• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Just saw The Wind Rises and wow, beautiful stuff. It was like the TNA of movies and much like TNA, I watched it alone and there were only 2 other people in the theatre.

Wind Rises>Frozen

Shame in you Academy
The Academy can't vote for what they didn't watch.
And because nobody mandates that Academy members have to watch all of the performances in a category before voting for it, it should come as no surprise that Frozen won.
Academy members are lazy as fuck. They're lazier than CM Punk. They're lazier than Jerry Lawler. That's super lazy.

I, on the other hand, did watch all of the Animated Feature nominees and would have STILL given the Oscar to Frozen. Even though I actually liked a film that was nominated in that category BETTER than Frozen. Namely Ernest & Celestine.

The Wind Rises was fine but Miyazaki's already won an Oscar for his best film and sure as hell doesn't need to win Oscars for his mediocre shit when none of his other genuinely great films that weren't called Spirited Away won anything.

If anyone in that category deserves a "make up" Oscar from the Academy at this point, it's France. The Triplets of Belleville was robbed (losing to Finding Nemo) and they've been continuously nominated ever since for Persepolis, The Illusionist, A Cat in Paris and now Ernest & Celestine and they haven't won jack squat.

But enough about that. RAW is tonight. And common sense would dictate that if he's going to show up tonight, CM Punk will be there front and center at 8:00pm to forego hijack attempts from the audience.

I will also be shocked if D.Brine wins against Big Dave tonight. Seems to be a foregone conclusion that he would lose.

Anyone who jumps ships and participates in that bootleg thread is going to get a surprise scorpion death drop when they least expect it.

And you will also be removed from my christmas mailing list.
Clearly we need 5 new WWE-related threads in the Off-Topic forum each week because why keep chatter relegated to the Community thread? Hell, Heavy didn't even bump the existing thread in the OT relating to CM Punk's walkout and created a new one unnecessarily (and he clearly knew about the old one because he linked to it in his OP).

styl3s

Anyone who jumps ships and participates in that bootleg thread is going to get a surprise scorpion death drop when they least expect it.

Alucard

Banned
They really need to utilize the Bad News Barrett interruptions as fan trolls.

Like having Bryan's music hit at Rumble and seeing the podium come up.

Or having Punk's music come on tonight.

Actually excited about Raw tonight based on the buzz, the fact it's Chicago, and to see where they go with Bryan if/when Punk returns.

styl3s

They really need to utilize the Bad News Barrett interruptions as fan trolls.

Like having Bryan's music hit at Rumble and seeing the podium come up.

Or having Punk's music come on tonight.

Actually excited about Raw tonight based on the buzz, the fact it's Chicago, and to see where they go with Bryan if/when Punk returns.
That would probably cause a riot.
please let this happen

Vylash

Am I the only one not looking forward to Shield vs Wyatts 2 at all? It's Raw so it's pretty much confirmed to not get a clean finish which really sucks the fun out of it

Rapstah

Am I the only one not looking forward to Shield vs Wyatts 2 at all? It's Raw so it's pretty much confirmed to not get a clean finish which really sucks the fun out of it

It's not guaranteed to be a good match at all. They should be really careful about giving Bray Wyatt bad matches.

jmdajr

The Academy can't vote for what they didn't watch.
And because nobody mandates that Academy members have to watch all of the performances in a category before voting for it, it should come as no surprise that Frozen won.
Academy members are lazy as fuck. They're lazier than CM Punk. They're lazier than Jerry Lawler. That's super lazy.

I, on the other hand, did watch all of the Animated Feature nominees and would have STILL given the Oscar to Frozen. Even though I actually liked a film that was nominated in that category BETTER than Frozen. Namely Ernest & Celestine.

The Wind Rises was fine but Miyazaki's already won an Oscar for his best film and sure as hell doesn't need to win Oscars for his mediocre shit when none of his other genuinely great films that weren't called Spirited Away won nothing.

but anime!

mrboo001

Banned

I hope this is for a build for Wrestlemania. Seems like it won't be best for business to give this rematch for free.

Yeah, I thought their match at Elimination Chamber was great and didn't really need a follow up. Besides I thought Wyatts were after Cena now?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funny thing I noticed rewatching some of this stuff is that Bray Wyatt's matches always suck on Raw and Smackdown and are pretty good (or are an inferno match) on PPV. He's already in star mode it looks like.

Aiii

So not worth it
1724630_10153918810400204_1696607252_n.jpg

JBL is the one who knocks.

jmdajr

Hardyz/Dudleys/EDGE & Blue Dot got tons of follow ups.

I don't want them to overkill that thing, but I think a few more wouldn't hurt. I'd like to see at least one no hold barred match and then end it.

Sephzilla

Fine Sting, I'll come back here.

Just don't get caged by the horsemen again.

jmdajr

It's been awhile since I have actually seen people throw crap into the ring. I think tonight could be a good opportunity.

Bury Bryan, No Punk save. It could be great!

Hardyz/Dudleys/EDGE & Blue Dot got tons of follow ups.

I don't want them to overkill that thing, but I think a few more wouldn't hurt. I'd like to see at least one no hold barred match and then end it.

Yeah, I guess but that was 3 different teams and they built it up with each time having a match based on their 'specialty' before going TLC crazy.

Vylash

It's been awhile since I have actually seen people throw crap into the ring. I think tonight could be a good opportunity.

WWE threatens to sue anyone who throws things at the wrestlers, so that won't happen

It was crazy when I saw it the first time during Bash at the Beach, but then it happened nearly every time the NWO appeared in the WCW and it just made WCW look tacky in the end (strobogo comment here).

So, unless something akin to Hogan turning happening tonight then I hope there's no rubbish thrown.

Rapstah

They have reasons for not wanting anyone to throw shit into the ring with all the scare stories of people slipping on sodas and whatnot.

Sephzilla

They have reasons for not wanting anyone to throw shit into the ring with all the scare stories of people slipping on sodas and whatnot.

The only real scenario where we'd ever see stuff get thrown into the ring tonight is if Batista/Bryan ends with Batista squashing Bryan with no Punk save. And that would be at the end of the show.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WWF never liked it back in the day either. It was various southern promotions (and eventually ECW) that loved it.

They weren't above using plants in JCP to get it started either.

Aiii

So not worth it
As previously reported, the WWE Main Event television taping this coming Tuesday night in Detroit will be airing live on the WWE Network. Following the technical problems with the NXT Arrival live special, this is apparently being viewed as an attempt by WWE to run another live special to make sure the technical glitches are smoothed out to the best of their ability before the big WrestleMania XXX event takes place on the WWE Network in April.

According to reports, the WWE Main Event television tapings will be airing live on the WWE Network every Tuesday night from now until WrestleMania XXX.

Guess they're gonna book some big matches on Main Event the coming weeks if they want to do some serious testing.

Sephzilla

WWF never liked it back in the day either. It was various southern promotions (and eventually ECW) that loved it.

They weren't above using plants in JCP to get it started either.

And WCW
granted I guess that's southern, even if they were the big #2 promotion

hqdefault.jpg

Rapstah

People throw trash into the ring at WM1 when Koloff sings the Russian national anthem. It's not accompanied by the loudest booing of the night, so I think that's just the thing you did when he sang the national anthem.

Batigol

Banned
Raw thread in OT is so stupid. We don't need two threads talking about the same Raw. Should be getting new people to post in here instead of splintering discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom