• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Guys, is it okay to be salty about how Triple Haitch is presenting himself as champ compared to how he/creative/Vince presented Seth Rollins as champ?

Why can't the young guys be sexy badass rebels who get to go over clean to "keep strong" for the next big match which happens to be the match after he's done beating the latest
young up and comer.

I still wonder how hot a dominant heel champ Rollins vs monster take-no-shit face Roman Reigns feud would be. Now THAT'S WM Main event material.

I mean, it should be pretty obvious to everyone at this point. HHH is ultimately willing to do the job, though, and doesn't have an issue taking the L like when Ambrose killed him last week. The real difference here is that he also looks incredibly strong every other week where most champs NEVER do, heels especially.

anybody see this?

Break down of Neville injury & Jericho/Robinson dialogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUDCJutY2GY&feature=youtu.be

I missed this completely. Wonder how much of that was a shoot vs. the guys making it look good.

Why are these little people attacking Bradshaw? He's done nothing to him. One little dude has worn the same iron maiden shirt 3 weeks in a row.

Finally to the point of Romain coming out during the Haitch match. Few thoughts:

Ziggler and Haitch put on a hell of a match. Kind of weird to not have the crowd way into it

The crowd booing Reigns just felt forced. Someone on squaredcircle who was there said the crowd was "confused" b/c they/we hate Reigns. Which is just a stupid way to approach this. What Reigns did was not typical Reigns and it was very "heel" like. But because it was Reigns no one was into it. This is what I've been wanting for for from Reigns. Just that total and unhinged power attack.

The Usos running out and say "come on Us" and Roman calming down just completely killed it though

JR is a big ass cry baby, Austin is defending the title because Vince said so you geek. He shouldn't even be champion any damn way thinking he can take time off just because he broke his neck. He acts like he's too good to fight on Raw as it is so put him in is place. Mother fucker.

Barry Windham v The Undertaker, Barry has seen better days. Too bad Taker will make lunch out of him. Get em dead man. Send him back to NWA.

If you want to know why Vince thinks all the young guys are a bunch of millennials who can't grab the brass ring, listen to the latest Bombcast. Cesaro has multi page documents explaining how to win Clash of Clans. Rusev and Cody Rhodes were talking about that game with a mark on the RAW stage. Just hearing that was enough to make me want to job both of them to Kane.

Boy, you must tear your own skin off at the very idea of posting on GAF.

Anyway yeah, the locker room should be filled with more assholes cancelling other peoples' flights, abusing their pets and drugging them with whatever-the-fuck.

Mahonay

Banned
So I forgot to post here yesterday that while I was out with my new boss, I met a building owner that was straight up Vince Russo's clone. He looked like Russo, is roughly the same age, and had the exact same accent. The guy was absolutely fucking insane (but cool with me and the realtors), it was amazing. I'm sure I'll see him again.

I only have like one other friend who's a bouncer that is into wrestling like I am, so I had no one to share it with.

Working in Brooklyn is the best for running into cartoon caricatures of human beings.

Dan Severn about to challenge Hunter for the European title! Holy shit. He'll have 5 titles. Beat his ass Dan, send him packing to wCw.

Or not, fuck. Wishful thinking. I'm hungry 😔

Clearly.

But seriously, even though he's still fun to watch after the broken neck, he's got nothing on pre-broken neck Austin -- Stone Cold or otherwise. It's a dang shame.

Anytime someone says that Austin couldn't wrestle, all you have to do is show them something pre-Summerslam '97. Or shit, even that short period in 2001 where he was putting on awesome matches with Kurt Angle before injuries caught up with him again. Fucking Owen Hart.

Fox318

anybody see this?

Break down of Neville injury & Jericho/Robinson dialogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUDCJutY2GY&feature=youtu.be
This shows us 4 things

1. Y2J is a pro
2. Not one person in commentary should have a job.
3. Lol Naich is ready to shoot
4. The concept that a match must continue despite injury is dumb. In every other sport the contest would be paused with an injury so what prevents the ref from calling the contest? Is it because that would become a new finish and Fuck up logic?

Blue losing his shit over the past couple of weeks has been very amusing to watch, long may it continue :)
Why does Val Venis keep groaning and shit. He's a weirdo, they need to censor some of this stuff on Raw.

Ahhhwww yeah Marc Mero. But he's in jorts, so he's not wrestling. No care.

Why does Val Venis keep groaning and shit. He's a weirdo, they need to censor some of this stuff on Raw.

Ahhhwww yeah Marc Mero. But he's in jorts, so he's not wrestling. No care.

4HJROxW.gif

Sable talking about putting Mero in his place, maybe he should comment on her wearing the same black jumper suit every week.

Why does Macho Man look like nWo Hulk Hogan?

Sable challenged Mero to a singles match.

Welp hopefully Taker is the ref because she's about to be rip.

I legit want Miz to get another main event run. He's probably the only guy on the roster who actually knows how to make the chickenshit heel angle work, and he's a good heel on the microphone.

he is so good at it. that shot of him running away after aj beat his ass on miz tv looked so cowardly lmao. and when he was doing the yes chants he looked pathetic.

the best heel on the roster by a landslide right now.

If you want to know why Vince thinks all the young guys are a bunch of millennials who can't grab the brass ring, listen to the latest Bombcast. Cesaro has multi page documents explaining how to win Clash of Clans. Rusev and Cody Rhodes were talking about that game with a mark on the RAW stage. Just hearing that was enough to make me want to job both of them to Kane.

It's pretty interesting how you continually have zero self-awareness.

This shows us 4 things

1. Y2J is a pro
4. The concept that a match must continue despite injury is dumb. In every other sport the contest would be paused with an injury so what prevents the ref from calling the contest? Is it because that would become a new finish and Fuck up logic?

Agreed on all points. Especially The fact that they ignored the injury. It was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen in my life on TV. You guys should be white hot about how disgusting commentary was last night. JBL is the lowest denominator of a commentator. Saxton might be worse than anyone WCW threw out in the dying days.

Abysmal booking
abhorrent commentary

The product is at a low point.

GunBR

Finally to the point of Romain coming out during the Haitch match. Few thoughts:

Ziggler and Haitch put on a hell of a match. Kind of weird to not have the crowd way into it

The crowd booing Reigns just felt forced. Someone on squaredcircle who was there said the crowd was "confused" b/c they/we hate Reigns. Which is just a stupid way to approach this. What Reigns did was not typical Reigns and it was very "heel" like. But because it was Reigns no one was into it. This is what I've been wanting for for from Reigns. Just that total and unhinged power attack.

The Usos running out and say "come on Us" and Roman calming down just completely killed it though

That's why they should give up on Reigns for now
This was the Roman that every one wants, and still the crowd was booing him
Let H keep the title until Rollins come back and put Reigns to fight Ryback or any other guy. Only after Summerslam put him in the main picture again, try to make him over and don't fuck up again

The crowd was starting to like him after he destroyed H at TLC and get the title from Sheamus at Raw with Vince returning. But the Reigns vs all at the Rumble killed his momentum
Because it's not enough give the belt to Roman, they needed to make all the pay per view about him and remember the people why they hate him

Ithil

That would be someone inventing an excuse.

Gurrry

Yeah, thats gotta be the reason..

/s

Vestal

This shows us 4 things

1. Y2J is a pro

Bolded for anyone bitching about Y2J.. The guy might have lost a few steps but there is no one smarter in the ring.

They would definitely get pushed if they were having unprotected sex with strangers, doing hard drugs, abusing each other backstage, getting into fights with random people at bars after shows (and getting their asses beat), abusing their spouses, drinking to excess regularly, and dying by 45 though.

Top Bottom