• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

Oddly enough I HAVE seen the retirement speech. I forget if it was on YouTube or on a stream when they could still show that stuff on JTV. Of course, Ric Flair retired gracefully and has never been heard from again.

Right, HAS NEVER BEEN HEARD FROM AGAIN.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Well, he was at Wrestlemania 25 accompanied by Mickey Rourke :p but other than a cameo here or there, I don't think we've seen Flair anywhere else, and he's certainly not competing in the ring. He's a man of his word. I wonder if he has a twitter.

Izick

Well, he was at Wrestlemania 25 accompanied by Mickey Rourke :p but other than a cameo here or there, I don't think we've seen Flair anywhere else, and he's certainly not competing in the ring. He's a man of his word. I wonder if he has a twitter.

No!...umm, I mean, instead of looking for that, here's a gif of Kane playing baseball!

LyENs.gif

Some Wrestle Mania news.

-Word is that the reason that WWE has released so few matches for WrestleMania 28 is that WWE wants to give time for Rock vs. John Cena, HHH vs. Undertaker and CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho as well as time for any promos and vignettes involving the Rock on the show.

- At last word, CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho will open the show, while Triple H vs. Undertaker will happen in the middle, and Rock vs. John Cena will close the show.

- At this time The Miz doesn't have a match set for WrestleMania 28. There's been talk of having someone involved in the bout to set up the finish, and the Miz has been talking up the fact via social media that he will be "involved" in the main event.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

I'm fine with all this news except for The Miz run in. Save it for after the match because he's going to suck all the energy out of the stadium if he interferes during it. Last year they didnt have enough time for the main event so at least all the top matches will be getting the time they need.

man wtf wwe really wants me to stop watching don't they

Aiii

So not worth it
It's better for them to open the show.

1. They won't need to conserve time if Taker/Trips or other matches run over time, because Cena/Rock will definatly get their alloted time.
2. They won't be sandwidched between Taker/HHH and Cena/Rock, making sure the drowd will not conserve their cheering strength for those two bouts.
3. They'll get 30+ minutes and tell a great story in-ring.

It's the best spot for this match. They'll set the tone for the entire show. Smart booking on WWE's end.

The last I heard Ric Flair was sent to live on a farm where he could run around outside all day, where they had all of the long limousines and beautiful women he could ever want. Also, dad said we could get a new Ric Flair!

Izick

The last I heard Ric Flair was sent to live on a farm where he could run around outside all day, where they had all of the long limousines and beautiful women he could ever want. Also, dad said we could get a new Ric Flair!

They say if you close your eyes and strut in the middle of a ring, you can hear him wooo!

XenoRaven

Yes! Yes! Good!

Here's a gif of Hulk Hogan playing guitar in front of an American flag:

Ck0X3.gif

yes...yes...maybe if I can distract them long enough, they will never learn his shame...that ultimate shame!

Don't read that.
Hey look! Another legendary wrestling icon that retired gracefully and disappeared from the public eye! I feel really good about the past two pages!

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
It's better for them to open the show.

1. They won't need to conserve time if Taker/Trips or other matches run over time, because Cena/Rock will definatly get their alloted time.
2. They won't be sandwidched between Taker/HHH and Cena/Rock, making sure the drowd will not conserve their cheering strength for those two bouts.
3. They'll get 30+ minutes and tell a great story in-ring.

It's the best spot for this match. They'll set the tone for the entire show. Smart booking on WWE's end.

You know when you put it that way it does seem like a good idea. Taker/COO will probably be pretty slow like last year as well as Rock/Cena. I think the GM Tag team match would also be a good opener, but I'd rather Punk/Jericho get all the time they can get.

I guess you could call TNA a farm.

What is TNA?

It's pretty obvious how HHH/Taker will end.

Taker will finally have HHH dead and covered. HBK will HAVE A MENTAL STRUGGLE on WHETHER HE'LL DO THE RIGHT THING and hesitate to count. He'll finally get down and count two then stop momentarily, with Taker giving him a death stare. Then he'll finally count 3, HBK will be celebrated for doing the right thing, and Taker can go back into McCool's vagina for 11 months until WM29 rolls around.

We should all be so lucky. Id like to spend 11 months there.

mooooose

See people think Wrestlemania has been shitty for the last ten years, but I think it's been fine.

Everyone liked XX (even though 19 was better), but 21 was pretty good. Rey vs Eddie, MITB debut, as well as Orton, Cena, and Batista being solidified as the next guys. Also Angle vs HBK which was AMAZING.

22 was also pretty ok, HBK had a good match, Mickie and Trish had a great storyline and match, and Edge/Foley had probably the best hardcore match WWE has ever had and easily stole the show. Rey Orton Angle was pretty ok too, just very short.

23 had another good MITB, Benoit/MVP, and the surprisingly great match of Taker/Batista as well as Cena/HBK (overshadowed by their even better RAW match).

24 was weak to me, I won't lie. It had the great Michaels/Flair match, a fun celebrity match, and a decent triple threat championship match. Pretty meh.

25 had the second MITB and the beginning of good CM Punk in WWE, and Taker/Michaels saving the show. It wasn't that great and floundered the climax of a very good feud (Orton/HHH).

26 was DEFINITELY a comeback, with Rey/Punk, Jericho/Edge, Cena/Batista (amazing feud), and Taker/HBK. Much better PPV.

And finally, 27 which had Edge/Del Rio in a decent match (but I think Del Rio should've won), Rhodes/Rey which solidified Rhodes completely, Orton/Punk which was a great midcard match, Taker/HHH which was very good, and a meh main event but it had the Rock and would spur a next year's Wrestlemania main event and give Miz a rub.

WM had a couple missteps but the last ten years have been pretty good IMO and HBK has easily been MVP.

Izick

Hey look! Another legendary wrestling icon that retired gracefully and disappeared from the public eye! I feel really good about the past two pages!

it's working!

Here's a gif of Robocop saving sting from the Four Horsemen:

iLMCAucD7DV88.gif

I'm glad that both Robocop and Sting didn't go and try to reinvent themselves unsuccessfully.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
See people think Wrestlemania has been shitty for the last ten years, but I think it's been fine.

Everyone liked XX (even though 19 was better), but 21 was pretty good. Rey vs Eddie, MITB debut, as well as Orton, Cena, and Batista being solidified as the next guys. Also Angle vs HBK which was AMAZING.

22 was also pretty ok, HBK had a good match, Mickie and Trish had a great storyline and match, and Edge/Foley had probably the best hardcore match WWE has ever had and easily stole the show. Rey Orton Angle was pretty ok too, just very short.

23 had another good MITB, Benoit/MVP, and the surprisingly great match of Taker/Batista as well as Cena/HBK (overshadowed by their even better RAW match).

24 was weak to me, I won't lie. It had the great Michaels/Flair match, a fun celebrity match, and a decent triple threat championship match. Pretty meh.

25 had the second MITB and the beginning of good CM Punk in WWE, and Taker/Michaels saving the show. It wasn't that great and floundered the climax of a very good feud (Orton/HHH).

26 was DEFINITELY a comeback, with Rey/Punk, Jericho/Edge, Cena/Batista (amazing feud), and Taker/HBK. Much better PPV.

And finally, 27 which had Edge/Del Rio in a decent match (but I think Del Rio should've won), Rhodes/Rey which solidified Rhodes completely, Orton/Punk which was a great midcard match, Taker/HHH which was very good, and a meh main event but it had the Rock and would spur a next year's Wrestlemania main event and give Miz a rub.

WM had a couple missteps but the last ten years have been pretty good IMO and HBK has easily been MVP.
XX? People didn't like XX. Plenty of people were horribly disappointed in it, especially considering how hyped it was. 26 was trash too.

No!...umm, I mean, instead of looking for that, here's a gif of Kane playing baseball!

LyENs.gif

At Mania 26 Kane and Michelle Mccool were doing the signing for the platinum package. I meant to bring my Mania 25 blu but took it out to watch Taker-Michaels and left it at home. I did have a baseball from a AAA game in my suitcase.
When I handed it to Kane he looked at it dumbfounded for a minute, said thanks, and then acted like he was taking it. He then asked me if I had a pen because he heard sharpies smear on them. "But I don't know, I don't sign a lot of balls" Kane said. It was totally worth it.
Michelle was all for it, apparently she knew how to handle a ball.

Izick

At Mania 26 Kane and Michelle Mccool were doing the signing for the platinum package. I meant to bring my Mania 25 blu but took it out to watch Taker-Michaels and left it at home. I did have a baseball from a AAA game in my suitcase.
When I handed it to Kane he looked at it dumbfounded for a minute, said thanks, and then acted like he was taking it. He then asked me if I had a pen because he heard sharpies smear on them. "But I don't know, I don't sign a lot of balls" Kane said. It was totally worth it.

That's awesome!

From everything I've heard over the years, including this story, Glenn Jacobs seems like a really cool dude.

He kinda looks like Walt in Breaking Bad.

Mania has been fine the last ten years. 21 and 24 were great, a few were good.

Much better than a lot of the earlier Manias, where we usually got one good match, and a lot of trash.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man, I wish everyone in the industry was as nice as Glenn. Nicest guy in the industry, and I've never heard a negative thing about him.

ZeroRay

As I said, Waltertaker

Damn it. Looks like I missed the card discussion. I just hope we get around 2 hours of in ring action this year. Usually the match times don't exceed an 1h 30m for 4h WM's.

What is good. I've been taking care of business and haven't watched wrestling in a while. I catch ring ka king when I can because it's on YouTube, but how is everybody?

Can you guys guess the top 3 matches for next years WM?

I am thinking.

Rock Cena 2
Undertaker Vs. Lesnar
SCSA vs. Cm Punk.
Fixed, if he comes back, of course lol

I'm a little bothered by Punk/Jericho opening the show, mainly because it's for the WWE title... but I think we all know HHH/Taker and Rock/Cena will have the crowd hotter, and it's probably not a good idea to have it squished in between them (which I'm assuming is the fate for Bryan/Sheamus?)

UberTag

Fixed, if he comes back, of course lol

I'm a little bothered by Punk/Jericho opening the show, mainly because it's for the WWE title... but I think we all know HHH/Taker and Rock/Cena will have the crowd hotter, and it's probably not a good idea to have it squished in between them (which I'm assuming is the fate for Bryan/Sheamus?)
I'm thinking we'll see the following card...

America The Beautiful
CM Punk vs. Y2J
The Rock Promo
Randy Orton vs. Kane
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
John Cena Promo
The Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes
Triple H vs. Undertaker
Team Holla Holla vs. Team Excitement
Some Crap Angle Featuring Eve & Zack Ryder (or possibly some BS divas nonsense where Kelly Kelly gets a rollup pin in 3 minutes after Nattie rips a fart)
John Cena vs. The Rock

Does he have cancer or something?

Maybe he was just starting to lose his hair and said "fuck it" and shaved it all off.

I hope they keep the reveal until when they are both in the cell at mania.

It could be badass if taker took off his hood to reveal his shinny head. Maybe he could have some satanic thing painted on there.

Izick

Maybe he was just starting to lose his hair and said "fuck it" and shaved it all off.

It could be badass if taker took off his hood to reveal his shinny head. Maybe he could have some satanic thing painted on there.

That's what I'm guessing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I really wish Kane had stayed unmasked if that were the case. Seeing them both bald walking around would have made my day, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom