• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

hamchan

Jericho did a good job shoving the ref, causing a DQ and then getting the mic to cover Neville being injured and to use up time.

The Evolve shows in NYC look pretty good:

EVOLVE 56, Queens, NY (March 19, 6pm EST)

EVOLVE Title Match: Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Matt Riddle
Best In The World Challenge Series: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano
Team Tremendous vs. Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley
Chris Hero vs. Tracy Williams
Sami Callihan vs. TJ Perkins
Drew Gulak vs. Fred Yehi
Ethan Page vs. Mike Bailey

EVOLVE 57, Brooklyn, NY (March 20, 8pm EST)

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match: Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway defend vs. Team Tremendous of Dan Barry & Bill Carr
EVOLVE Title Match (If Thatcher Retains At EVOLVE 56): Timothy Thatcher vs. Caleb Konley
EVOLVE Title Match (If Riddle Wins The Championship At EVOLVE 56): Matt Riddle vs. Chris Hero
Best In The World Challenge Series: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Drew Gulak
Sami Callihan vs. Tracy Williams
TJ Perkins vs. Mike Bailey
Ethan Page vs. Fred Yehi

I'm tempted to go to both, but the shows are so close to WrestleMania weekend that I might just watch them on iPPV.

Jamie OD

Mania hype was doomed ever since Austin and Heyman talked about a potential match with Brock during their Network interview together. There is nothing WWE can come up with to match that.

Hex

Banned
Is there anyone with a NJPW World account here?

I'm quite interested in getting it and was wondering there was any feedback on how it plays on an iPad and does it save your position of watching a show so you can continue where you left off at a later date?

I can't speak to Ipad, but I have watched on pc, laptop and also googlecast to my tv during live events.
I do not think that it remembers your place but it has youtube like controls for fast forwarding and rewinding are very easy compared to WWE, and you can also find everything broken up match by match as well as Links for all performers and some that might surprise you.

Is there anyone with a NJPW World account here?

I'm quite interested in getting it and was wondering there was any feedback on how it plays on an iPad and does it save your position of watching a show so you can continue where you left off at a later date?

It doesn't because it's just video running in your browser, but the last time I used it, the matches themselves were broken out into separate files, so you could watch a whole show or just the matches.

Laws00

s1lwEAt.gif

those blinking eyes lol

Striker

What is that shit? I never thought that I would see punches worse than Dean's.
In Shane's defense, he's a late 40's man who isn't trained to be a pro wrestler. Aside from some women in the company (Kelly Kelly, for instance), I haven't seen someone throw such shit punches in a long time til I saw Dean.

JambiBum

So you can tell where Neville broke his leg in this video. It's at 7 seconds in when goes for the slide under Jericho after getting whipped into the ropes. Looks like his foot got caught on the mat and just bent sideways. I'd post a screen but I'm sure most people don't really want to see it.

In Shane's defense, he's a late 40's man who isn't trained to be a pro wrestler. Aside from some women in the company (Kelly Kelly, for instance), I haven't seen someone throw such shit punches in a long time til I saw Dean.
In some of Shane's earlier matches he threw awful punches

bjork

Mania hype was doomed ever since Austin and Heyman talked about a potential match with Brock during their Network interview together. There is nothing WWE can come up with to match that.

A match with a guy who hasn't worked a full schedule in 15 years against a guy who never did?

They're giving you that this year.

9LLvvWQ.gif

orioto

Good Art™
WWE is so damn good. People were hoping and wondering about plans for Ambrose, then ziggler, when those two matches were only there to show Trips still has it before Mania i think.

Recall

Triple H should be the champion for ages. Mid carders don't need to be world champ just for the sake of it, they don't deserve it.

Long live Triple H. Long live The Game!

Jezbollah

Usos/Dudleyz confirmed for Mania lol

Mania Outlook:
Shane/Taker HIAC
Reigns/HHH WWEWHC
Brock/Dean street fight
Kalisto/Ryback US
New Day/League of Nations Tag
Owens/Zayn IC
Usos/Dudleyz
Charlotte/Becky/Sasha Divas
6-Divas tag match (Lana/Naomi/Tamina vs Brie/Alicia/Paige)
Styles/Jericho
ANDRE BATTLE ROYALE

That'll mean this is the second year in a row someone who's tagged with Paige at WM has retired soon after..

Caderfix

Yet I am still excited for this match because of man going to fall from great heights appeal.

After seeing Sting's incident at NoC, I'm scared they'll do something like that. I hope for a safe match. I don't want anyone to get hurt, specially in a not necessary spot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
E&C gets better every week.

Yes, the two aren't trained comedians.
Yes, this show is low budget as hell.
Yes, doing jokes on basically one subject at a fairly juvenile level will probably get old fast.

Despite that, the two have an unmistakable charm when placed together and while not every skit hits the ones that do have been gold so far.

E&C gets better every week.

Yes, the two aren't trained comedians.
Yes, this show is low budget as hell.
Yes, doing jokes on basically one subject at a fairly juvenile level will probably get old fast.

Despite that, the two have an unmistakable charm when placed together and while not every skit hits the ones that do have been gold so far.

Agreed E and C are Great

Sephzilla

Hey guys! I never got to comment on Roadblock.

In general, I actually liked the show. Surprisingly enough I think Charlotte vs Natalya was the best match of the night. The worst match of the night was Jericho vs Swagger. On that note, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have Jericho cut an anti-Canada promo in Canada and then have Jack "red white and blue real American" Swagger come out to fight him? Also the first half of HHH/Ambrose was boring, but the second half was pretty good even if it had a stupid false-finish.

Also, even though it was their super minimal house show set, I was actually happy to see a different set used on a WWE TV program! I actually like that small house show setup better than their normal Raw/SD/PPV setup, believe it or not. The smaller simple set in my opinion makes all of the stars the focus of the entrance and makes them look a big larger than life - whereas the normal set I feel diminishes the wrestler.

EDIT - Also, HHH should leave WrestleMania champion

Triple H should be the champion for ages. Mid carders don't need to be world champ just for the sake of it, they don't deserve it.

Long live Triple H. Long live The Game!
Meh, Only he uses the old school moveset. He had tons of different holds/maneuvers

Cagey

Banned
Also, even though it was their super minimal house show set, I was actually happy to see a different set used on a WWE TV program! I actually like that small house show setup better than their normal Raw/SD/PPV setup, believe it or not. The smaller simple set in my opinion makes all of the stars the focus of the entrance and makes them look a big larger than life - whereas the normal set I feel diminishes the wrestler.

Agreed. The small stage made the venue look much larger, as well, which adds a Bigger Fight Feel to the event.

Sephzilla

Agreed. The small stage made the venue look much larger, as well, which adds a Bigger Fight Feel to the event.

Yep. Smaller stage also allows more people to attend the event which also helps make the venue seem bigger. This is why I've actually grown to dislike the stupidly huge WrestleMania stages where an 8th of the stadium is pretty much rendered unavailable for seating. The stage they used for Roadblock reminded me of the smaller New Generation and early Attitude Era sets they used.

Yep. Smaller stage also allows more people to attend the event which also helps make the venue seem bigger. This is why I've actually grown to dislike the stupidly huge WrestleMania stages where an 8th of the stadium is pretty much rendered unavailable for seating.

I mean, compare Raw in the O2 Arena: https://youtu.be/YMTSAr1AQwI?t=15
to boxing in the same building: https://youtu.be/0wbp0SaRjBo?t=59

Which looks more rammed, more of a spectacle? Spoiler, it's not the one with the same LED stage and giant flags.

Top Bottom