• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Wow, the coins in this game seem to not mean much once you enter a couple tournaments. I'm pretty sure I have enough coins to buy everything in the game multiple times!

gunstarhero

I just paid Kammy $10,000 to change my swing type and nothing changed... excet for the fact that he took the money. :-/

Am I missing something?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I just paid Kammy $10,000 to change my swing type and nothing changed... excet for the fact that he took the money. :-/

Am I missing something?

Check your club. They can alter your swing. I have a right handed draw, and I got a club with a fade, and it made me hit straight PLUS lower my yardage by 10. So press X to see what the club's draw or fade modifier is. And go to one with no swing direction modifier to see your natural swing.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Two hole in ones on Bowser's Castle, was heading for my best score yet when I got +6 and +4 for the last two holes. Can't even explain how the hell I kept going out of bounds. Here I thought I was getting better at this game...

Also, all the Shy Guys everywhere keep reminding me how much I wish he was playable :(

Anustart

Is there an easier way to get Bowser star coin 2 than to hit the bomb and hope you don't go ob?

Edit: Well, got a decent placing after bomb blast and got it.

Is there an easier way to get Bowser star coin 2 than to hit the bomb and hope you don't go ob?

I ended up changing clubs down so the ball trajectory comes in high and you can put heavy back spin on and roll backwards away from the ball and use the item on the next shot.

Question: now that I've won the 3 main course championships in Castle Club mode, what is my next objective? I'm feeling a bit lost. Thanks.

Unlock everything else by beating the challenges in solo player mode, and the 1 on 1 putt challenge in Club mode.
1) What do you mean challenges? Like the target practice modes or something else? One time I saw some kind of challenge at Peach's course, but I failed it and then I couldn't do it again.

2) Where do you do the 1 on 1 putt challenge?

Thanks.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
1) What do you mean challenges? Like the target practice modes or something else? One time I saw some kind of challenge at Peach's course, but I failed it and then I couldn't do it again.

On the main menu, choose the left option (Quick Play), then Single Player, and you'll see a Challenges option at the bottom.

Robin64

Four hours from now, NeoGAF BeachTrip will be over and the third and final tournament in (what I am calling) the NeoGAF Grand Tournament Trilogy will begin.

Fun fact: Whilst about 180 people took part in NeoGAF EarlyBird, NeoGAF BeachTrip has only had 80 participants. Big drop-off!

XiaNaphryz

Four hours from now, NeoGAF BeachTrip will be over and the third and final tournament in (what I am calling) the NeoGAF Grand Tournament Trilogy will begin.

Fun fact: Whilst about 180 people took part in NeoGAF EarlyBird, NeoGAF BeachTrip has only had 80 participants. Big drop-off!

Maybe the top 50 scores scared a bunch of players off until they could get better.

Reknoc

Hm I came in over the hundreds during the early bird and my personal goal was to be within double digits... I feel less accomplished now :(

Anustart

So I just got ripped off in a cheek cheep lagoon costume challenge. Had 1:04 left on final hole, I did it just as quick as any other hole, but my time jumped to 8 minutes when I made the hole. Wtf. I didnt use more than 30 seconds, let alone a minute 4.

Conezays

Anyone down for some rounds in the GAF lobby?

Just finished the third course's challenges. Damn, some of those were devious. Can't imagine what the moon coins are like.

Smilax

I need help on the second Star Coin on the Mountain Course. Its the one where its near 3 rock pillars and the item is the tornado. I just don't know what to do there

Anustart

Do you have to beat 18 hole one on, one in to unlock sky island challenges?

I just did the 9, said I unlocked it in Mario golf, but challenges aren't there.

Jasconius

Do you have to beat 18 hole one on, one in to unlock sky island challenges?

I just did the 9, said I unlocked it in Mario golf, but challenges aren't there.

No, it unlocked for me when I did the 9-hole challenge. Make sure you are looking in the right place - Sky Island is the 4th course, before all of the 9-hole ones.

Edit: Well, got a decent placing after bomb blast and got it.
For anybody still wondering the "correct" way to do this, you just lob the ball over the bomb on your second shot. That's it. You can even grab the bullet bill on the second shot on the way up and it's actually easier if you do it that way since you'll have more room to get over.

I've seen some of the weirdest solutions to that challenge on the internet and it puzzles me since I did the challenge multiple times to check that it's as simple as just lobbing it over the bomb. It is.

Robin64

NeoGAF BeachTrip has now finished!

Congratulations to all 79 participants, but especially to the top 10:

MrG&W | -26
Marth | -25
Rich | -25
Poltergust | -23
Jascii | -23
Link | -22
Kouriozan | -21
Alex | -21
Hannah | -20
Boxy Brown | -20

And now we move on to the third in the trilogy...

M5jyXil.png

Good luck to everyone! No hitting below the belt and all that.

Anustart

MrG&W | -26
Marth | -25
Rich | -25
Poltergust | -23
Jascii | -23
Link | -22
Kouriozan | -21
Alex | -21
Hannah | -20
Boxy Brown | -20

M5jyXil.png

Yay I got 10th!

XiaNaphryz

Never managed to find time to submit a second score, I think I could have easily broke the top 10 again with a clean run. Ah well, on to the next one!

Kouriozan

MrG&W | -26
Marth | -25
Rich | -25
Poltergust | -23
Jascii | -23
Link | -22
Kouriozan | -21
Alex | -21
Hannah | -20
Boxy Brown | -20

M5jyXil.png

Yay, glad I could be in the top 10, I'll never be able to repeat that though :p

Timeaisis

MrG&W | -26
Marth | -25
Rich | -25
Poltergust | -23
Jascii | -23
Link | -22
Kouriozan | -21
Alex | -21
Hannah | -20
Boxy Brown | -20

M5jyXil.png

Two strokes away from top 10! Awww...maybe next time. :)

Kouriozan

Started pretty well, then missed an eagle and now doing OK >.<
Edit : Oh, another Eagle :lol
Edit 2 : good game, was pretty great.

Top Bottom