• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Okamid3n

Got the game and the only thing I did was play the gaf early bird, hah.

Got a -8 on front and a painful -3 on back, ouch. But hey, -11 for my first round is fine, I'm happy with that front 9.

You might wanna delete your data download before you try again. Could be corrupted. I'm just talking the DLC FYI!

I've done that twice, it's still getting errors. I guess if it's still happening tomorrow I'll contact Nintendo. I don't want a refund or anything, I just want it to work. Maybe I'll delete the game data. I guess I'd rather do that now than later.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
S7X2r8W.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Kinsei

Banned
Do you get anything for reaching a certain score in the endless challenges? I just unlocked endless shot challenge but I'm not going to bother with it if it doesn't unlock anything.

Toadette's animations are the cutest thing ever.

zlCfzR4PJDgWO-i0JP

Dice

DAT CLUTCH TIME ATTACK CHIP-IN BIRDIE

I never expected golf to become so thrilling.

Okamid3n

Why can't you see the leaderboard as you play?

Yea, this is something I would've wished for, too.

Maybe it's to not give late-players an advantage, since they'd know how much risk they need to take when considering the scores they have to beat, but...I don't think it would've been a big deal.

Stoof

I'm so bad at this game but it's really fun! Though I come up short far too often on putts even with extra power :(

SuperPac

Where is the store? I played some challenges and supposedly unlocked some gear. Where do I access that? Uhhhhhhhbbbbbbbb

So whats everyones thought on the game so far? Get mine from amazon tom, cant wait to play! Also when is the embargo lifted for reviews, I havent seen any.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This game is a really f**king robust package. Very impressed with the tournament system and how integrated it is into the game modes.

I know Castle Club isn't quite the RPG mode folks want, but it's still a really nice interface for the game. Nintendo's sports games have suffered stripped down presentation for a long time now. It's gratifying to see them put this much effort in.

Dice

I'm so bad at this game but it's really fun! Though I come up short far too often on putts even with extra power :(
Yeah that is my only substantial complaint with the game. The power suggestion on putting is too low. You do need to be mindful of slope arrows, but even when it's totally flat, the marker is too low.

Where is the store? I played some challenges and supposedly unlocked some gear. Where do I access that? Uhhhhhhhbbbbbbbb
The doorway to the store is in the castle club on the upper (not balcony) left side of the main hall.

I guess I do have a second complaint that the map for the country club is completely worthless without locations marked.

Salsa

is it weird that im really really liking the game yet I kinda dont wanna get the DLC?

if the courses were integrated to single player maybe.. but I doubt i'll get tired of the current holes anytime soon. Mario 64's courses are great but at the same time it doesnt really make much of a difference to the actual multiplayer tourneys IMO. holes are holes. Large majority of the tourneys are gonna be base courses anyway.

if Tomodachi Life's reception is awful i'll grab it then

only thing tempting me is fucking Nabbit :(

emgeejay

Can you still cheat your way through the game by hitting "save and quit" on the pause menu? Difference between buy/don't buy for me.

Josh5890

Just waiting to get out of class. Then it is fore!!!

FC-3110-4025-7228

Ill add a bunch of codes at home and on everyone. Add me if you wish.

Can someone please tell me how many blocks this gamw takes up if I buy the digital version via Nintendo eshop? Also how do I go about checking how much available space I have or don't have on my 3DS XL? Sorry im still pretty much a 3DS noob but will greatly appreciate any and all help.

Salsa

funny how I almost unlocked all star characters yet Daisy (the first one you get) still has the longest swing by far

she's like the game's drake sword

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah that is my only substantial complaint with the game. The power suggestion on putting is too low. You do need to be mindful of slope arrows, but even when it's totally flat, the marker is too low.

This is pretty much how it is in most any golf game. I've learned to almost always go over the marker by at least a little bit on any flat or uphill putt. If it helps, think about the marker as what would happen in perfect conditions without friction.

With enough experience, you'll get to the point where you can gauge the distance, elevation, and slope changes and intuitively know how much under/over the marker you should be. While holing out is always nice, when starting out you should really focus on trying to get your put within 5 feet at worst so that your next putt is a lot easier. What works just as well in real golf often applies in video game form.

Another thing to keep in mind is the specific putt meter you're using. Being off by 5% more on the 30 yard bar won't have nearly as much of an effect as 5% on the 100 yard bar. It's common sense, but people often forget it.

Cody_D165

Banned
is it weird that im really really liking the game yet I kinda dont wanna get the DLC?

if the courses were integrated to single player maybe.. but I doubt i'll get tired of the current holes anytime soon. Mario 64's courses are great but at the same time it doesnt really make much of a difference to the actual multiplayer tourneys IMO. holes are holes. Large majority of the tourneys are gonna be base courses anyway.

if Tomodachi Life's reception is awful i'll grab it then

only thing tempting me is fucking Nabbit :(

I'm not jumping on it yet either even though I reeeeally would love to play the N64 courses. No rush to buy extra courses yet though. You could always just grab the Nabbit pack when it's actually released!

This game!! Wow wow wow! I am in love! Already played a quick round of GAF early bird started one for my work buddies over the weekend and played some handicap games!

I love it.

Just got started but the game seems pretty great already. I love all the PlayStation golf games but this is my first go with Mario Golf.
I've figured out how to get at least -13 in the Mario tournament without any long chip-ins. I'll go actually implement that later though. It'll take some retries to not screw up.

EDIT: Oh hi Greg. :3
-13 under? Wow, I've got a lot of catching up to do ;)

I've figured out how to get at least -13 in the Mario tournament without any long chip-ins. I'll go actually implement that later though. It'll take some retries to not screw up.

EDIT: Oh hi Greg. :3

Can someone please explain what all the stats mean in the character selection screen? Like, what is S and C at the bottom what is that colored bar?

505zoom

Can someone please explain what all the stats mean in the character selection screen? Like, what is S and C at the bottom what is that colored bar?

S = sweetspot size.
C = control (how bad the shot goes offline when you miss the sweetspot).

edit - Colored bar is shot height.

Cody_D165

Banned
Anyone up for a multiplayer sesh? I'm chilling in the GAF community lobby (for those that don't know, the ID is 44-9382-4282-5710)!

bodine1231

I wish the game was more menu driven like Hot Shots instead of the Animal Crossing-like navigation. I shouldn't have to wander around to find out where to go,the progression in this game is very confusing.

Top Bottom