• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

CZW still around?

As far as I know. A friend of mine is always trying to get me to go knowing I was a big ECW fan, but CZW just a bit too senselessly gory for me.

One time he got one of our other friends to go and when they got there the kid found out his Uncle is a hardcore wrestler. Literally had no idea before he walked out and wrestled in some ridiculously bloody match. Imagine that shit...

Teeth

Million Dollar Man especially, but even before he was solid. The gimmick cemented him. He was seriously, like Curt Hennig

Absolutely perfect

Not a single weak link in his chain. He wasn't amazing at in-ring but sucked on the mic, or vice versa. Nor was he the craziest partier who was at risk of death or getting popped for roids. He was excellent on every frontier.

Even as a kid I thought he looked out of shape.

He's got a great voice though, and the best laugh in the biz.

I've rated through 1993 on cagematch.net:

fJBijTDg.png

Kinda fun.
I'm curious, what event got a 0.0?

Sephzilla

Million Dollar Man especially, but even before he was solid. The gimmick cemented him. He was seriously, like Curt Hennig

Absolutely perfect

Not a single weak link in his chain. He wasn't amazing at in-ring but sucked on the mic, or vice versa. Nor was he the craziest partier who was at risk of death or getting popped for roids. He was excellent on every frontier.

I agree with everything you said here. DiBiase had no holes in his game and the Million Dollar Man gimmick was perfect for him.

So not only is every champ from last Mania either retired or hurt, but if Bray's out because of his back injury, at least one wrestler from every match last Mania won't be wrestling this Mania due to injury or retirement

Pre-show tag title match (Kidd and Cesaro)
ARMBAR (Itami)
IC Title ladder match (Bryan)
Orton/Rollins (Orton and Rollins)
Sting/HHH (Sting)
Divas match (AJ and Nikki)
Cena/Rusev (Cena)
Taker/Bray (Bray)
Reigns/Brock/Rollins (Rollins)

Sephzilla

but imbask is the world's wrongest man, what are you saying?

HHH grew hair too pretty to be fucking around keeping it buzzed. One might even argue that the industry lost its strength when he cut it.

It's hard to look like an ass kicker when you have gorgeous Fabio hair.

Greatest heel of all time. His segment with the little kid and the basketball is my legit favorite thing a heel has ever done. Its a gimmick thats been imitated a million times, but no one has even come close to pulling it off like The Million Dollar Man.

Yes! That is the most perfect heel thing a heel has ever done in the history of heels.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Absolutely perfect

Greatest heel of all time. His segment with the little kid and the basketball is my legit favorite thing a heel has ever done. Its a gimmick thats been imitated a million times, but no one has even come close to pulling it off like The Million Dollar Man.

This edge kid just debuted. Hw looks pretty good. Why is his big ass jumping on someone outside though.

Something isn't right....

He won by count out. Wtf.

Edit: damn he snapped his neck

Zach

This edge kid just debuted. Hw looks pretty good. Why is his big ass jumping on someone outside though.

Something isn't right....

He won by count out. Wtf.

Edit: damn he snapped his neck

Yeah, he injured someone. Who was it? Miguel or something?

bjork

D'Lo is the one that was in the match with Droz. I was reading an article on Droz this morning, sounds like he gets around in a big chair now, and well enough that he went hunting in it. But he also still takes tons of drugs and has to spend a lot of time laying prone. Considering that he couldn't use his arms when he was initially hurt, I'm sure the progress he's made feels really good.

Wrasslegaf gimmick posters trying to dump on the majesty of WWE's 2000 product, for shame.

Me being 10 at the time has nothing to do with it!

NastyBook

Apparently the new custodian that works with us at my job used to set up rings and sets for WCW back in the day. Said he befriended most of the wrestlers. Told me how the year round schedule burned him out, and the things he saw and had to do for wrestlers to keep them going on the road and before and after matches (drugs, basically). On the lighter side of things, dude told me he befriended Psycho Sid and one day while they were setting up a show in Atlanta, Sid invited the guy's friends and family over to eat. They had a trailer with a bunch of food set up, so they went in started eating. It turned out to be Eric Bischoff's trailer. Again, I can't verify any of this, but he claims to have receipts (pictures of him and various wrestlers at various venues), so I'm waiting on those.

Menome

I realise most of you probably already know, but I've been avoiding NXT spoilers and I'm pretty hyped for Sami Zayn's announced match-up for Takeover: Dallas.

After hearing so much about
Nakamura
I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the company.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the new custodian that works with us at my job used to set up rings and sets for WCW back in the day. Said he befriended most of the wrestlers. Told me how the year round schedule burned him out, and the things he saw and had to do for wrestlers to keep them going on the road and before and after matches (drugs, basically). On the lighter side of things, dude told me he befriended Psycho Sid and one day while they were setting up a show in Atlanta, Sid invited the guy's friends and family over to eat. They had a trailer with a bunch of food set up, so they went in started eating. It turned out to be Eric Bischoff's trailer. Again, I can't verify any of this, but he claims to have receipts (pictures of him and various wrestlers at various venues), so I'm waiting on those.

LOL. Nice Guy Sid, Bad Employee Sid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It was perfect. And he was VERY easy to hate because he lorded his money over you. And he could talk to back it up. He had Andre in his corner for a while. Motivation? It's always the same thing. MONEY.

"Everybody's Got A Price" indeed. Any motivation - taken care of.

WWE dropped the ball with Del Rio's gimmick as never having him USE his money.

Patterson got the shit slapped out of him. What's weird is that some said he played on the other team. Well why did he touch Sable's ass?

The best thing you can say about CZW since Zandig sold it to Deej is that it's more diverse now - there's a bit of everything, not just the ultraviolent stuff. That doesn't offset what a terrible booker DJ is, however. Zandig's CZW was a lot more trashy, a lot more violent and had wonky booking a-plenty, but it had this charm to it that I struggle to explain. I liked that CZW, as terrible/dangerous/stupid as it could be.

ROH has to steal talent somewhere

ROH doesn't even need to do that any more, all their new guys are either House of Truth students or guys who paid to go to one of ROH's try-out camps.

Menome

Me, too! Haven't watched yesterday's show yet... Bye!

(Are you going to NXT Dallas?)

Afraid not, couldnt afford the flights etc. on top of after-market ticket prices for NXT and Mania.

A friend of mine is doing the triple-package along with the HOF ceremony though and I'm incredibly jealous of her.

Top Bottom