• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Just finished adding in the last couple FC in the OP. Still haven't been added by a decent amount of the names in there, but I guess it doesn't matter because you can set up tournaments without being friends. Can't wait for my copy to come tomorrow afternoon!
I plan on adding people while waiting for the game to go up on the eShop.

Has anyone bought eShop game codes via bestbuy.com before? I'm hoping it isn't too long after the game goes live that they actually email the codes out. Normally I wouldn't have gone this way but I had RZ bucks to burn.

Here's my FC: 1349-6390-0448

I'll add everyone when I get home. I'll also be joining that tournament :D Thanks!

Trying to get a few games in before my lunch break ends, lol.

Mdesilva

Disappointed that I'll have to wait on this, but too many purchases limit my spending on new releases. Gotta wait for a sale. Guess I'll just pick it up with Kirby and something else in the next big B2G1 sale.

Robin64

A few pars and a couple of disgusting bogeys left me with a score of -7 for the NeoGAF EarlyBird tournament. Easily beatable!

(19-1168-9943-8813 to join in)

Everyone please feel free to add me. Been way too long since my 3DS has gotten solid use, and Mario Golf will change that.

Got the Shakes - Steve - 0473 8150 0939

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone know if you can download DLC from the eshop without owning the game? I wanted to download the season pass tomorrow morning so I wouldn't need to do it after I got the game.

Robin64

Just played Fixed Character Tournament 1 in the Mario Open series and earnt a "Mario Combo" for doing so. This is a shirt and trousers set based on Mario. Red trousers, white shirt with a red M. Very slick!

Salsa

They're promoting Kirby a hell of a lot more on the eShop tho. Only one item for Mario Golf and they don't even talk about the Season Pass

Kouriozan

Is there a GAF community yet?
Also, I'll jump into the tournament immediately, with the only training I got from the demo last week, here goes nothing!

npa189

Has anyone bought eShop game codes via bestbuy.com before? I'm hoping it isn't too long after the game goes live that they actually email the codes out. Normally I wouldn't have gone this way but I had RZ bucks to burn.

I did it for animal crossing, it was like 30min after it went live on the eshop that I got my code. I did the same for this as I had reward $ too. We should get it pretty quick.

Robin64

Is there a GAF community yet?
Also, I'll jump into the tournament immediately, with the only training I got from the demo last week, here goes nothing!

Does Mario Golf have a Community option? Haven't seen one while playing, only tournaments.

SuperPac

So I've created a private tournament for us!

Called "NeoGAF EarlyBird", it runs from now until Sunday at midnight UK time.

The code to join is 19-1168-9943-8813

Good luck to everyone, see you there!

Can you be participating in multiple private tournaments or are you limited? Is a tournament a one-time thing with a beginning/end date or can you create a recurring community where multiple tournaments will take place?

I hope it's not like Wii Fit U where you can only be in one community at a time. :'(

I'm very new to 3ds - had it less than a week - but Mario golf arrives tomorrow!!! Don't imagine I'll be troubling any leaderboards but my friend code is:

1220-8186-4825

Robin64

Can you be participating in multiple private tournaments or are you limited? Is a tournament a one-time thing with a beginning/end date or can you create a recurring community where multiple tournaments will take place?

I hope it's not like Wii Fit U where you can only be in one community at a time. :'(

You can play in as many tournaments as you want. There's no limit. You can also play as many rounds in a single tournament as you want, improving your score if you can, right up to the tournament end.

They appear to be one time, with a start and end time, so people will need to create new ones to have a recurring theme going on.

have added everyone's FC from page 1 list.

Mine is (kobashi200) 2767-0012-4155

Look forward to Gaf tournaments

will be joining that "NeoGAF EarlyBird" tournament as soon as I have the game.

Zalman

Still on the fence about buying this game. I think Toadstool Tour might be enough for me. Looking forward to some impressions tomorrow though!

Robin64

Neat. The Mario Combo I got from the stroke tournament and the Mario Visor I got from the coin tournament each add 3 yards to my shot. Score!

zlCfzR3_23AOuu0gjv

Robin64

The Castle mode definitely brings a bit of the RPG flavour back. Walking around talking to people, unlocking gear and customising your character, improving stats. Not quite up there with the GBC/GBA ones, but it's a nice little frontend for golfing action.

The online play is definitely the shining part of this game, though. It's stuffed to the gills with things to do.

LoveCake

Anyone know how many blocks this is? I have my $30 credit on the eShop still...

Difficult to say, it's a pretty big game.

I am just putting some credit on my 3DS.

If i am awake at midnight (i should be) i will DL it, i will let you know how many blocks.

It's STILL not live here in the UK yet :mad:

So I've created a private tournament for us!

Called "NeoGAF EarlyBird", it runs from now until Sunday at midnight UK time.

The code to join is 19-1168-9943-8813

Good luck to everyone, see you there!

Just entered :) Thanks! Going to try my luck now.

Need your 3DS game before I can add you.

EDIT: *NAME. I fail.

Hispanicguy - Fluxx - 1349-6390-0448

I just added everyone on the first post, btw.

Robin64

This is what you get for entering World Tournament 1, which is done via the basement in the Castle.

zlCfzR4AL8AZUuYrs9

Do want!

Top Bottom