• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnby

That wasn't really his fault, though. I'm sure he didn't choose that match. In fact, didn't that match end up being kinda decent? That's how I recall it, anyway.

Of course it's not his fault. that's just how he has been booked. after his pathetic WM match he lost his title when Cena chased him around with a belt, which further booked him like the piece of garbage he is.

jmdajr

Still watching History of Undertaker on Netflix. His rematch with Hogan as biker taker was pretty good! I had forgotten Taker tied up Hulkster to his bike and dragged his ass around!

Still watching History of Undertaker on Netflix. His rematch with Hogan as biker taker was pretty good! I had forgotten Taker tied up Hulkster to his bike and dragged his ass around!

I was literally just watching this. I laughed a little in hogan's promo when he said every time he thought about Taker, he saw him burying children in his mind lol

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, I would've liked if they brought back Biker Taker for the 2nd (THIRD WWE, THIRD!) HHH vs Taker match.

He cut his hair and everything, pft.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm so damn bored I'm watching NXT for the first time in like 2 years and I've already seen Titus O'neill, who apparently now talks like a preacher, trying to get a date for Darren Young with Tamina and Johnny Curtis sending a text to Josh Matthews saying his car was stolen for Maxine so he will leave Regal alone on commentary and Maxine can go and try to convince Regal to get her off NXT(yes, there is an angle about someone not wanting to be on this horrible show), Maxine and Johnny Curtis are backstage hiding when Matthews comes backstage and talks to Striker who tells Matthews where his car is. Striker walks by the spot where Maxine and Curtis are hiding and Curtis CHLOROFORMS Striker by mistake thinking it was Matthews and dumps him in a canister of some kind after he passes out. ALL WITHIN THE FIRST 20 MINUTES OF THE SHOW.

Attitude era is back, baby.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So far, who do you all think is least deserving of a Mania payday and slated to be on the show?

Ultratech

Saw Jericho on Fallon last night. Was pretty funny, though the whole segment with him was fairly short IMO.

Of course it's not his fault. that's just how he has been booked. after his pathetic WM match he lost his title when Cena chased him around with a belt, which further booked him like the piece of garbage he is.

Pretty much my thoughts. They could've made Miz look a lot better, then they made his championship reign shit (via horrendous booking). And now he's floating in Midcard Hell.

And yeah, most of his interviews to tend to run together.

I'm so damn bored I'm watching NXT for the first time in like 2 years and I've already seen Titus O'neill, who apparently now talks like a preacher, trying to get a date for Darren Young with Tamina and Johnny Curtis sending a text to Josh Matthews saying his car was stolen for Maxine so he will leave Regal alone on commentary and Maxine can go and try to convince Regal to get her off NXT(yes, there is an angle about someone not wanting to be on this horrible show), Maxine and Johnny Curtis are backstage hiding when Matthews comes backstage and talks to Striker who tells Matthews where his car is. Striker walks by the spot where Maxine and Curtis are hiding and Curtis CHLOROFORMS Striker by mistake thinking it was Matthews and dumps him in a canister of some kind after he passes out. ALL WITHIN THE FIRST 20 MINUTES OF THE SHOW.

I...hmm...

I should possibly watch this. Though nobody will escape the purgatory that is NXT.

Ithil

Just finished re-reading The Death of WCW. It baffles the mind to think that the likes of Hogan were old and tired back then, in 1996-2001, and holding on to their old glory at the expense of younger guys even then. Frigging 10+ years later, they're still here.

Hogan often still talks about the "next big thing" or "passing the torch", as though he's still the guy on top, even though he should have retired in 2002.

It is mind boggling to consider how little has changed.

jmdajr

So far, who do you all think is least deserving of a Mania payday and slated to be on the show?

How much is she getting paid?

MariaMenounosAAFeb09.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Just finished re-reading The Death of WCW. It baffles the mind to think that the likes of Hogan were old and tired back then, in 1996-2001, and holding on to their old glory at the expense of younger guys even then. Frigging 10+ years later, they're still here.

Hogan often still talks about the "next big thing" or "passing the torch", as though he's still the guy on top, even though he should have retired in 2002.

To be fair, seeing how nobody in the world watches TNA, most people do think he is retired.

Only Hogan himself still thinks he's relevant.

krae_man

So even with Otunga in a prominent role they can't get Jennifer Hudson to sing on WM?

Wow.

She's not stupid.

Wonder if she realises he only has a job because of her and if she wants him to quit wrestling and get that big boy job that pays more then "only" 200k/year, all she has to do is stop being famous.

Looking forward to HHH getting Metallica as intro music but his dad being too cheap to pay to license Hendrix for WCW dvds

Springing for the PPV and Springing for the DVD are completely different things. The Wrestlemania DVD will be completely silent with no audio whatsoever to avoid having to pay any music royalties.

Ithil

To be fair, seeing how nobody in the world watches TNA, most people do think he is retired.

Only Hogan himself still thinks he's relevant.

I know that, but it's that he's still around and still doing the same thing after last being relevant 12 years ago, and thinks his stranglehold on TNA is on the same level as his one on WCW. There's out of touch with reality and then there's...that.

Then again, the wrestling business breeds this sort of guy, who holds onto past gimmicks or styles or spots years after they're picked clean and refuses to change or retire. Sean Morley was still wearing a towel on the indies in 2010 if I recall, having started the Val Venis character 12 freaking years previously.

G-Fex

I guess he was a bit tired back then, but I'm sure Hollywood was kinda big, plus all those huge pops once he returned to WWE.

Hogan will die standing up, because he sure isn't going to be laying down.

Hogan will Hulk up once Death tries to put him down. Then he'll point at death/whip to ropes/big boot/leg drop the Grim Reaper.

FyreWulff

She's not stupid.

Wonder if she realises he only has a job because of her and if she wants him to quit wrestling and get that big boy job that pays more then "only" 200k/year, all she has to do is stop being famous.

Springing for the PPV and Springing for the DVD are completely different things. The Wrestlemania DVD will be completely silent with no audio whatsoever to avoid having to pay any music royalties.

Licensing Metallica live for one time use costs just as much as it is to license Hendrix for DVDs for WCW's entire run. Let's not forget the WWE completely replaced the nWo theme with this crap for a while before they came to their senses.

Now, omitting Michael Buffer makes sense since he's unaffordable for anyone.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I guess he was a bit tired back then, but I'm sure Hollywood was kinda big, plus all those huge pops once he returned to WWE.

Hogan will Hulk up once Death tries to put him down. Then he'll point at death/whip to ropes/big boot/leg drop the Grim Reaper.
Hogan is huge, but almost all those WCW stars got big pops because back then WCW stars in fucking WWF/E was a wrestling fan's wet dream. Even Lance Storm got a huge pop when he debuted. (OK so they were in Calgary but still)

And lol at Hogan no selling death. That's a lot better than the time Cena no sold death back in 08.

Lilian Garcia is boring, someone knock her of the ring apron please.

Get Chimel to sing it, that would be funny.

Raaaaaaaaated R! SOOOOOOPaStaaaaaar.

Kane and Orton.

There is absolutely zero point to this match other than giving these two money.

That's actually the angle and build up for this match. Kane and Orton need money. That's the fucking story, guys.

krae_man

If anyone is still looking for tickets to Mania, WWE is releasing nice seats they were unable to scalp. There's some second row riser tickets in Section 40 and 44 available and some decent risers in section 13 as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lilian Garcia is boring, someone knock her of the ring apron please.

Get Chimel to sing it, that would be funny.

Raaaaaaaaated R! SOOOOOOPaStaaaaaar.

I used to dislike Lillian until I saw her skirt get torn off.

I dont know what it is about black underwear but...yowza.

RBH

WWE star John Cena appeared on The Mix 106.1 in Philadelphia, Pa. and took credit for coming up with the idea for the WWE spinning title belt. "I'm the one that needs to be tied to the stake and burned as a witch," Cena said. "I'm the one who 'disgraced the WWE Championship.'

"Side note, the WWE spinning championship is not only the most requested item from anyone who wants any merchandise from WWE, and that goes all the way up to Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers people, but it's also the most sold championship of all time."

Cena also endorsed the idea of changing the title belt. "I don't know if it will go back to the winged eagle, but being the guy who truly invented it, it needs to change. It has been the way it's been for years now. It's had it's run. It doesn't even spin anymore. It's heavy, it's awkward. It really is.

"An average championship belt weighs about 12 pounds. The current WWE spinning championship weighs about 27 pounds. So we need a rehash. I'm proactively trying to do that. I only have so much stroke, guys. I can't do everything."

Cena also said he would love to work with Steve Austin if he returns for another match. He also spoke briefly about being in the movie "Ready to Rumble." He praised a dark match that Seth Rollins had in Cleveland, Ohio. "Man, was I impressed with his dark match," Cena said. He also had positive things to say about Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, and Zack Ryder, though he noted that Ryder has "fallen off the face of the earth" after having a lot of success last year.

To view the interview, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npyj0HzICuE
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10024089.shtml

"he noted that Ryder has "fallen off the face of the earth" after having a lot of success last year."

Lol, I wonder why that could be? Pairing Ryder with Cena was a step back for him, rather than the step forward it should have been, but the same can be said of many talents after being involved in a program with Cena. The only person that ever benefits is Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane and Orton.

That's actually the angle and build up for this match. Kane and Orton need money. That's the fucking story, guys.
Oh, oh you son of a. . . . . ahahahaha. Yeah, you know what you're doing. You certainly do. Hehe

Kane and Orton.

It's actually in appreciation of the ten year anniversary of the Kane/Angle match at WM 18 that also made zero fucking sense.

Oh, oh you son of a. . . . . ahahahaha. Yeah, you know what you're doing. You certainly do. Hehe

Come on, there's nothing at stake here. Regardless of who wins or loses, nothing is changing. So who gives a F?

Is Kane putting the mask on the line? No.

Is Orton going to be Kane's servant if he loses? No.

If Kane wins, does he get a championship? Become a #1 contender? No.

If Orton wins, can he get into the Raw uppercard and escape from Smackdown? No.

The only thing we can possibly look forward to with this match, is that it signifies the end of this BS and these two can hopefully move on to something interesting immediately afterwards.

Hogan has earned carte blanche my friend.

Striker

What is the Raw uppercard? I look at Raw and look at it a few ways:

Main Event - Cena and whoever he is feuding with
WWE title - Champion (Punk) versus whoever he is feuding with
Rest - exchange wins, develop no story, weekly Diva crap that goes nowhere, comedy shit with Santino

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Come on, there's nothing at stake here. Regardless of who wins or loses, nothing is changing. So who gives a F?

Is Kane putting the mask on the line? No.

Is Orton going to be Kane's servant if he loses? No.

If Kane wins, does he get a championship? Become a #1 contender? No.

The only thing we can possibly look forward to with this match, is that it signifies the end of this BS and these two can hopefully move on to something interesting immediately afterwards.
You can say the exact same thing for most of the damn card.

bangai-o

Banned
"he noted that Ryder has "fallen off the face of the earth" after having a lot of success last year."

Lol, I wonder why that could be? Pairing Ryder with Cena was a step back for him, rather than the step forward it should have been, but the same can be said of many talents after being involved in a program with Cena. The only person that ever benefits is Cena.
why gaf blames Cena so often gets dumb. Its not like he is the writer of whole show. Blame the writers for dumping the entire arc, for not being able to put together a real continuation for Ryder and Eve. Instead Eve is now a slutty heel just because someone in creative didnt realize the difference between friend zone heat vs slutty heat. Now Kane is in a fued with Orton because RANDY ORTON. THey had a years advance to know Cena vs The Rock and it still wasnt enough for them to be creative.

What is the Raw uppercard? I look at Raw and look at it a few ways:

Main Event - Cena and whoever he is feuding with
WWE title - Champion (Punk) versus whoever he is feuding with
Rest - exchange wins, develop no story, weekly Diva crap that goes nowhere, comedy shit with Santino
I guess I meant a combination of the Main Event and WWE title.

You can say the exact same thing for most of the damn card.

Bryan v. Sheamus = WHC Title

Rhodes v. Big Show = IC Title + Big Show overcoming or succumbing to his reputation/history at Wrestlemania.

6 man tag match = Winning team leader (Long or Laurinaitis) gain control of both Raw and Smackdown.

Divas tag match = Ok, I'll give you this one.

Punk v. Jericho = WWE title, title of 'Best in the World', Jericho talking shit about Punk's family, Punk's sobriety?

HHH v. Taker (w/ Michaels) = Went over this yesterday. Battle, War, bla, bla, bla. Shawn's better. HHH doing it for Shawn. Hell in a cell. And of course, The Streak.

Cena v. Rock = Attitude era v. current shit. Former biggest star v. current biggest star. Guy who never loses might actually lose. Will Rock stay if he wins? (no.)

Kane v. Orton = Kane shook Randy's hand last Summer. No change or consequences if either Kane or Orton wins, or there's a draw, disqualification, whatever. Same result regardless. You do get to see an RKO that targets the opponents knee, so there's that. Will easily be the worst match on the card, hands down.

why gaf blames Cena so often gets dumb. Its not like he is the writer of whole show. Blame the writers for dumping the entire arc, for not being able to put together a real continuation for Ryder and Eve.

I'm not blaming Cena and what I said stands; I honestly can't think of many talents elevated by working in a feud with Cena. It doesn't matter that he's only doing what the writers give him, the effect is still the same - Cena benefits, others don't, because the focus is entirely on making Cena look as strong as possible in every given situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom