• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Rezbit

Mario Kart Channel offers a good way to add whatever extra stuff they want to, hopefully they follow through with it. Agree about single player being light-on, though. Overall I don't think MK7 seems as "random" as MKWii, and I think some of the new tracks are the best in the series.

Think MKDS still takes the cake as my favourite though.

Oh, and damn I wish you could voice chat in this game! Although I reckon it may just be constant profanities haha.

dwu8991

Banned
I have a problem with the drifting. Its not as good as Mario Kart DS.
The drifting takes forever to go to blue and red turbo and some times even when you hold down the drift button it dosen't even work!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The drifting takes forever to go to blue and red turbo and some times even when you hold down the drift button it dosen't even work!

It depends on how sharp the turn is, as well as how much speed you have, and yes, it does take longer to active a full charge. It's not as easily exploitable as Mario Kart DS, which I prefer, because this is more, or less a party game and I don't want to have to worry about snaking in a game where I'm likely to be blown up by a Blue Shell in the end.

I hear you. I miss the auto drifting from MKWii, now that was a way to release the player from them troubling secondary activities

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
This is going to be close EYE!!!!

Edit: oh wow was behind you the whole time then passed you on the last stretch. Good game!

Skiesofwonder

FIRE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWERRRRRRRRR!

D:

*mumble*

Good game.

Yeah. You scorched me! That was a great game. 26-25 going into the last race.

Lol I missed the last item pickup and I saw you with three green turtles and I thought it was over for sure, then you just dissapeared!

But yeah it was a great game. If you get a chance PM me your friend code. I'll do the same when I get done with this match. We had some really close rounds!

Lol I missed the last item pickup and I saw you with three green turtles and I thought it was over for sure, then you just dissapeared!

But yeah it was a great game. If you get a chance PM me your friend code. I'll do the same when I get done with this match. We had some really close rounds!

I thought that was you with the fire flower that got me! I thought, "How apropos. Mario with the fire flower." I felt so safe also with my three shells, and then the fire cut right through them.

PM on the way.

Bullza2o

I finally got the game just now! This game is so fun. I'll try adding everybody in the GAF FC list.
Here's mine: 5412 - 9913 - 4988 name is Willard.

See you all at the GAF community! :D

I don't know the friend adding traditions in GAF, but I'd like a PM if someone is kind enough to add me as a 3DS friend, haha.

I'm getting constant "Communication Error" when playing online. Sorry to you guys I was racing with :/

Hope this gets ironed out SOON.

Skiesofwonder

Whoever is in charge of keeping up, Add me to the GAF Mario Kart 7 list please.

Friend Code: 3695-0029-1998

Btw I got your PM and added you Freezie!

I'll play you guys tomorrow!

Tuck

Okay so online...

Jeez, people kept popping up in front of me (Out of no where). I spent the entire game in first place, finish in first... only to find out that I was actually in forth.

So.. yeah, that's a problem. And I know its not my connection.

backlot

Okay so online...

Jeez, people kept popping up in front of me (Out of no where). I spent the entire game in first place, finish in first... only to find out that I was actually in forth.

So.. yeah, that's a problem. And I know its not my connection.

You're absolutely sure it's not your connection? Sounds like lag to me.

waicol

Banned
I suck, but at least I finished 3rd once!

images

mandiller

A blue shell robbed me of 1st on one track and there were some pesky lightnings, but I did get 1st on one track so I'm happy. Good game n8BitMan

backlot

I've been using barrel train with wooden wheels and a light character and it's been working pretty well. Haven't unlocked zucchini yet but it looks worth trying out.

Also have only unlocked one glider. Are there very few of them to unlock or am I just unlucky?

Gravijah

I've been using barrel train with wooden wheels and a light character and it's been working pretty well. Haven't unlocked zucchini yet but it looks worth trying out.

Also have only unlocked one glider. Are there very few of them to unlock or am I just unlucky?

there aren't very many i don't think, i've got 3 total at 2000 coins.

Berordn

There aren't as many gliders as there are karts and wheels, so it seems like they're rarer just because of the lower probability. I'm sitting at around 2500 coins and I've only got two gliders myself.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Pushmo destroyed my Mario Kart time today, and this weekend is going to be filled with so much studying for finals. I doubt I'll be online much for a while, and if I am, I'm probably procrastinating. I can't wait for next week to be over so I can really have some time to learn the ins and outs of each track.

jokkir

wtf I just saw a Bowser in random outrun my red shell. It tailed him for at least 5 seconds until he got an item to stop it.

MooMoo

Hm, so I haven't played this game nearly as much as some of you guys, but here's a few of my issues with this game:

1. Drifting: I miss the way MKDS did it. Sometimes I'll try to take advantage of a not so sharp turn but I end up just normal drifting (i.e. no speed boost). As a result of this, I mentally think "maybe if I just turn sharper" and try to do that but usually by then I'm nearing the point where I'm about to just drive into the grass and I'm like "oh shit, stop steering left!" I feel like it's something I'll eventually get used to/I need to break this mentality, but as of right now it's an annoyance to me.
2. Item abuse: Never played MK Wii and MKDS is the only Mario Kart I've played. Item use in MKDS never seemed too annoying but MK7 is definitely a step up from MKDS in terms of how often certain items get spammed/the succession of which they get used. I won't say much, but I don't think I've ever lost a lead in MKDS due to item spam but in MK7 I've definitely gone from first to 5th-ish just because the items wouldn't stop coming.
3. Single track racing with 7 other comps: So unless I'm blind, I can't seem to find it. Pretty bizarre they took it out, considering MKDS had it.
4. Showing lap/track completion times: MKDS also had this (when playing Grand Prixs) but it's visibly absent from MK7. I'll admit this is a minor complaint, but if the number of starts I get for a Prix depends on time it would be nice to have an estimate as to how much faster I should be blasting through the tracks to get more stars.
5. Black/white screens of loading: Another nitpick, but a personal annoyance nonetheless :p

Otherwise it's a fun, extremely clean-looking game nonetheless. I just need more time to play it :S

Top Bottom