

I might have a go at making an MvM map, or the foundations thereof, this week. It's definitely going to be shorter than making a normal map because you don't have to do so much playtesting.

FinKL

At first i thought Sniper were useless in those mode, (I mean Demo/Solider/Heavy could all do the job better especially vs the Scout packs) but if you go Jarate first to help with the slow down for your team then reload speed->Penetration the Sniper becomes real fun

Aguirre

ok, this is getting ridiculous. since this update dropped, i havent been able to get into one single game at all. i get put into these virtual queues and told to fucking wait 15 minutes.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea, I was wondering wtf was wrong with you Scout players, until I realized we were getting crits off of everything and all of the money was being collected. lol. I'm still not certain what the Spy's purpose is.

Finally completed an Advanced mode mission!

Thanks to BlackIce, Owensboro, Leon Trotsky, Flipyap, [one more don't remember name]!

2MF

Where is the EU neogaf server? I tried joining an address that has been pasted around here but it redirected me to a non-MVM server.

That first GAF server is pretty full and they don't like spectators. Anyone up for a game?

connect 71.103.231.37:27019; password GAF

I'm going to try that one and wait to see if anyone joins.

edit:

nevermind, can't join

parasight

Yea, I was wondering wtf was wrong with you Scout players, until I realized we were getting crits off of everything and all of the money was being collected. lol. I'm still not certain what the Spy's purpose is.

People in PUG's keep getting angry at me for going Scout, they don't realize my real benefit to team!

Alienups

People in PUG's keep getting angry at me for going Scout, they don't realize my real benefit to team!

We just did an advanced mission twice (once in mann up mode) with two scouts on the team and we absolutely rocked it. Marked for death (if that's what it's called) is so helpful and getting all the cash helps a ton.

Top Bottom