• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Fox318

Trips already beat Austin at the previous PPV. He didn't need the win. He wasn't beating Taker regardless.

This is trips. He stayed Heel because he knew he would be booked to job to Austin.

Lot of time between shows.

Lots of time to think and plan your moves.

HHH planed everything for mania 32 all along.

He finally gets cheered at a mania instead of yawns or MSG level heat.

If it wasn't for Taker debuting a new gimmick you just know he would have jobbed at mania.

Trips already beat Austin at the previous PPV. He didn't need the win. He wasn't beating Taker regardless.
There's an observer radio on youtube where Dave talks about how little sense it made to him that Triple H lost, considering that win he got over Austin. I'm not sure if they already thought of the streak as a thing at that point, or they let Taker get the win because the Two Man Power Trip was looming and they needed to prop up a face for Austin.

The streak was definitely a thing at WM 18 though, because otherwise that match with Flair is just an absurd blow off to that feud.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
There's an observer radio on youtube where Dave talks about how little sense it made to him that Triple H lost, considering that win he got over Austin. I'm not sure if they already thought of the streak as a thing at that point, or they let Taker get the win because the Two Man Power Trip was looming and they needed to prop up a face for Austin.

The streak was definitely a thing at WM 18 though, because otherwise that match with Flair is just an absurd blow off to that feud.
I definitely recall his Mania streak being mentioned in the lead up to 17. It probably wasn't considered as big a deal, but it's existence was there and acknowledged.

Biker Taker was good for one thing and one thing only, Max Bump is NAW;

WzrpoxC.gif
KCPhKsN.gif

klonere

Banned
The burial of Jimmy Barnett at the start of Chapter 20 was something I was not expecting and left me legit shook.

I kinda like Jimmy.

Why is everyone focused on what Romaine said, the other guy said he was going to break his own fingers, what in the fuck is that all about?

That Rock v Shamrock match may have been the best KoTR finals match ever. When Shamrock locked on the submission the crowd jumped up as if it were a ufc, they knew that was it.

mreddie

That Rock v Shamrock match may have been the best KoTR finals match ever. When Shamrock locked on the submission the crowd jumped up as if it were a ufc, they knew that was it.

Nation Rock was fucking impressive, they give him good workers and both sides brought their A game.

Okay fuck it. He's dead. Wtf man. Vince needs to get out here and stop it. Why did Taker chokeslam him. Wtf man. I can't watch this anymore.

Sephzilla

Man, if WrassleGAF was around the day Foley got thrown off the cage that thread would probably be 15 straight pages of people going HOLY FUCK

Son Of D

Man, if WrassleGAF was around the day Foley got thrown off the cage that thread would probably be 15 straight pages of people going HOLY FUCK

That and Hogan turning heel in WCW.

Craziest I've seen WrassleGAF get is when the streak was broken. Just all the people freaking out about that.

You shouldn't be allowed to dress yourself in a mask, long sleeves, long pants, and wear gloves for a First Blood match. And his other two world title wins are sneaking up behind a midget and cashing in MITB on another midget.

Kane is an asshole. The big red asshole

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That and Hogan turning heel in WCW.

Craziest I've seen WrassleGAF get is when the streak was broken. Just all the people freaking out about that.

I really enjoyed people believing it was a shoot and Lesnar went into business for himself to break the streak.

Lol, your killing me with this. Its fn hilarious.
She's filthy man. The same leather black jumpsuit every RAW. I guess she wears black to hide the stains. Too bad you can't hide smell. That's why Marc left her for an all natural, better looking clean, lady. I bet she gets in the HoF before Sable.

Looks like she has a new one. The middle is ripped but she probably did it to throw us off.
What do you have against Stone Cold?

How much of this stuff do you know?
I used to like Austin, he was a great business man. Working with Ted, just being an employee, but he's changed. He talks shit to his boss who gave him a better chance thab the other guys and he abuses him. Plus he beat hbk and turned tyson against him but that's a different story. That's why tonight he's going to get beat again by Kane.

Whose side are you on, Bluekaveli?
Not Austin's.

Top Bottom