• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

daydream

Banned
The time will eventually come. See that lock icon when checking your past scores? Only lock your golds. You can only keep 10 normal trophies at a time so if you lock your golds then over time you should lose the Bronze.

Oh, good observation! That's a smart solution.

Loco4Coco

I think I ran into a glitch in the 1st coin collector challenge in Bowser's Castle. I used the Note Block to bounce into the coin, it does it's chime signaling that I got it. Then on the next following shot it faces me toward the starting tee and the Star Coin is still there. Did it a couple of time and still. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote for new page.

Ah OK, so I still have plenty of time to qualify.
Yep! Neither of the first two qualifiers have finished yet so just improve your scores and you should be good. :)

Getting all my golds was easy so I'm assuming that the standards for Bronze are pretty achievable for the vast majority of the population. Just practice and you should get it eventually.

I think I ran into a glitch in the 1st coin collector challenge in Bowser's Castle. I used the Note Block to bounce into the coin, it does it's chime signaling that I got it. Then on the next following shot it faces me toward the starting tee and the Star Coin is still there. Did it a couple of time and still. Am I doing something wrong?
The chime you are hearing is the note block's chime. You aren't actually hitting the coin.

lt519

Then there's nothing to argue here because my intent was simply to point out that the range you gave was way too much and would cause him to severely overestimate his shots. That's it. >_>

I'm trying hard to not sound abrasive, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I enjoy this community thoroughly. But I think one number for a compensation can also cause someone to severely overestimate their shots.

Correct me if I am wrong. But for an example if you say it is 1 meter per m/s and the wind is 10 m/s in your face then you are suggesting a 250 meter shot is going to go 240 meters and that a 50 meter shot is going to go 40 meters. Likewise a shot that stays in the air for 10 seconds is going to experience the same amount of loss as a shot that stays in the air for 5 seconds. Unless the game doesn't account for time in the air it's not fair to just tell someone a simple conversion rate.

Too me that's a pretty key point and something I've been using to dial in my shots already.

Anyway I'll be on for some matches tonight, we can settle this on the course :)

Jasconius

Ranking: 159
Players: 5949
Coins Acquired: 15980

Your coin number seems pretty low. I was in the Americas one, though. :/

The coin amount isn't too different depending on your rank within the same trophy type is what I'm guessing. I had 60 points, ranked 47th, but I only got 16,620 coins.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a dummy and didn't wire down the code for my free Mario golf gameboy game. Any way to get it back? Also my dlc download failed must I got to the e shop to get it? Wifi is acting up a bit :/

Correct me if I am wrong. But for an example if you say it is 1 meter per m/s and the wind is 10 m/s in your face then you are suggesting a 250 meter shot is going to go 240 meters and that a 50 meter shot is going to go 40 meters.
You're wrong so I'll correct you.

You were giving a range of about 4 to 8 yards per each m/s. I was just pointing out that the actual range is much closer to 1 to 2 yards per each m/s. The value you should use in that range depends on the situation but it's usually within that range. That's it. I was not giving an exact value. I was just toning down the range that you gave to be significantly more accurate and actually usable.

octopiggy

zlCfzR52_K0q-vCqDg

120 Star Coins!

Hmm... to get my beautiful 100% I'll probably have to get a cart for my other 3DS and restart that over and over as I play with myself over WiFi to get all of the outfits. I can get the cart I want now but I'll wait until next week.

Can anybody test if 3 holes are enough to get somebody's outfit? The fewer holes I have to play with myself the better.

EDIT: Haven't gotten to play the Near-Pin Tourney yet. Looking forward to it though.

EDIT2: I'm really happy the game's a budget price here because I intend on buying it twice *just* for 100%.

On the bright side, getting a second cart will allow me to troll high-handicap tourneys.

Jasconius

How come no ones talking about the near pin tourney?? Its great and allows for more varied scores.
Bleh, Sky Island... ;p

I do like the near-pin format though! I've just played those same 9 holes so many times over and over... If my 74.x ft is good enough for gold at the end of the tourney (I'm thinking yes) then I probably won't even attempt it again.

Hmm... to get my beautiful 100% I'll probably have to get a cart for my other 3DS and restart that over and over as I play with myself over WiFi to get all of the outfits. I can get the cart I want now but I'll wait until next week.

Can anybody test if 3 holes are enough to get somebody's outfit? The fewer holes I have to play with myself the better.

EDIT: Haven't gotten to play the Near-Pin Tourney yet. Looking forward to it though.

EDIT2: I'm really happy the game's a budget price here because I intend on buying it twice *just* for 100%.

On the bright side, getting a second cart will allow me to troll high-handicap tourneys.

Gaming is broken.

I'm a dummy and didn't wire down the code for my free Mario golf gameboy game. Any way to get it back? Also my dlc download failed must I got to the e shop to get it? Wifi is acting up a bit :/
eShop > Settings/Other > Account Activity > open game reciept

Apparently.

rugioh

Banned
Jesus somehow got -8 on the Strong Wings Sky Island Tourney. I was just entering for kicks and ended up going on a roll.

Is your character's "country outfit" determined by 3DS region or what you choose at the beginning of the game?

Because I would feel stupid if I went ahead with my crazy scheme and it didn't work. lol

Oh, I forgot about the other tournaments. Have to check tonight for the trophies and coins. Wel, I got a silver one that Europe regional, so that's that. :) If I had one more point, I had gold. :( Oh well....

Also tried the near pin one. Managed to get 20,11 (meters?) and was 9th at the time. Tried to do even lower, but always messed up on certain holes. :( And dropped to the 10th place, still gold for now, but it is still 6 days, so anything can happen. :(

Did get a lot of hole in one's though, so that Fire Mario costume was unlocked quite fast. :p I guess, you can have a 0 score if you can hole in one each one. (near impossible I think, but yeah, you never know...)

Without DLC, are there really only three 18 hole courses in this game?

I guess, you can have a 0 score if you can hole in one each one. (near impossible I think, but yeah, you never know...)
Never underestimate a determined Japanese arcade golfer.

...Actually, i don't think 0.00 will happen, but I do predict a single digit score in feet - that's like 3m I think? - in the Americas by the end of this. We do have some very consistent golfers, and the key to getting really good scores in these online tourneys is to be consistent enough to take advantage of chip-ins and HIOs instead of choking horribly.

Japan's leaderboard for this will probably be "Oh my god..." by the end of it, though. >_>

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Isn't it kinda odd that there are Nearest to the Pin and Double Peoria tournaments available, but those aren't available in the single player?
Nintendo is really pushing for the online Tournaments so much they stripped away single player ones.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Seems to be a handycap system. Below is a definition. Double is 12 holes chosen instead of 6.

http://golf.about.com/cs/golfterms/g/bldef_peoriasys.htm
The Peoria System is a sort of 1-day handicapping system for tournaments in which most of the golfers do not have real handicap indexes (company outings, for example).
The Peoria System allows a "handicap allowance" to be determined and then applied to each golfer's score.

The tournament committee secretly selects six holes. These are usually two par 3s, two par 4s and two par 5s, and often one of each type per nine (one par 3 on the front, the other on the back nine). Competitors do not know which holes have been selected.

Groups tee off and complete their rounds, playing stroke play and scoring in the normal fashion with one exception: double par is the maximum (i.e., 8 is the maximum score on a par-4). Following completion of play, the six Peoria holes are announced.

Each player totals his six secret holes. That total is multiplied by 3; par is subtracted from that total; then the resulting number is multiplied by 80 percent. This is the player's allowance. The allowance is subtracted from the player's gross score and the result is the net Peoria System score.

Example: On the six holes, Player A uses 30 strokes. 30x3=90. 90 minus par-72 is 18. Eighty percent of 18 is 14 (round off). Fourteen is the allowance. Player A's gross score is 90; 90 minus 14 results in a Peoria System net score of 76.

Peoria is sometimes called Bankers System or a Bankers Handicap.

Top Bottom