• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March WrassleGAF |SHOW-T| Big Shoes Mean Big Appetites

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That dance is in heels too! Fuckin heels! Like, I can appreciate it for what it is - a very well choreographed and performed dance (that maybe might make things tingle) but god damn that's some skill.

It is not just the dancing, Emma's whole clumsy/awkward gimmick is the best think on TV now.

xZbiu74.gif

xsQLyPr.gif

BgvAfPH.gif

GKLRdL2.gif

Although the dancing is great...

wmVVhQ8.gif

It is not just the dancing, Emma's whole clumsy/awkward gimmick is the best think on TV now.

http://i.imgur.com/xZbiu74.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xsQLyPr.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BgvAfPH.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GKLRdL2.gif[IMG]

Although the dancing is great...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wmVVhQ8.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
There's summink about 'er, I quite fancy 'er arse.

effzee

So haven't followed wrestling in close to 10 years. Randomly a bunch of friends of mine who all used to be obsessed started an email chain about wanting to order this year's Wrestlemania.

Thing is we don't know who is who anymore. But WTF Undertaker is still fighting and headlining? How old is this dude?

And what's the full lineup for this years event? I want to get back into the swing of things!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So haven't followed wrestling in close to 10 years. Randomly a bunch of friends of mine who all used to be obsessed started an email chain about wanting to order this year's Wrestlemania.

Thing is we don't know who is who anymore. But WTF Undertaker is still fighting and headlining? How old is this dude?

And what's the full lineup for this years event? I want to get back into the swing of things!
No you don't. You only think you do. Turn away while you still can.

jmdajr

Undertaker is 48.

WWE Championship
The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker

No Holds Barred
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
*If Triple H loses, his career is over

World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

Brodus Clay, Tensai(prince albert) & The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins

Mark Henry
vs. Ryback

The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Sheamus & Big Show

Intercontinental Championship
Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

WWE Tag Team Championship
Team Hell No (Kane)(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston

edit: So that's 11 wrestlers you should know from 2002...

Ithil

The lineup thus far for Wrestlemania 29 (more matches may yet get made):

The Rock (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger for the World Heavyweight Championship

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee) for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H No Holds Barred; if Triple H loses, he must retire.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship

Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay and Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)

jmdajr

:(

Thanks man!

I miss me some Kurt Angle. Is Stephanie McMahon still involved?

She shows up once every blue moon. As incredible looking as ever.

Interesting making that list. In ten matches there are 11 wrestlers that were there a decade+ ago.

Kurt should come back to the WWE and finish his career.

Sephzilla

Well when one of the two participants can potentially become paralyzed for life, it does add a sense of danger and intrigue.

Haha, that honestly made me openly laugh right in the middle of work.

I dunno, most of the upper card matches just scream "predictable" to me. Deep down I'm hoping there's a Cena swerve coming.

That guy can't dance and she's not a real Diva!
Well if people would just say his name right maybe we'd find out how deadly his dancing is in the ring!
But you're right, the lady isn't a real diva until she's thrown into the direction-less women's division scrambling for TV time and getting a title reign gained from throwing darts at the Diva board in the writers room.

I think it's weird that the match I'm most excited about is Ryback vs Henry

I'm sort of intrigued myself, WM has a really weird undercard brewing that wouldn't look out of place on a B or even C tier PPV show yet i'm more interested in those matches than the various main events.

Sephzilla

I'm sort of intrigued myself, WM has a really weird undercard brewing that wouldn't look out of place on a B or even C tier PPV show yet i'm more interested in those matches than the various main events.

I think jmdajr hit the nail on the head for why there's interest in that match. I more or less just want to see if a massive Rybotch happens. And if it doesn't happen, I'll be legitimately impressed.

But yeah, I'm oddly more interested in the undercard matches. Even if Jericho is being wasted on Fandago.

Real talk: I really like Fandango.
I'm holding off proper judgement until his WM match (which may very well last like 10 seconds ending in a roll up pin). But I want to like him.

They should bring back Maxine to be his dysfunctional dance partner, shades of the seemingly never ending NXT redemption.

I think jmdajr hit the nail on the head for why there's interest in that match. I more or less just want to see if a massive Rybotch happens. And if it doesn't happen, I'll be legitimately impressed.

But yeah, I'm oddly more interested in the undercard matches. Even if Jericho is being wasted on Fandago.
It'll be like watching a vehicular accident, devastating, tragic but we'll be unable to look away at the spectacle.

jmdajr

Can't lose Bro!

edit:sorry for Triple posting. Or maybe not-uh.

I'm holding off proper judgement until his WM match (which may very well last like 10 seconds ending in a roll up pin). But I want to like him.

They should bring back Maxine to be his dysfunctional dance partner, shades of the seemingly never ending NXT redemption.

It'll be like watching a vehicular accident, devastating, tragic but we'll be unable to look away at the spectacle.

Is there a place to watch or download the entire NXT Redemption? It is one of the most interesting shows I have ever watched and the most crazy put out by the WWE.

Let me explain things...

The Rock is very much part time now. He was away from wrestling about as long as you, he is back now though and the champ. He is off TV more than he is on.

Cena right now is like Hulk Hogan before he turned heel in WCW. Everyone that knows anything about wrestling hates him, but he appeals to a certain fanbase strongly. He will likely never turn heel like Hogan did as WWE refuse to build anyone up to take his place.

Alberto Del Rio = Tito Santana but actually from Mexico. He used to own many cars but now walks everywhere since he recently turned face.

Jack Swagger has a borderline racist gimmick, but it kinda works. He loves America and wants non-Americas out, so having him face someone from Mexico kinda works. The build up has not been great.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk is another one that had terrible build out. Paul Bearer (Taker's old manager) actually legit died a few weeks back, and they are using that to give some life to the match build up - it is kinda working - we have seen some decent promos from Punk recently.

Punk is a heel, but is the wrestler most people who really like wrestling love to watch and cheer for regardless. Think Jericho/Bret Hear ect

Yes, Taker still wrestles, but it is exclusively at Mania now. He has been cutting back his work significantly over the past few years to try and extend himself for a few more Mania's. He still does good work in the few matches he partkaes in.

Ryback = Goldberg

Brock Lesnar and Triple H are both part time too.

Team Hell No is a good tag team with good chemistry (remember Rock/Mankind? It is kinda like that). The WWE tag team devision right now is in a shambles though

The Bellas are twins and attractive - that is all they do

Brodus Clay = Ernest The Car Miller

The Shield = A Low Scale NWO, as they are billed as outsiders (but are been booked well to seem a decent threat). The guys they are facing are a collection of Top Weir WWE guys.

Jericho is still like you remember him - but is now part time too.

Fandango has not wrestle a match, and wants people to say is name right

You probably remember Mark Henry. He is more aggressive and less sexual now.

Cameron and Naomi have asses for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays

The Miz is the Ric Flair of 2013 - or so WWE want you to think.

Wade is fighting him over two shit films they were in.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
Damien Sandow says that. He tags with Cody Rhodes - who is Golddust's brother. HE recently grew a mustache

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Let me explain things...

The Rock is very much part time now. He was away from wrestling about as long as you, he is back now though and the champ. He is off TV more than he is on.

Cena right now is like Hulk Hogan before he turned heel in WCW. Everyone that knows anything about wrestling hates him, but he appeals to a certain fanbase strongly. He will likely never turn heel like Hogan did as WWE refuse to build anyone up to take his place.

Alberto Del Rio = Tito Santana but actually from Mexico. He used to own many cars but now walks everywhere since he recently turned face.

Jack Swagger has a borderline racist gimmick, but it kinda works. He loves America and wants non-Americas out, so having him face someone from Mexico kinda works. The build up has not been great.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk is another one that had terrible build out. Paul Bearer (Taker's old manager) actually legit died a few weeks back, and they are using that to give some life to the match build up - it is kinda working - we have seen some decent promos from Punk recently.

Punk is a heel, but is the wrestler most people who really like wrestling love to watch and cheer for regardless. Think Jericho/Bret Hear ect

Yes, Taker still wrestles, but it is exclusively at Mania now. He has been cutting back his work significantly over the past few years to try and extend himself for a few more Mania's. He still does good work in the few matches he partkaes in.

Ryback = Goldberg

Team Hell No is a good tag team with good chemistry (remember Rock/Mankind? It is kinda like that). The WWE tag team devision right now is in a shambles though

The Shield = A Low Scale NWO, as they are billed as outsiders (but are been booked well to seem a decent threat). The guys they are facing are a collection of Top Weir WWE guys.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
Damien Sandow says that. He tags with Cody Rhodes - who is Golddust's brother. HE recently grew a mustache

Pretty decent summary.

Addenda:

Team Hell No is Daniel Bryan and Kane, by the way.

Mark Henry isn't just aggressive, he's way more aggressive, had a decent monster heel title reign and is consistently booked as the most dangerous man in WWE even in matches that he loses.

Dolph Ziggler currently holds the money-in-the-bank briefcase, and can cash it in for a World Heavyweight Championship match at any time. He's currently running with his girlfriend AJ Lee, and her muscle Big E Langston.

And the Rock sucks now.

strobogo

Banned
I'll give Fandango a chance because I'm in favor of actual gimmicks in a time where the only gimmicks are angry/cocky heel and happy face. Even if it is goofy. Johnny Curtis is actually pretty good in the ring and is 100% into the character, which is also what makes Damien Sandow so awesome.

Sephzilla

Pretty decent summary.

Addenda:

Team Hell No is Daniel Bryan and Kane, by the way.

Mark Henry isn't just aggressive, he's way more aggressive, had a decent monster heel title reign and is consistently booked as the most dangerous man in WWE even in matches that he loses.

Dolph Ziggler currently holds the money-in-the-bank briefcase, and can cash it in for a World Heavyweight Championship match at any time. He's currently running with his girlfriend AJ Lee, and her muscle Big E Langston.

And the Rock sucks now.

I have to ask, what's with all of the sudden Rocky hate?

I forgot Dolph. I will never forgive myself...

effzee

Let me explain things...

Ryback = Goldberg

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Damn what an incredible writeup. Some of these guys I remember.

But to show you how out of it I am thought John Cena was some beloved by both the crowd and wrestling enthusiasts guy.

And the Rock I understand but why are some of the other guys part time guys? Grueling road schedule?

Does Stone Cold sometimes show up still?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I have to ask, what's with all of the sudden Rocky hate?

Because he's fucking terrible. His promos aren't good any more, because he always seems to be trying too hard to get people to cheer, and it doesn't seem as natural as it once did.

He is also goddamned terrible in the ring right now.

Is there a place to watch or download the entire NXT Redemption? It is one of the most interesting shows I have ever watched and the most crazy put out by the WWE.
Unfortunately I have no idea, maybe one day WWE will release a 3 disc dvd set Best of NXT redemption.

If I was booking things, Ryback would still be undefeated. But he'd also be defending the IC belt against Wade at Wrestlemania.

Ryback would lose.
Putting over the mega star of Dead Man Down who is also the future mega star of WWE I see, I like your style.

And the Rock sucks now.
If by sucks you mean spends a lot of time sucking in more air during matches then i'll agree that much.

Sephzilla

Because he's fucking terrible. His promos aren't good any more, because he always seems to be trying too hard to get people to cheer, and it doesn't seem as natural as it once did.

He is also goddamned terrible in the ring right now.

When Rock came back last year, yeah his mic work was pretty blah compared to what we used to know. I actually think he's better now than he was a year ago, he's still better on the mic than a good chunk of the roster.

Rocky's always been pretty mediocre in the right, though, to be perfectly honest.

49-year-old Ken Shamrock wants to return to WWE:

Oh, definitely. I’ve tried to reach out, but I’ve been hitting some walls. I’m not sure if my messages are getting through or not. In my career, if you follow my career and watched everything that I’ve ever done from the time I was in high school to where I’m at now, I’ve always been able to reach the pinnacle. In football, I was able to win championships and go to bowl games in college, be an All-American linebacker and there were a lot of things I was able to accomplish. In my professional career, every time I jumped into an organization, I always reached the top and the title. I know with NWA with Jeff Jarrett, TNA, I was their first heavyweight champion, so I was able to reach that pinnacle. With Pancrase, I was their first champion and was also able to bring it to the U.S. using my character. I also reached the level in the UFC as a heavyweight champion, one of the first of all time, also rookie of the year, fighter of the year. I got into pro wrestling, I’ve got tag team champion, Intercontinental champion, King of the Ring. There were several times where I wished I had got that opportunity, and probably should have had that opportunity, to at least challenge for the Heavyweight Championship belt. I never got that opportunity, and I’m not sure why, but it is what it is. I will keep fighting to try and get that opportunity and close this thing up to be probably one of the only persons in sports history to go into several different organizations and become world champion in every one of them.

Kaladin

Hulu Plus has the entire NXT Redemption run. It might be the only marathon of wrestling worse than watching WCW 2000.

Top Bottom