• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Mii's at 269y right now... but her sweet spot and control are both garbage compared to Daisy's.

Oh, Play Time time.

Demo: 22:36
Actual game: 32:51

...I better go read that book for school.

P.S. I don't even feel like I've come close to getting everything, either. Most costume challenges are not completed, among other things, and I only have 52 challenges done out of 220 total available right now (260 once all the DLC comes out). I still have to set scores and times in a lot of modes and courses, and so on. A lot of the stuff in this game is also very challenging but fair. So glad I bought it.

You played the demo for more than 20 hours!?

Robin64

I'm so close to picking up this game...

I've saw somewhere that you unlock some gear by doing online tournaments....specifically the Game Boy gear? Is any gear tied to a specific tournament? I'm just paranoid, I thought the Game Boy gear was really cool but would hate if it was only unlockable by completing a tournament that was only active this month or something. I don't really know how it works.

The Game Boy gear is indeed tied to a tournament that is set to expire. However, we simply don't know at this point if the gear will crop up to win again in later tournaments or not. Personally, I am guessing it will.

Velcro Fly

I bet it's going to be like some Animal Crossing giveaway stuff where it will eventually cycle around again after a few months.

Kouriozan

Good game!
Had so much trouble getting birdies though >.<

NltKrrn.jpg

Robin64

Well, our first tournament has officially FINISHED!

Congratulation to all 176 people who entered NeoGAF EarlyBird, but special congratulations go to Rich and MrG&W who were both able to achieve the phenomenal score of -26! Check out the award ceremony on your 3DS!

With that said, it's time for us to move on to the next course. Behold, the second Grand Tournament!

HaWJjIY.png

Good luck to everyone! See you on the greens.

Derphoof

Congratulation to all 176 people who entered NeoGAF EarlyBird, but special congratulations go to Rich and MrG&W who were both able to achieve the phenomenal score of -26! Check out the award ceremony on your 3DS!

With that said, it's time for us to move on to the next course. Behold, the second Grand Tournament!

HaWJjIY.png

Damn. That's a ridiculous score.

I managed to get -13, although it was a couple minutes after the deadline passed. I found it interesting that it told me where I would've ranked on the leaderboard had I been on time (71st).

Onto the next tourney!

505zoom

HaWJjIY.png

Awesome. Who on here is MrG&W?... and how many coins did they give you? I'm wondering if we got the same and it treats same scores as ties, or if it truly does use date/time submitted as a tiebreaker.

Good tourney ya'll. I think -28 or -29 was possible, but even the -26 took a near perfect urn.

On to the next one!

Robin64

Awesome. Who on here is MrG&W?... and how many coins did they give you? I'm wondering if we got the same and it treats same scores as ties, or if it truly does use date/time submitted as a tiebreaker.

Good tourney ya'll. I think -28 or -29 was possible, but even the -26 took a near perfect urn.

On to the next one!

Think it does have the person that submitted the score first getting the lead. How many coins did you get, by the way?

NotLiquid

Man I got third (well I guess second if you consider the first place to be a tie). That's really surprising considering how many people entered. Thanks for the fun and games! Can't wait to take part in the next tourney.

Robin64

Man I got third (well I guess second if you consider the first place to be a tie). That's really surprising considering how many people entered. Thanks for the fun and games! Can't wait to take part in the next tourney.

Did you get a nice chunk of coins?

hort22

2 questions...anyone play on a 2ds and xl?

Wondering how much I'm missing from using the smaller screen.

Also if I would get the dlc now and then get an xl in the future how does that all work?

New 2ds owner in the last few days.

505zoom

I kind of forgot to take note but judging from my memory and my last coin amount before the ceremony I'm pretty sure it was somewhere above 4000 at the least, so yeah. Pretty good!

EDIT: 5950 coins.

Very nice.

This is weird, but for some reason they said 5400 at the end of the ceremony, but now looking back in the past scores section it says 6540. Interesting.

Kouriozan

My score at the second GAF big tournament :

88Pc9dr.jpg

Yes, I failed at one hole but also had an HiO.
I'm so happy to see I'm getting better and better, my very best run yet :D

Robin64

Very nice.

This is weird, but for some reason they said 5400 at the end of the ceremony, but now looking back in the past scores section it says 6540. Interesting.

Mine's higher than the ceremony too. Probably the total coins earnt in the tournament overall, given you get some each time you have a round.

2 questions...anyone play on a 2ds and xl?

Wondering how much I'm missing from using the smaller screen.

Also if I would get the dlc now and then get an xl in the future how does that all work?

New 2ds owner in the last few days.

pretty sure that as long as you do a system transfer you will have no problems with DLC.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow, I got 35th? If I didn't completely botch the last hole I could have gotten -19 instead of -16 and been top 14. Maybe I should have played more than once. It gave me over 2k coins, and now I have 16k but bought everything available to me. Are these actually going to get used in the future?

rugioh

Banned

HaWJjIY.png

Just did a quick round, was as high as -6 but dropped to -3. I'll give it some more tries later on. Are Miis a legit pick for GAF tourneys or should we use stock characters?

Kinsei

Banned
The people who designed Yoshi Lake Star Coin Collector #2 are evil. You needed perfect timing on all of your shots, but I finally managed to do it with star Kamek.

My Mii has reached star character status! After equipping the Cloud Mario costume my stats are as good as star Yoshi. If you haven't done so yet, do the training at the castle club to get some awesome costumes. shot practice gives you Bee Mario, approach practice gives you Cloud Mario, and I'm pretty sure putting practice gives you Boomerang Mario (I haven't beaten it yet. Stupid extra mode.)..

Just did a quick round, was as high as -6 but dropped to -3. I'll give it some more tries later on. Are Miis a legit pick for GAF tourneys or should we use stock characters?
With Miis you can get to at least 270-ish yard drives currently. However, as far as we know, at this moment in time your Sweet Spot and Control stats will currently be inferior to those of an actual Star Character with drives that long. Some of the clubs/balls I have yet to unlock in the boutique might help with that, and the same goes for gear you have to get from online tourneys, but things are currently looking grim for Miis.

EDIT: Really, ATM Miis of a certain yardage typically have inferior control and sweet spot stats to Mario characters with that yardage.

Velcro Fly

-13 on World Tournament 1 with a bogey. My Mii drives 234 yards so not too great. I definitely feel like with getting better on a few holes I could push -15 or -16 with my current setup.

I'm not sure how I feel about this game.

Mario Golf is probably one of my favorite game franchises of all time. I've easily put in over 200+ hours on each iteration (GB, 64, TT, AT) and something about this game seems incredibly off. I don't think it's the lack of RPG mode because Toadstool Tour didn't have that either... maybe it's that I feel like I'm attached to my Mii character that I really dislike. The actual single player mode just seems so empty. The clubhouse is filled with generic Koopa's and Toad's that say generic things. There's just nothing to this game I feel like.

I'm making my way through the challenge modes but even those offer nothing different than past games.

Velcro Fly

I was also -8 going into the last hole of Peach Garden's for that set character tournament but that last hole fucking sucks and I got a bogey. I'm in the silver trophy range for some of these tournaments right now. I do not like how tied scores are not truly tied and go to the person who shot the score first.

Top Bottom