• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Jamie OD

Double Count out!

That would never happen in the main event of Wrestlemania. Nope. Not no way not no how. Such a silly idea. How ridiculous would that be? Never ever ever ever... Ever never.

Full+story+%2526+photo+%2526+result+-+April+3%252C+2011+John+Cena+vs+The+Miz+-+WWE+Championship+Match++WWE+WrestleMania+XXVII+27+-+3-4-2011+-+11.JPG

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Never seen a single episode of Hogan Knows Best. I've seen maybe 1 1/2 episodes of Total Divas. Reality TV is dumb.

Sephzilla

if HHH wins that means the Authority angle drags on and i have to keep seeing the idiotic daughter every monday

--HHH defends his title at Mania
--Shane beats Undertaker and gets control of Raw

This basically means HHH, the COO and WWE Champion, has to answer to Shane. It puts The Authority out of power and puts HHH in spot where he's not the final say.

Caderfix

I actually think there is a certain portion of hardcore fans that would love this. Of course bitter old timers would bemoan Haitch putting himself over again but you can't deny the dude looks like a fucking champion.

Hold that throne for Seth, Hunter.

Yes, I agree with all of this.

I don't think it'll happen, but I would love Seth vs HHH, specially if the other option is smug Roman vs anyone else.

Jamie OD

wait what

is this for real? what WM did this happen at?

Mania 27. Rock came out and ordered the match to restart then Rock Bottomed Cena to set up Mania 28. Funny thing is the double countout just happened. No screw job or dirty tactics, Miz fled ringside, Cena chased him through the crowd and tackled him over a barricade knocking both of them out. Miz got legit concussed but I think the double countout was a planned spot.

Kaladin

The Miz is quite honestly one of the most underrated talents of this generation.

He had an amazing run as champ and that should have been a launch pad to bigger things.

But no, the same thing happened to him that has happened to everyone that has faced Cena.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
--HHH defends his title at Mania
--Shane beats Undertaker and gets control of Raw

This basically means HHH, the COO and WWE Champion, has to answer to Shane. It puts The Authority out of power and puts HHH in spot where he's not the final say.

I actually think this is what happens - HHH wins, Shane wins, Shane tries to fire HHH, but he can't fire the WWE Champion, so then HHH being the champion is meaningful. Belt probably gets stripped off him by Rollins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
600full-mike-'the-miz'-mizanin.jpg

I want World Champ Miz again.
He was pretty alright, but that was his ceiling. Cena did a lot for him and elevated him waaaay up as high as his talent would allow, but at the end it was obvious that he didn't have all the pieces and he was overrated. A nice breath of fresh air for a bit, but ultimately he didn't have what it took. He's alright. Midcard is where he belongs. Cena, bless his heart, really stuck his neck out for him and helped make him.

Sephzilla

I actually think this is what happens - HHH wins, Shane wins, Shane tries to fire HHH, but he can't fire the WWE Champion, so then HHH being the champion is meaningful. Belt probably gets stripped off him by Rollins.

Shit, that's a good idea. Shane through kayfabe storyline bullshit has the ability to fire COO Triple H but Triple H sticks around because he's WWE Champion meaning HHH clings to the title for dear life because it's his lifeline to the company now.

He was pretty alright, but that was his ceiling. Cena did a lot for him and elevated him waaaay up as high as his talent would allow, but at the end it was obvious that he didn't have all the pieces and he was overrated. A nice breath of fresh air for a bit, but ultimately he didn't have what it took. He's alright. Midcard is where he belongs. Cena, bless his heart, really stuck his neck out for him and helped make him.

Honestly, when Rock came back for Mania 27 and the Cena/Rock promo wars started up, I actually thought Miz performed against The Rock way better than Cena did. Cena carried the load in terms of in-ring stuff, but I honestly think Miz was on par and maybe better than Cena when it came to promos.

He's also one of the only guys on the roster who knows how to play the chickenshit heel to its maximum capabilities, which is big considering creative seems to only know how to write chickenshit heels.

Menome

After wavering a bit on him towards the end of last year, since the Royal Rumble I've really come around again to Dean Ambrose. Despite the noodle-punches.

He's just got "it" for being a constant top guy in the company and has put on a solid performance in the past few PPVs befitting of that.

Mania 27 sounds really stupid guys.

Thanks for all the illuminating replies.

I know people who have stopped watching wrestling after 27. Not in a smarky 'you'll watch the raw tomorrow' way like they stopped cold turkey.

When I was watching 27, a little kid went 'this is fake right?'

It was that bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know who got a Wrestlemania Moment and won a battle royale? This is just so you know how actually important it is, but

Yoshi Tatsu

Let's all stop pretending these things ever matter

Sephzilla

I hear you.
Dude is just decent in the ring but he's entertaining as hell, and that's all I want. Deserves more attention and respect than fucking Roman Reigns.

If we're going to have a mediocre ring-worker main eventing WrestleMania I'd much rather it be Miz than Roman Reigns

I know people who have stopped watching wrestling after 27. Not in a smarky 'you'll watch the raw tomorrow' way like they stopped cold turkey.

When I was watching 27, a little kid went 'this is fake right?'

It was that bad.

Mania 27 is what happens when a Mania card that looks shit, and has a shit build, actually ends up being shit

When this Mania isn't salvaged, it'll be compared to Mania 27

klonere

Banned
Roman is a better athlete and has more in ring potential than Miz and you can't even begin to argue this.

Don't play that shit GAF.

Oersted

After wavering a bit on him towards the end of last year, since the Royal Rumble I've really come around again to Dean Ambrose. Despite the noodle-punches.

He's just got "it" for being a constant top guy in the company and has put on a solid performance in the past few PPVs befitting of that.

If you want to watch stupid punches, watch Shane.

Whatever they are thinking having him do this.

Verendus

Banned
Miz sucks.

You folks are bizarre sometimes. About the only thing he did well was the the mic. Wrasslin'Mania 27 should've been CM Punk vs. Joan Cena. The time was right after most of the main event decided to retire. Instead they were busy getting behind Sheamus, Del Rio, and Miz.

Like, who are these people? They suck.

Miz sucks.

You folks are bizarre sometimes. About the only thing he did well was the the mic. Wrasslin'Mania 27 should've been CM Punk vs. Joan Cena. The time was right after most of the main event decided to retire. Instead they were busy getting behind Sheamus, Del Rio, and Miz.

Word!

this WM is shaping up to be just as bad.Maybeb worse.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Miz sucks.

I'm a Punk mark but I still feel Miz deserved his main event. Punk vs Cena should have been the main event of Mania 29.

Top Bottom