• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

olimpia84

Only needed to play the demo once to know I'm getting this game. Looks great and it has the usual Mario Golf fun elements :)

BowieZ

Banned
So has anyone figured out if the demo is any lower quality than the actual game? It seems much more jaggy and JPEG like than I was expecting...

Stat!

Is there an instant replay of sorts (after I take the shot or if I then can save it in the main game)?

I know you can replay the shot as you hit it but I just hit an awesome eagle from 100 yards out with backspin into the hole and would want to see it again.

No shot replays this time around. Why? Because Camelot.

I mean come on, it even saves every shot you make when you're doing a tournament and then sends that data to the server. Dang it Camelot. WHYYYYYYYY?

Draconian

Had a fantastic three holes on Yoshi Lake. I missed a 4 foot par putt on the 2nd hole and then came back and sunk a birdie from 60 feet on the last hole.

tried the demo some more and as i come to grips with the controls i feel like this could be a lot of fun even just in Single Player hmmm. Damnit, now i am really conflicted whether to grab this or get HSG Vita for 9.99 instead!!

Kouriozan

No shot replays this time around. Why? Because Camelot.

I mean come on, it even saves every shot you make when you're doing a tournament and then sends that data to the server. Dang it Camelot. WHYYYYYYYY?

Yeah, that's disappointing >.<
It's nice to have some replay of your best shot!

Xater

tried the demo some more and as i come to grips with the controls i feel like this could be a lot of fun even just in Single Player hmmm. Damnit, now i am really conflicted whether to grab this or get HSG Vita for 9.99 instead!!

For just SP I'd pick HSG Vita over this game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

You can buy both for less than what we're paying for mario in Europe :p

But then we get HSG for free so I guess it balances

Good morning.

BTW, you'll need to regularly get HIOs, Eagles, etc. if you want to be at the top of the World Tournaments. Trust me on this one. ;_;

RoadDogg

Good morning.

BTW, you'll need to regularly get HIOs, Eagles, etc. if you want to be at the top of the World Tournaments. Trust me on this one. ;_;

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Back when TT first came out Nintendo held a tournament you could enter online. I don't remember my exact score but it wasn't anything spectacular. I still ended up winning one of the higher prize packages full of mario golf themed items like a visor, wrist band, necklace thing, and other stuff.

...Guess i'm out of luck. I can barely land right beside the darn holes lol.
Don't worry. That won't matter until you have freakish consistency. <3 'Cause like, if you can't capitalize on those HIOs or Albatrosses then it's pretty much a wash.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. Back when TT first came out Nintendo held a tournament you could enter online. I don't remember my exact score but it wasn't anything spectacular. I still ended up winning one of the higher prize packages full of mario golf themed items like a visor, wrist band, necklace thing, and other stuff.
That was in like 2003, right? Arcade golf just isn't the same anymore, really. If you don't make any long shots then in the World Tournaments you will probably end up in a huge tie. Combine that with the ability to retry tournaments until the deadline and it'll certainly be tough.

Though I don't think it'll be like that for GAF tourneys.

ask yourself if you will feel like your missing out when we are all on here raving about game and online competition etc etc.

LoveCake

If anyone wants to add me then hit me up,

My info is;

NNID ~ B1G_A1AN
FC ~ 0087-2285-0027

please PM me if you add me so that i can add you back.

i'm getting this day one (in the afternoon i suppose), i will be getting it digitally & also the season pass thingy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Watched some youtubes of people playing this game and good god do some people suck ass at golf games. Much like racers, I won't be able to listen to any criticism seriously until I see proof that the writer knows what they're doing.

Watched some youtubes of people playing this game and good god do some people suck ass at golf games. Much like racers, I won't be able to listen to any criticism seriously until I see proof that the writer knows what they're doing.
Now now, they can't be *that* ba-
8qffK.jpg
...Nevermind.

Draconian

Apparently I'm some kind of expert on the 3rd hole on Yoshi Lake. I've played it three times and have birdied a 60 foot and a 71 foot putt. Went -3 on all 3 holes last night and it felt really good.

Nintendo Life's review has been updated: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/mario_golf_world_tour

It goes into detail on the online. The most important thing is that it confirms that to hold a GAF tourney we can make the tourney ingame and then post the code here. *Also*, apparently you can just make a tourney flat-out public and it'll appear in a list or something. Not too clear on that.

hmmm nice review, but they really are gushing more about the online than anything else here, i suppose since i have become more of a single player guy lately, Hot Shots might serve me better...

Still would just LOVE to "explore" all the different courses/worlds in this since i love the worlds they create across different franchises BUT since Nintendo doesn't do discounts i probably won't bite

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nope. They never have on Friday releases that I've seen.

I want to say I got Zelda A Link Between Worlds from them on a Friday, but I can't remember how that exchange went...just remember having to contact their customer support several times to get a clear answer.

Velcro Fly

The best you can do with Amazon is have Prime I suppose. I had a free trial and used it to get this and Kirby as fast as possible. Wouldn't have bothered but I had a decent chunk of credit.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The best you can do with Amazon is have Prime I suppose. I had a free trial and used it to get this and Kirby as fast as possible. Wouldn't have bothered but I had a decent chunk of credit.

I have Prime. Mario Golf says release date shipping is available in most places, but when I try to order it, the option is gone.

This only happens with Nintendo games, lol.

krae_man

So what sport has Mario not done yet?

Wrestling?

I would be day 1 for a Mario Hockey game.

Mario Sports Mix (&#12510;&#12522;&#12458;&#12473;&#12509;&#12540;&#12484;&#12511;&#12483;&#12463;&#12473; Mario Sup&#333;tsu Mikkusu?) is a sports video game developed by Square Enix for the Wii. It was released on November 25, 2010 in Japan, and in early 2011 in other regions. It features Volleyball, Hockey, Dodgeball, and Basketball.

Dunbar

Does the E Shop not offer preorders? I was hoping to have it paid for in advance and it could download in sleep mode on Friday so it would be ready to play when I get home from work?

Does the E Shop not offer preorders? I was hoping to have it paid for in advance and it could download in sleep mode on Friday so it would be ready to play when I get home from work?
It doesn't. The only thing you can really do is put the money on the eShop in advance and then wake up a few minutes earlier to start the download before you leave. It'll be up at midnight so you'll be able to do that. Luckily there's Download Later so you can download it with the 3DS in sleep mode.

Darkgran

Going to get this digitally but I have a question. Is there still an issue with save files being corrupted on digital games?

Salsa

you guys gonna buy the Season Pass right away? I think im gonna wait till the second DLC pack is out and then decide, even tho I do have enough funds..

all depends on wether I get Tomodachi Life at launch I guess

daydream

Banned
We're almost there, guys. Think I'm gonna start trying my luck on Wednesday, know a shop that always breaks street date if they have a leftover copy (= not preordered).

you guys gonna buy the Season Pass right away? I think im gonna wait till the second DLC pack is out and then decide, even tho I do have enough funds..

I think I will, mainly since I have enough on my account.

Kinsei

Banned

I will. I have a few hundred bucks in spending money sitting in my bank account, so I figure why not? I love the demo so I don't think it's a bad purchase.

Top Bottom