• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Luschient

tatanka-wwe-encyclopedia2658-1394292590.jpg

For me, Tatanka will always make me think of Natural Born Killers and Rodney Dangerfield yelling for him to be killed.

Zach

Afraid not, couldnt afford the flights etc. on top of after-market ticket prices for NXT and Mania.

A friend of mine is doing the triple-package along with the HOF ceremony though and I'm incredibly jealous of her.

Challenge her to a tickets-on-a-pole match.

Anth0ny

best year is between 97 and 2000

97 you got the GOAT match in austin vs bret, the GOAT heel run with Bret, the GOAT moment with the screwjob, and the GOAT promo "Everyone in that god damn dressing room is turning a blind eye to me. If you don't like it, TOUGH SHIAT"

fucking bret was a god in 97

2000 was just incredible from top to bottom. every ppv was a classic except for that one show

akileese

If any of you are gonna be in town for Mania and haven't checked out the indie shows that weekend you really need to. Evolve has two shows that are going to be awesome and Mercury Rising Saturday night should be fantastic. I think the overall best show that weekend will probably Evolve Saturday afternoon.

Toki767

best year is between 97 and 2000

97 you got the GOAT match in austin vs bret, the GOAT heel run with Bret, the GOAT moment with the screwjob, and the GOAT promo "Everyone in that god damn dressing room is turning a blind eye to me. If you don't like it, TOUGH SHIAT"

fucking bret was a god in 97

2000 was just incredible from top to bottom. every ppv was a classic except for that one show

The first time you hear Bret say "bullshit" on that episode of Raw before Mania was amazing.

Wait d'lo is wearing a bulletproof vest and did a frog splash on severn. Woah, that was awesome.

Shamrock v Rock again. This should be good.

Lothar

Banned
2000 is really hurt by all the major good storylines just evaporating into thin air around September. (HHH, Steph, and Angle love triangle, Eddie/Chyna). Thanks to a change of writers. Also Naked Mideon, Mae Young with the hand, Jericho not winning the title that year, Angle, Benoit, and Jericho all losing at Fully Loaded, way too many HHH vs Rock matches which were never anything beyond good at their best. Biker Taker. Austin was out most of the year.

1997 is the best.

Nekofrog

Banned
Oh god no you just reminded me that my wife and I are right around the corner from the bikertaker era. I remember just changing the channel back then when he came on. Bikertaker and The Unkillable Am I Fucking Going Over HHH of that era made me stop watching wrestling for a long time.

klonere

Banned
I just figured out what the fuck Meltzer has been hinting at for the New Day match at Mania.

Serious (possible, plans may change) Mania spoilers herein:

Bullet/Balor Club run in at the end of the New Day match. AT MANIA, not the Raw afterwards.

2000 HHH and Authority HHH (when he actually cares, and is not clearly thinking about what he'll do for the next Takeover) are two of the GOAT heels. It's unfortunate that Bryan's health fell off a cliff after WM XXX, but goddamn, did he make that man look like a true star.

mreddie

Oh god no you just reminded me that my wife and I are right around the corner from the bikertaker era. I remember just changing the channel back then when he came on. Bikertaker and The Unkillable Am I Fucking Going Over HHH of that era made me stop watching wrestling for a long time.

KEEP ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He has to be turning heel.

I actually did consider this - he came back beating up refs and started walking in through the entrance, which is unusual if his character is still smirking smiling babyface.

Degeneration X who's gonna kick your ass?

Does Chyna and X-PAC have something going on? I thought she was with Hunter? Who's sleeping with who?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i want to believe that is the real ryan leaf

lol, yes

The best thing you can say about CZW since Zandig sold it to Deej is that it's more diverse now - there's a bit of everything, not just the ultraviolent stuff. That doesn't offset what a terrible booker DJ is, however. Zandig's CZW was a lot more trashy, a lot more violent and had wonky booking a-plenty, but it had this charm to it that I struggle to explain. I liked that CZW, as terrible/dangerous/stupid as it could be.

I easily, EASILY prefer the Zandig era. I don't want variation. I watch CZW for "The bad shit" because that's what they excel at.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the funniest thing about the whole debacle between Jericho and Lil' Naitch is that everyone keep parroting this stupid line "Robinson did as he was supposed to and called the match like a shoot" when you can just look at it and see that he actually did the exact fucking opposite and stopped the count because the finish was supposed to be something else.

It seems to me like this whole "refs call the match legitimately" thing is worked shoot bullshit ever to make smarks flip out and say dumb shit like "maybe the undertaker forgot to kick out of Lesnar's third F5."

Tom Nook

The NFL Bust vs. The Superman Punch: Ryan Leaf vs Roman Reigns.

Book It for WM 33.

Reigns would still get Booed more than Leaf

Top Bottom