• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

tumblr_o3tfnhznsB1reegn2o2_500.gif

Ithil

Shane vs. Undertaker was a bad idea.

Shane misspoke a lot last night. And then the fight between the two was not encouraging.

It's not like this was their first choice. This stemmed from all the injuries and Reigns not being over in the WWE title picture. They had to come up with a quick big match for WM and think about whether it would actually work later.

darkbanjo

There is something super depressing about a guy lying there with multiple fractures and the thing he is most concerned about is having to buy new boots.

You think the look on his face at the end of the video is him thinking about a trip to the shoe store?

The boots might have some sentimental vale or whatever, but I'd imagine his biggest reason to not want them being cut is that he's trying to convince himself that the injury isn't that bad.

Bigger issue in the Shane taker fued is that if Shane wins

No more authority
Guys like Cesaro, sami, AJ and Owens get pushes.
End of 50-50 booking(maybe)

Can't see them following up on that

So you're totally buying the very obviously force fed story they're going for? Do you really think if Shane wins that things will "change"?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So you're totally buying the very obviously force fed story they're going for? Do you really think if Shane wins that things will "change"?

I think that's what he's saying - Shane is selling that this is what will happen but they're not really going to do that even if Shane wins

bjork

WM is always supposed to be the payoff that ends the season and sets up the next one. I'd at least give them the chance to lie about it.

UberTag

Bigger issue in the Shane taker fued is that if Shane wins

No more authority
Guys like Cesaro, sami, AJ and Owens get pushes.
End of 50-50 booking(maybe)

Can't see them following up on that
Might as well ask for Kevin Dunn to get fired and a revamped commentary team that actually sells the product instead of the brand.

They could never convincingly follow through on Shane "taking over RAW" because the fans would know it's bullshit the second they hear Vince's voice come out of JBL's mouth.

So yeah, it's a pointless stip... just like most stips. Meltzer's doing a better job of selling it to the hardcores than the WWE by trying to work this angle that Vince secretly hates NXT, disapproves of Triple H and wants Shane back in the picture for a legit power struggle.

bjork

They always lie about it, stop giving them the chance to make you believe the lie

You guys need to believe that dreams can happen. It'll be like the best ratings of the attitude era with the no-filler 1-hour raws of the early 90s, but with the current favorites of today! Cesaro in the main event and Sandow actually confirming he's alive!

Raw64life

Would be pretty silly for them to do a storyline of "HHH/Steph have been running WWE into the ground and Shane is here to save it" and then have Shane lose and the guys who are running the company into the ground remain in power.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why does it matter if the New Day turn face? Why can't they just be entertaining assholes who troll everyone on the roster?

Might as well ask for Kevin Dunn to get fired and a revamped commentary team that actually sells the product instead of the brand.

They could never convincingly follow through on Shane "taking over RAW" because the fans would know it's bullshit the second they hear Vince's voice come out of JBL's mouth.

So yeah, it's a pointless stip... just like most stips. Meltzer's doing a better job of selling it to the hardcores than the WWE by trying to work this angle that Vince secretly hates NXT, disapproves of Triple H and wants Shane back in the picture for a legit power struggle.

It's not a secret when callups result in Tyler Breeze or "competitive" matches against permajobbers like Stardust

Weeks away from WM and there's an alarming lack of Kane and Show on the card.

Also let me say as a man who dumps on Ziggles a lot, his promo was okay so....decent going Zigs?

Can't wait for Mania of the dubious offence as oodles of noodles Ambrose and phantom stirke shuffle Shane face off against the best pure strikers in the business.

bjork

Would be pretty silly for them to do a storyline of "HHH/Steph have been running WWE into the ground and Shane is here to save it" and then have Shane lose and the guys who are running the company into the ground remain in power.

"Dad, I said if I lost, I'd give you all the documents in the lockbox. But those were fakes! Here is the real information and I'll reveal it if you don't give Kurt Angle a title shot against Roman at Backlash"

jmdajr

Weeks away from WM and there's an alarming lack of Kane and Show on the card.

Also let me say as a man who dumps on Ziggles a lot, his promo was okay so....decent going Zigs?

Can't wait for Mania of the dubious offence as oodles of noodles Ambrose and phantom stirke shuffle Shane face off against the best pure strikers in the business.

Andrew The Giant prestigious battle royal dark match.

Angry Grimace

Meltzer complaining on WOR that Ambrose didn't bury HHH in his promo and say how much he sucks and instead, Ambrose "buried" himself (Meltzer's words) even though it makes no sense to walk out 3 weeks before WM and say the guy in the main event sucks given that Ambrose is the most over babyface anyways. Like, I get that Ambrose is over and should be more protected than he is, but it makes almost no sense to me to suggest Ambrose should have walked out there and said HHH sucks and he beat him fairly and HHH got away with it. HHH isn't being booked like a chickenshit heel, so why would he suggest that he's a chickenshit that stole a win?

WM is always supposed to be the payoff that ends the season and sets up the next one. I'd at least give them the chance to lie about it.

I get that, but things aren't going to be night and day kind of results. If anything it will probably just be Shane's version of Authority.

The speech shane gave may as well just been quotes from reddit and GAF. It was so clearly pandering to smarks.

This WM is shaping up to be the biggest cluster of all time. I don't ever remember a WM in worse shape this late in the game than it is now.

No-one doubts Shane will win. Most people are just not ready to believe that when Shane inevitably "takes control" anything will really change. Not for long anyway.

bjork

I get that, but things aren't going to be night and day kind of results. If anything it will probably just be Shane's version of Authority.

The speech shane gave may as well just been quotes from reddit and GAF. It was so clearly pandering to smarks.

Maybe he goes to appearing only on camera when there's a decision to be made about some contested pinfall or something, ala Jack Tunney. But the crowd has been conditioned to expect 20 minute promos to open, so who knows.

kiguel182

Man, that Roman vs HHH segment fell flat. Between boos and general silence I guess Roman's absence has not make the heart grow fonder. Also, the boos everytime HHH said "you love Roman Reigns" were hilarious. What a trainwreck.

Anyway, Taker looks old and Shane isn't a wrestler so that sums up that feud.

Sami on Raw is great while they are booking him properly altought he should get some mic time. Sami vs Owens will never not be great even with WWE behind it.

Wrestlemania looks bad so far. Like, nothing there really speaks to me.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Good on jericho for improvising and shoving the ref, though Jericho was legit mad. Gave Neville the win and stopped the match.

Hex

Banned
Meltzer complaining on WOR that Ambrose didn't bury HHH in his promo and say how much he sucks and instead, Ambrose "buried" himself (Meltzer's words) even though it makes no sense to walk out 3 weeks before WM and say the guy in the main event sucks given that Ambrose is the most over babyface anyways. Like, I get that Ambrose is over and should be more protected than he is, but it makes almost no sense to me to suggest Ambrose should have walked out there and said HHH sucks and he beat him fairly and HHH got away with it. HHH isn't being booked like a chickenshit heel, so why would he suggest that he's a chickenshit that stole a win?

Meltzer is an idiot.
That would make no sense and would not fit Dean either.
Dean lost, his foot WAS under the ropes it was not quick count or other gimmick. He lost.
So to lose to someone but then say how much they suck makes no sense, it only makes you look weaker.
Instead Dean made himself look better and stronger. He had the game pinned. He took HHH to the limit.
It was well done.

Angry Grimace

This WM is shaping up to be the biggest cluster of all time. I don't ever remember a WM in worse shape this late in the game than it is now.

They have a LOT of heatless matches set up with the ARMBAR, the secondary Divas match, the Usos/Dudleys, the US Title match, etc.

The best match on the card is legitimately the Triple threat for the Women's Title and for whatever reason it feels like they just stopped telling that story a couple weeks ago in order to wait for WM.

Like, Ambrose pretty much already made it clear he couldn't be Brock fair (so its just a spectacle match with nothing on the line since he gets none of the rub from beating Lesnar if he hits him with a bat), Roman is Roman, and Shane's a non-wrestler who looked like garbage two weeks in a row.

Zayn/Owens would be fine if it was set up that way, but it feels like Sami should have been around longer to build this up and they need to put him in a giant bubble to make sure he even makes it WM at this point. I think they're nuts to let Sami do flips to the outside when his opponents consistently fail to actually break his fall. That match was seemingly being set up as a 4 way with Miz, Neville, Zayn, Owens, but I wonder if they just throw it back to a singles match, or if they add Zigglez or something.

Ithil

I believe the complaint was that Ambrose went out and said HHH didn't take him seriously as a threat, underestimated him, etc, but then HHH beat him anyway while not taking him seriously. Doesn't make Ambrose look like much of anything.

Man i think its been posted already but ive just benged watched all of 97 raws(some fast forwarding) and almost every fucking match espically with ahmed johnson ends in a dq like all of them its quite emmbaressing. austin/rock for the ic title was still as entertaining as it was when i first watched it tho that beeper skit was gold.

Also i cant wait to see the melt downs on this thread the day after mania should be intresting read.

Angry Grimace

I believe the complaint was that Ambrose went out and said HHH didn't take him seriously as a threat, underestimated him, etc, but then HHH beat him anyway while not taking him seriously. Doesn't make Ambrose look like much of anything.

I didn't take it that way and I think Meltzer was reading too much into it. I just don't think there's a lot of additional things Ambrose could feasibly say about the main eventer in Mania when you are not his opponent.

I didn't take it that way and I think Meltzer was reading too much into it. I just don't think there's a lot of additional things Ambrose could feasibly say about the main eventer in Mania when you are not his opponent.

It makes the event (Roadblock) look just as meaningless as people say when the guy who had the most to gain just brushes it off and moves on to focus on a lesser match/role

jmdajr

Man i think its been posted already but ive just benged watched all of 97 raws(some fast forwarding) and almost every fucking match espically with ahmed johnson ends in a dq like all of them its quite emmbaressing. austin/rock for the ic title was still as entertaining as it was when i first watched it tho that beeper skit was gold.

Also i cant wait to see the melt downs on this thread the day after mania should be intresting read.

What meltdowns? I think we more or less know what's gonna happen.

If anything a swerve might be good.

and still WWE CHAMPION.....Triple H!!!

sora87

Thank goodness for NXT Takeover because the WM card is shaping up to be awful, Ryback in a title match at the biggest show of the year? Usos vs Dudleys? AJ and Jericho for what feels like the 10th time already? So bad.

Sephzilla

So who, realistically, could/should win the Andre Battle Royal this year?

I remember being optimistic that the HHH/Steph Authority storyline would be done after Bryan won at WM30 also

Angry Grimace

I just think Dean has very little to lose regardless of what he says.

I still think the most awkward part of the night was when HHH came out and tried to bury the crowd by saying how much they like Reigns (boooooooo) but then Ziggler comes out to respond to the speech and seems like he goes out of his way to not mention Roman.

I remember being optimistic that the HHH/Steph Authority storyline would be done after Bryan won at WM30 also

The rumor is that its
Brawn Strongman.

Jesus christ, I still can't believe the angle's gone on this long.

Also, to answer your question (and I'll put this in spoilers just in case because there's a 90% chance it isn't getting changed)
Strowman

Sephzilla

You know who I really miss? Tyson Kidd

djgtu52.gif

Jesus christ, I still can't believe the angle's gone on this long.

I know right? How did this angle not die once Bryan won?
The answer is Steph

Also, to answer your question (and I'll put this in spoilers just in case because there's a 90% chance it isn't getting changed)
Strowman

The rumor is that its
Brawn Strongman.

132.gif

Angry Grimace

You know who I really miss? Tyson Kidd

djgtu52.gif

I know right? How did this angle not die once Bryan won?
The answer is Steph

132.gif

I mean are you surprised? This is the most VINCE WrestleMania ever.

* Booking a giant guy who can't wrestle to win the battle royale.

* Booking a giant guy whose gimmick is 'Fuck all non-giant muscle men' to squash a 5'6" flippy guy

* Booking his son-in law in the main event against his pet muscle man the crowd hates.

* Booking his actual son in the co-main event against the fucken Undertaker

* Throwing all the popular (read: short and/or fat) guys into a multi-man match because fuck 'em they don't need a program.

* Booking the most boring, heatless people on the roster who happen to be related to the Rock (not really) into a match with 2 other 45 year old Attitude Era guys they've fought like 4 times.

I mean, we've reached the point where if John Cena walked through the curtain, buried everyone on the roster on the mic and announced he was now in the main event, everyone would be fucking rapturous.

Top Bottom