• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was pretty upset when WWF saddled him with the little Mexican guy who wants to fuck Chyna gimmick.

but you see, WCW misused all those guys and WWF, the real place for wrestling, knew how to use them

like making eddie guerrero an abusive creep that wanted to fuck chyna
and making dean malnko an abusive creep that wanted to fuck lita
and making saturn someone with brain damage who wanted to fuck moppy

boy wwf sure did fix all of wcw's mistakes of booking those talented four

Zach

I only bought 2k16 because I got it for $5. Didn't buy one for years before that. Total garbage games. Won't get another until they change developers.

While I agree that they are really bad games, my brother and I had a good time when we Redboxed it a week or two ago. There is a lot of fun to be had in multiplayer, oftentimes because you're laughing at how crappy it is.

I really wish they'd tone down the meters and bars and crap. Simplify the game. Meters and bars and timed mini games all suck in a wrasslin' game.

Oh, and improve the animations. And add more moves. Especially classic moves. Every guy ever should have his finisher in the game. If I want to do Barry Windham's float-over suplex, I should be able to do that in 2016. C'mon!

(Sorry about that little rant.)

So we got Birdie vs Bison for the main event? Oh, that's a fascinating matchup!
Heel vs Heel, it's the matchup Wrasslegaf would've wanted.

I'm amazed that bobo, who regularly shits on Yukes for their unfinished ripoff games, bought an unfinished ripoff game.

I don't believe you're amazed for a second.
Because I swear its common knowledge that Bobo still ends up buying Yuke's games a each year anyway.
(boy I'm late to this party, continue ignoring me)

Bubba T

While I agree that they are really bad games, my brother and I had a good time when we Redboxed it a week or two ago. There is a lot of fun to be had in multiplayer, oftentimes because you're laughing at how crappy it is.

I really wish they'd tone down the meters and bars and crap. Simplify the game. Meters and bars and timed mini games all suck in a wrasslin' game.

Oh, and improve the animations. And add more moves. Especially classic moves. Every guy ever should have his finisher in the game. If I want to do Barry Windham's float-over suplex, I should be able to do that in 2016. C'mon!

I was done with Yuke's when they had that ridiculous story mode in SvR2007.

They really plateaued with Here Comes The Pain. It's impressive they haven't made a game that even comes close to it since it came out in what, 2003?

Local multiplayer in your living room is the only way you might be able to get some enjoyment out of it. You said it yourself mostly by making fun of how bad it is. Single player and online multiplayer are horrible and meters are just a part of it. Every time they make a change to the game each year, its usually for the worse.

Mahonay

Banned
Whatever happened to Perry's partner from ECW? Kronus.
Here he is in 2005 at Hardcore Homecoming
FcSPkAc.png

Striker

THQ/Yukes practically did away with the bars and everything aside from the pin and submission. They all came back when 2K got the series.

Zach

I was done with Yuke's when they had that ridiculous story mode in SvR2007.

They really plateaued with Here Comes The Pain. It's impressive they haven't made a game that even comes close to it since it came out in what, 2003?

The Yuke's games have always sucked outside of local multiplayer. From my experience, at least.

Here he is in 2005 at Hardcore Homecoming
FcSPkAc.png

Aww. That's sad. Kind of the saddest thing I've ever seen. But funny. I feel bad, though.

Does Ted DiBiase or Virgil wrestle in NWO?

Ted never wrestles. Virgil is the occasional nWo jobber.

Mahonay

Banned
OK I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.

I love fighting tournaments but I have always been so insanely shit at fighting games. Remembering combos just never clicked with me. Soul Calibur was the only fighting game I got kind of good at, and you could just mash out some bullshit in that.

Striker

The Yuke's games have always sucked outside of local multiplayer. From my experience, at least.
THQ always had poor playtesting with the games, so glitches were abound.

That said, I prefer their era of online MP to the current 2K side. Why they ever went away from freedom to choose your own game in a lobby is bewildering.

Zach

THQ always had poor playtesting with the games, so glitches were abound.

That said, I prefer their era of online MP to the current 2K side. Why they ever went away from freedom to choose your own game in a lobby is bewildering.

A lot of the crap they do is bewildering. But again, I don't have a ton of experience with the games. I probably have averaged a rental per game since, well, probably Here Comes the Pain. I'm one of those AKI dorks. ;_;

Striker

A lot of the crap they do is bewildering. But again, I don't have a ton of experience with the games. I probably have averaged a rental per game since, well, probably Here Comes the Pain. I'm one of those AKI dorks. ;_;
I'd pay to have the ability to have the N64 AKI games online. The WCW Revenge, World Tour, No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, etc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yukes forever disappointed me. Smackdown was garbage. Here Comes the Pain is only remembered because it has the best roster ever.

The one time they get it right by having the closest AKI clone series with the Day of Reckoning games they only make two of them and then as the Smackdown series goes multiplatform they keep those chucklefucks in charge of the game instead of the ones that, you know, made a good wrestling game for once.

Zach

I would Kickstart the hell out of a new:

Firepro

VPW

Toukon Retsuden

Giant Gram

Any or all of them.

I would honestly Kickstart a promising wrassle game so hard. Like, if it sounded Revenge/No Mercy-y, and had legit dudes behind it, I'd throw too much cash its way.

Top Bottom